- Christian pastor survives knife attack at home in Bangladesh Updated: Oct-06-15 9:42 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - A Bangladeshi pastor survived an attempt on his life by three men who came to his home pretending to want to learn about Christianity, police and the victim said Tuesday.
- The Latest: 'Christianity is under attack,' Mormons told Updated: Oct-03-15 2:09 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The latest on developments at the Mormon Conference, held twice a year to give guidance, inspiration and news from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (all times local):
- Trump and Carson's attacks on Muslims worry some GOP elders Updated: Oct-02-15 1:11 am
WASHINGTON - The candidates atop the GOP presidential field are ramping up political attacks aimed at Muslims, a move designed to appeal to hardline conservatives. But party elders worry that escalating anti-immigrant rhetoric could cost Republicans the White House in 2016.
- High court to hear Iranian bank appeal over $1.75B judgment Updated: Oct-01-15 12:23 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court said Thursday it will hear an appeal from Iran's central bank over a $1.75 billion judgment awarded to victims of terrorist attacks, including the 1983 bombing that killed 241 American soldiers in Lebanon.
- Red Cross: Wounded trapped in C. African Republic capital Updated: Sep-30-15 10:03 pm
BANGUI, Central African Republic - Aid officials pleaded for access to the neighborhoods of Central African Republic's treacherous capital on Wednesday, saying that sectarian clashes between rivaling Christian and Muslim militias make it too dangerous to help the wounded and to recover bodies.
- India clamping down on critics of Modi, activist groups Updated: Sep-27-15 1:20 am
NEW DELHI - It takes courage to accuse a powerful politician - a man who would go on to become India's prime minister - of encouraging riots against a minority. Police officer Sanjiv Bhatt did just that. And he says he is paying the price for it.
- Man convicted of killings at Jewish sites seeks new trial Updated: Sep-24-15 2:51 pm
OLATHE, Kansas - The Missouri man convicted of killing three people outside Jewish sites in Kansas is seeking a new trial.
- Chicago-area teen charged with hate crime in attack on Sikh Updated: Sep-15-15 5:42 pm
WHEATON, Illinois - A suburban Chicago teenager already charged with punching a Sikh man during what authorities describe as a road rage incident has been charged with a hate crime, prosecutors said Tuesday.
- Religious clerks in Kentucky follow law, but see conflict Updated: Sep-15-15 5:19 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Clerk Mike Johnston prays twice a day, once each morning and once each night, and asks the Lord to understand the decision he made to license same-sex marriage.
- Teen faces charges in attack on suburban Chicago Sikh man Updated: Sep-11-15 6:05 pm
DARIEN, Illinois - Authorities say a suburban Chicago teenager faces charges in an assault on a Sikh man that police are investigating as a possible hate crime.
- Pope to visit Kenya, Uganda and Central African Republic Updated: Sep-10-15 10:34 am
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis will make his first trip to Africa in November, visiting Kenya, Uganda and the Central African Republic in a pilgrimage that will bring him face to face with Islamic extremism and Christian-Muslim violence on the continent.
- Jury recommends death for man who killed 3 at Jewish sites Updated: Sep-08-15 6:04 pm
OLATHE, Kansas - A jury recommended the death penalty Tuesday for a white supremacist who fatally shot three people at Jewish sites in Kansas, less than two hours after he told jurors he didn't care what sentence was handed down.
- The Latest: Victims' families commend jury's death sentence Updated: Sep-08-15 4:53 pm
OLATHE, Kansas - The latest on a white supremacist convicted of capital murder for killing three people at two Jewish sites in the Kansas City area (all times local):