- Suit claims man was roughed up at Eugene bus station Updated: Nov-26-15 4:22 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - A man is suing the Eugene-area transit district saying he was slammed into a sidewalk and handcuffed at a downtown bus station.
- New minivan service debuts in western Kansas Updated: Nov-26-15 12:27 pm
CIMARRON, Kansas - A western Kansas county has a new transportation service organized to help residents get to appointments, visit friends or collect their groceries.
- Former Chicago Transit workers sentenced in fraud scheme Updated: Nov-26-15 4:10 am
CHICAGO - Two former Chicago Transit Authority workers have been sentenced in a fraud scheme.
- Man hurt in shooting outside Philadelphia transit center Updated: Nov-25-15 6:38 am
PHILADELPHIA - Police say a 20-year-old man is hospitalized after a shooting outside a Philadelphia transit center.
- Metro Phoenix transit CEO resigns amid expense report probe Updated: Nov-24-15 7:53 pm
PHOENIX - The CEO of the Phoenix metropolitan area's bus and light-rail systems announced his resignation Tuesday amid a newspaper's investigation into his expense reports, which included first-class flights and expensive dinner and hotel tabs.
- Metro Blue Line tracks remain shut following train-car crash Updated: Nov-24-15 8:22 am
LOS ANGELES - Metro Blue Line commuters will be shuttled via buses in the Compton and Willowbrook areas as crews continue to repair the tracks and rail systems following Monday's train-car collision.
- Correction: Bus Route Stalled story Updated: Nov-23-15 12:11 pm
BOULDER, Colorado - In a story Nov. 22 about a new bus service between Boulder and Denver, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the Flatiron Flyer service would not begin operating as planned in the new year. The service will start running on Jan. 3 but buses will not have the option of driving on the shoulder when traffic backs up unless lawmakers pass an exemption to state law.
- Lake Tahoe transit officials lament lack of funding Updated: Nov-22-15 5:23 pm
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, California - An integrated transit system around the Lake Tahoe Basin won't be realized without asking locals to chip in, area transit and resort representatives said.
- Project to upgrade transit, broadband access in rural areas Updated: Nov-21-15 12:02 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - An Ohio transportation agency is expected to use nearly $7 million in federal money to upgrade technology of rural transit agencies and increase broadband Internet access in areas with insufficient service.
- Transit cop goes into cardiac arrest after suspect struggle Updated: Nov-19-15 2:33 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A Philadelphia transit officer went into cardiac arrest after making an arrest, but is in stable condition.
- Testing begins on light rail extension in northwest Phoenix Updated: Nov-19-15 12:11 pm
PHOENIX - Valley Metro has begun testing a 3.2-mile light rail extension in northwest Phoenix.
- Utah lawmakers defend trip to Switzerland Updated: Nov-19-15 11:51 am
SALT LAKE CITY - The vice chairman of the board of Utah Transit Authority has resigned after taking a controversial trip to Switzerland, although he says he stepped down for unrelated reasons.
- Baton Rouge transit customers 17 and younger to ride free Updated: Nov-19-15 4:06 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Capital Area Transit System's Board of Commissioners has approved a pilot program that allows customers 17-years-old and younger to ride free in the month of December.
- NJ Transit offering military personnel free rides Updated: Nov-10-15 9:25 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - New Jersey Transit is offering active and retired members of the military free rides on Veterans Day.
- Pedestrian dies after hit by Dallas Area Rapid Transit bus Updated: Nov-10-15 8:19 am
DALLAS - Authorities say a man standing along a highway waving vehicles away from a traffic accident has died after being hit by a Dallas Area Rapid Transit bus.
- Transit police officer buys shoes for shoeless passenger Updated: Nov-10-15 6:56 am
LINDENWOLD, New Jersey - A transit police officer reached for his wallet instead of his ticket book when a bus driver told him a disruptive passenger was not wearing shoes.
- Schumer says NY transit funding threatened in Congress Updated: Nov-09-15 1:27 pm
ALBANY, New York - Sen. Charles Schumer says the recently House-passed transportation bill cuts funding for a mass transit program critical to New York.
- Team bus blowout, fire delays championship game Updated: Nov-07-15 10:20 am
BERLIN, Pennsylvania - A conference championship football game in western Pennsylvania was delayed by about an hour after a bus transporting one of the teams caught fire.
- The Latest: 19 workers on bus that crashed were from Mexico Updated: Nov-06-15 11:42 pm
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The latest on the crash of a cross-country bus in North Little Rock, Arkansas (all times local):
- Ninilchik officials working on plans for public transit Updated: Nov-06-15 8:11 am
KENAI, Alaska - Ninilchik officials are drafting a public transportation plan for a bus service in the western peninsula to provide members of the community access to medical services.
- NJ Transit adjusts some late-night trains Updated: Nov-06-15 7:10 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - New Jersey Transit is adjusting some late-night rail service in the wake of September's service cutbacks.
- Motorcyclist dies in crash with Cobb County Transit bus Updated: Nov-04-15 4:37 pm
MARIETTA, Georgia - Police say a motorcyclist has died in a crash with a transit bus in suburban Atlanta.
- Next stage begins on bus-only corridor: land development Updated: Nov-04-15 3:40 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - As Connecticut's bus-only corridor begins its eighth month, state transportation officials are turning their attention to the next stage of the half-billion dollar project: promoting development along the Hartford-to-New Britain route.
- MBTA approves safety technology for commuter rail Updated: Nov-03-15 9:37 am
BOSTON - Boston transit officials plan to spend more than $450 million on safety technology for the commuter rail system.
- Eugene transit district buys first all-electric buses Updated: Nov-02-15 10:46 am
EUGENE, Oregon - The Lane Transit District is ordering all-electric buses for the first time.