- Iraq: Separate bomb attacks kill 11 in and around Baghdad Updated: Sep-03-15 11:17 am
BAGHDAD - Officials say a wave of attacks in and around Baghdad has killed at least 11 civilians and wounded 28.
- 2 face sentencing in Ferguson-related bomb plot Updated: Sep-03-15 10:49 am
ST. LOUIS - Two St. Louis men face sentencing for planning a bomb attack targeting the Ferguson police chief and other officials after an officer killed Michael Brown there last year.
- Turkey skeptical Bangkok bomb suspects are Turks Updated: Sep-03-15 9:56 am
BANGKOK - Turkey expressed skepticism Thursday over reports that its nationals were involved in the Aug. 17 bombing of a Bangkok landmark that killed 20 people, as Thai authorities reported finding a "suspicious fluid" during a raid at a third home linked to suspects in the attack.
- Head of UN investigative panel on Syria calls IS 'desperate' Updated: Sep-03-15 9:32 am
GENEVA - The Islamic State group appears "desperate" and is losing ground to Kurdish fighters who are battling the radicals "on behalf of humanity," the head of a U.N. panel on Syria said Thursday.
- FBI has 13 of Oklahoma City bombing co-conspirator's guns Updated: Sep-03-15 9:17 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - The FBI has more than a dozen rifles, handguns and shotguns belonging to Oklahoma City bombing co-conspirator Terry Nichols, who wants the guns turned over to his ex-wife because he owes child support, court records show.
- Death toll from IS attack on Yemeni mosque rises to 28 Updated: Sep-03-15 7:01 am
SANAA, Yemen - Yemeni officials say the death toll from an Islamic State-claimed bombing attack at a mosque in the capital has risen to 28.
- Post-bomb Bangkok moves on, but with new sense of insecurity Updated: Sep-02-15 9:44 am
BANGKOK - One Bangkok resident says he can't shake the horrid sight of what he saw, or the smell of death. Another says the initial shock is gone and he's returned to his old routine - work, happy hour and taking selfies.
- The Latest on Bangkok: Police say suspect was in blast area Updated: Sep-02-15 8:31 am
BANGKOK - The latest on the investigation into the deadly Bangkok bombing (all times local):
- Hearing set on appeal for activist over immigration crime Updated: Sep-02-15 6:19 am
DETROIT - A Chicago activist's appeal of the 18-month prison sentence she was given for lying about her convictions for bombings in Israel when she sought U.S. citizenship is scheduled to be heard this fall.
- Thai police award themselves $84K for arrest of bomb suspect Updated: Aug-31-15 7:04 am
BANGKOK - With much fanfare, Thai police had offered an $84,000 reward for tips leading to arrests in the Bangkok bombing. On Monday, they handed out the cash - to themselves.
- Man to be sentenced in suicide bomb plot at Kansas airport Updated: Aug-30-15 10:37 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A Kansas man's odyssey into terrorism culminated when he tried to bring a van filled with inert explosives onto the tarmac at the Wichita airport where he worked, an attack prosecutors say was aimed at causing "maximum carnage" during which Terry L. Loewen would die as a martyr.
- Texan recalls time 70 years ago as POW during WWII Updated: Aug-29-15 1:26 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - A gold-framed black-and-white photo shows a smiling man in an Army Air Forces uniform, his cheeks still chubby with youth.
- EXCHANGE: Joliet park renamed for fallen soldier Updated: Aug-28-15 9:26 am
PLAINFIELD, Illinois - The first time Andrew Meari experienced freedom was going to the Mayfair neighborhood park at the corner of Ruth Fitzgerald and Joe Adler drives.
- Amputees decry Medicare payment overhaul for artificial feet Updated: Aug-27-15 1:27 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration is trying to disentangle itself from another controversy over Medicare coverage. Amputees are protesting this time, fearing they'll be denied the latest technology for artificial legs and feet.
- Official: Syrian opposition figure dies in attack in Turkey Updated: Aug-26-15 11:25 am
ANKARA, Turkey - A Syrian opposition commander has died in a bomb attack in the Turkish city of Antakya, near the border with Syria, an official said Wednesday.
- Suspect in 1996 Khobar Towers bombing arrested Updated: Aug-26-15 10:46 am
WASHINGTON - A man suspected in the 1996 bombing of the Khobar Towers residence at a U.S. military base in Saudi Arabia has been captured, a U.S. official said Wednesday.
- Attorney General: El Salvador uncovers gang explosives plot Updated: Aug-25-15 6:14 pm
SAN SALVADOR, El Salvador - Salvadoran Attorney General Luis Martinez said Tuesday that authorities had captured a group of gang members who were preparing an attack with explosives on him and other government institutions.
- Boston Marathon trial juror addresses death penalty decision Updated: Aug-25-15 8:53 am
BOSTON - A juror in the trial of Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev (joh-HAHR' tsahr-NEYE'-ehv) says he probably would not have voted for the death penalty had he known that the families of some victims preferred a life sentence.
- Former U of M student detained in Thailand Updated: Aug-25-15 7:13 am
MINNEAPOLIS - A photojournalist who attended the University of Minnesota has been released on bail in Thailand where he was detained for possessing body armor and a helmet.
- Probe of Bangkok bombing recalls bad reputation of police Updated: Aug-25-15 6:01 am
BANGKOK - Investigating a crime with little forensic evidence, no clear motive and no claim of responsibility - like the Bangkok bombing that killed 20 people - would challenge anyone. Yet the Royal Thai Police department is handicapped even in the best of circumstances by a legacy of corruption, brutality and political influence.
- Judge rejects bid to make names of Tsarnaev jurors public Updated: Aug-24-15 5:46 pm
BOSTON - A judge has rejected a motion by The Boston Globe to publicly release the names of jurors in the Boston Marathon bombing trial.
- UN to support initiatives by new Nigerian president Updated: Aug-24-15 2:35 pm
ABUJA, Nigeria - U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon met with President Muhammadu Buhari Monday and promised solidarity in the new Nigerian leader's fight against insecurity, unemployment and corruption.
- Ex-deputy sheriff dies in Afghanistan suicide car bombing Updated: Aug-23-15 2:29 pm
ATLANTA - Local officials say a former deputy sheriff from Georgia was among the victims of a suicide car bombing in Afghanistan.
- Ex-deputy sheriff dies in Afghanistan suicide car bombing Updated: Aug-23-15 1:25 pm
ATLANTA - A northwest Georgia sheriff's department says a former deputy sheriff died in a suicide car bombing in Afghanistan.
- Bombing the latest of many challenges for Thailand's junta Updated: Aug-22-15 8:37 pm
BANGKOK - When a military coup last year ended months of political turmoil and violence in Thailand, even some democracy advocates welcomed the junta's promise to restore stability and return "happiness to the people."