- India hangs only man sentenced to die for 1993 Mumbai blasts Updated: Jul-30-15 5:23 am
NEW DELHI - An Indian accountant and the only person sentenced to death for his role in the 1993 Mumbai bombings that killed 257 people - the country's worst terrorist attack - was hanged Thursday on his birthday, after the president rejected a last-minute mercy plea amid a debate over the capital punishment.
- 2 children injured after homemade bomb thrown into window Updated: Jul-30-15 4:34 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - Two Huntington children have been injured after a homemade explosive was thrown into their living room.
- India execution brings out mixed feelings on punishment Updated: Jul-29-15 10:11 pm
NEW DELHI - Few countries sentence more people to death than India. Whether those punishments are actually carried out is another matter. Though well over a thousand people have been sent to death row this century, just four have been executed.
- Taliban leader Mullah Omar, reclusive in life and death Updated: Jul-29-15 6:19 pm
- Kansas bombing plot defendant faces Aug. 19 court hearing Updated: Jul-29-15 5:05 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A federal court hearing is set for next month for a 20-year-old man charged with plotting to bomb an Army post in Kansas in support of the Islamic State group.
- Yemen's president orders militias merged into his forces Updated: Jul-29-15 1:52 pm
SANAA, Yemen - From his exile in Saudi Arabia, Yemen's president on Wednesday ordered that militias battling Shiite rebels in Yemen be merged with his national army units, a move that comes in an apparent attempt to unify forces fighting on the ground.
- Bahrain makes multiple arrests in wake of deadly bombing Updated: Jul-29-15 6:31 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Bahraini authorities have arrested several suspects in the wake of a deadly bombing targeting police in the strategically important island kingdom.
- Sydney man arrested in 30-year-old shooting, bombing case Updated: Jul-29-15 5:47 am
SYDNEY - More than 30 years after a series of bombings and shootings in Sydney left four people dead, police have arrested a 68-year-old suspect in a case that terrorized Australia's legal fraternity.
- Car bombing kills 2 civilians in northern Afghanistan Updated: Jul-29-15 2:28 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - A police official says a car bombing in northern Afghanistan has killed two civilians and wounded 11.
- Judge unlikely to boost award in Israel bombings to over $1B Updated: Jul-28-15 3:46 pm
NEW YORK - A U.S. judge indicated Tuesday that he was unlikely to boost a $654 million jury award to victims of terror attacks in Israel over a decade ago to more than $1 billion by tacking on interest against the Palestine Liberation Organization and the Palestinian Authority.
- 3 men charged with murder of teens in firebombing Updated: Jul-27-15 9:05 pm
LOS ANGELES - Three fugitives have been arrested and charged in connection with a firebombing that killed three teenagers at a tire shop in April.
- Remains of Pearl Harbor victims raised for identification Updated: Jul-27-15 8:16 pm
HONOLULU - The military on Monday exhumed more caskets containing the unidentified remains of USS Oklahoma crew members killed in the 1941 bombing of Pearl Harbor.
- Somalia hotel truck bomb toll rises to 15 Updated: Jul-27-15 4:55 pm
MOGADISHU, Somalia - The massive truck bomb that killed 15 people, including a Kenyan diplomat, and wrecked Somalia's premier hotel has stunned the capital and raised fears Monday that the Islamic extremist al-Shabab rebels are escalating their violence.
- Authorities order mosques closed in north Cameroon Updated: Jul-26-15 1:02 pm
YAOUNDE, Cameroon - Authorities have ordered the closure of mosques and Islamic schools following a series of suicide bombing attacks in northern Cameroon that have left at least 60 people dead, the region's governor said Sunday.
- Iran's top diplomat tours Arab states following nuclear deal Updated: Jul-26-15 10:37 am
KUWAIT CITY - Iran's top diplomat began a three-nation regional tour Sunday aimed at deepening ties with Arab neighbors following the conclusion of the Islamic Republic's historic nuclear deal with world powers.
- Q&A: Kurds fight Islamic State and endure attacks Updated: Jul-25-15 6:28 pm
BAGHDAD - Turkish jets struck camps belonging to Kurdish militants in northern Iraq Friday and Saturday in what were the first strikes since a peace deal was announced in 2013.
- Monk, policeman die in rebel bomb attack in south Thailand Updated: Jul-25-15 3:34 am
HAT YAI, Thailand - A Buddhist monk and a Thai policeman were killed and six other people wounded in a bomb attack Saturday by suspected Muslim insurgents in southern Thailand, police said.
- In shift, Turkish jets strike Islamic State targets in Syria Updated: Jul-24-15 2:52 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - In a major tactical shift, Turkish warplanes struck Islamic State group targets across the border in Syria on Friday, a day after IS militants fired at a Turkish military outpost. A Syrian rights group said the airstrikes killed nine IS fighters.
- Turkish bombing of Islamic State marks end of tacit truce Updated: Jul-24-15 2:34 pm
ISTANBUL - Last month, the first edition of the Islamic State group's Turkish-language magazine contained not a word of criticism of the Turkish government. This week, the second edition calls Istanbul occupied territory and blasts President Recep Tayyip Erdogan as a tyrant.
- British teen accused of plot to commit college massacre Updated: Jul-24-15 12:25 pm
LONDON - A British teenager planned a gun and bomb attack on a college that had kicked him out for bad behavior, a prosecutor said Friday.
- Turkey allows US to use key air base to strike Islamic State Updated: Jul-24-15 12:04 am
WASHINGTON - Turkey has agreed to let the U.S. military launch airstrikes against the Islamic State from a key air base near the Syrian border, senior U.S. officials said Thursday, giving a boost to the U.S.-led coalition while drawing Turkey deeper into the conflict.
- Bomb kills 1, wounds 8 others in Philippines Updated: Jul-23-15 9:44 pm
MANILA, Philippines - A bomb packed with nails for more lethal effect has exploded in a massage parlor in the southern Philippines, killing one person and leaving at least eight wounded, officials said Friday.
- Man charged following blast in garage; explosives found Updated: Jul-23-15 6:25 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Authorities say a western New York man faces charges following an explosion earlier this week that injured his leg and led to the discovery of numerous home-made explosives, including one packed with nails.
- IS militants kill Turkish soldier near Syria border Updated: Jul-23-15 3:53 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - Islamic State militants fired at a Turkish military outpost from Syrian territory on Thursday, killing one Turkish soldier and wounding two others, Turkish officials said. Turkish troops retaliated, killing at least one IS militant.
- Kenyan bombing victims appeal for aid ahead of Obama visit Updated: Jul-23-15 2:16 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenyan victims of the 1998 bombing of the U.S. Embassy in Nairobi are appealing for financial compensation from the United States ahead of a visit this week by President Barack Obama.