- Andy Murray gives Britain Davis Cup title after 79 years Updated: Nov-29-15 10:47 am
GHENT, Belgium - Andy Murray gave Britain its first Davis Cup title in 79 years when he beat Belgium's David Goffin 6-3, 7-5, 6-3 in the first of reverse singles Sunday.
- Friedrich leads German sweep in 4-man bobsled World Cup Updated: Nov-29-15 10:35 am
ALTENBERG, Germany - Francesco Friedrich led a German sweep of the podium in the opening four-man bobsled World Cup of the season on Sunday.
- Schwartzel wins Euro Tour's Alfred Dunhill Championship Updated: Nov-29-15 10:26 am
MALELANE, South Africa - Charl Schwartzel eased to a four-shot victory at the Alfred Dunhill Championship on Sunday to become the third South African behind Ernie Els and Retief Goosen to win 10 European Tour titles.
- Tottenham extends unbeaten run by holding Chelsea 0-0 Updated: Nov-29-15 10:09 am
LONDON - Rarely has a goalless stalemate satisfied Jose Mourinho so much.
- Saint-Etienne beats Guingamp 3-0 in French league Updated: Nov-29-15 10:06 am
PARIS - Saint-Etienne carried its European form into the French league with a 3-0 win over Guingamp on Sunday and moved level on points with third-place Lyon in the standings.
- Fischnaller wins luge WCup opener; Germany takes team relay Updated: Nov-29-15 9:44 am
IGLS, Austria - Italian luger Dominik Fischnaller won the season-opening World Cup race Sunday after first-run leader Felix Loch was disqualified for an equipment irregularity, while Germany dominated the team relay.
- Johnsrud Sundby, Johaug win cross-country pursuit races Updated: Nov-29-15 9:43 am
KUUSAMO, Finland - Norwegian duo Martin Johnsrud Sundby and Therese Johaug defended their leads to win pursuit races on Sunday to wrap up a three-day mini tour that opened the cross-country skiing World Cup.
- Brazilian striker Patric responds to racist tweet in Japan Updated: Nov-29-15 8:43 am
TOKYO - The Japanese league is investigating a racist tweet posted by a fan claiming to be a supporter of the Urawa Reds targeting Gamba Osaka's Brazilian striker Patric.
- San Antonio looks to spend $21 million to lure pro soccer Updated: Nov-29-15 8:25 am
SAN ANTONIO - Officials in San Antonio acknowledge their plan to spend $21 million to buy a soccer stadium comes with no guarantees they will lure a franchise from Major League Soccer.
- Getafe beats Villarreal 2-0 to move away from drop in Spain Updated: Nov-29-15 7:57 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Getafe forward Angel Lafita scored one goal and set up another to help his team beat Villarreal 2-0 in the Spanish league on Sunday.
- Tens of thousands overcome Delhi pollution in half marathon Updated: Nov-29-15 5:05 am
NEW DELHI - The tens of thousands of people who participated in Sunday's half marathon in India's capital had more than just running 21 kilometers (13 miles) through New Delhi's streets on a misty, chilly morning to deal with. They also had to overcome the city's unparalleled air pollution.
- Middle Tennessee wins Great Alaska title, 78-70 over Toledo Updated: Nov-29-15 3:31 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Reggie Upshaw had 18 points, Giddy Potts added 15 and Middle Tennessee held off Toledo 78-70 in the Great Alaska Shootout championship on Saturday night.
- Sun Devils blow 21-point lead in 48-46 loss to Golden Bears Updated: Nov-29-15 3:26 am
BERKELEY, California - Arizona State coach Todd Graham could see the trouble coming long before California kicker Matt Anderson ended the Sun Devils' hopes of keeping their late-season momentum going.
- James hits game-winner with 1 second left, Cavs edge Nets Updated: Nov-29-15 3:08 am
CLEVELAND - LeBron James has turned in countless clutch performances during his career.
- Goff rallies Bears to 48-46 comeback win over Sun Devils Updated: Nov-29-15 2:51 am
BERKELEY, California - For one of the few times in his coaching career, California's Sonny Dykes chose the conservative approach.
- Jones overcomes some anxious moments to win Australian Open Updated: Nov-29-15 2:35 am
SYDNEY - Matt Jones talked about the "stress and anxious moments" during his final round at the Australian Open on Sunday.
- Gaborik's 2 goals rally Kings to 3-2 OT win over Blackhawks Updated: Nov-29-15 2:16 am
- Warriors run NBA-record start to 18-0, beat Kings 120-101 Updated: Nov-29-15 2:16 am
OAKLAND, California - Stephen Curry scored 19 points in Golden State's NBA-record 18th straight win at the start of a season, but what he didn't do against the Sacramento Kings was just as important to the defending champion Warriors.
- Blackhawks' Kane gets point in record 19th straight game Updated: Nov-29-15 2:02 am
LOS ANGELES - Chicago Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane scored in his 19th consecutive game Saturday night to set a new NHL record for the longest points streak by a U.S.-born player.
- Boedker gets another hat trick against Ottawa in 4-3 win Updated: Nov-29-15 1:54 am
GLENDALE, Arizona - Unfortunately for Mikkel Boedker, he won't see the Ottawa Senators again this season.
- Landeskog, Duchene lead Avalanche to 5-3 win over Jets Updated: Nov-29-15 1:53 am
DENVER - Matt Duchene's slow start is becoming a distant memory.
- Rod Pampling shoots course-record 61 at Australian Open Updated: Nov-29-15 1:46 am
SYDNEY - Australian veteran Rod Pampling shot the round of his career to break Jordan Spieth's course record at The Australian Golf Club with a 10-under 61 on the final day of the Australian Open on Sunday.
- Blazers hand Lakers 5th straight loss with 108-96 win Updated: Nov-29-15 1:45 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Damian Lillard says part of his job is recognizing when a teammate is hot. CJ McCollum certainly was against the Lakers.
- Ward, Marleau help lead Sharks past Flames 5-2 Updated: Nov-29-15 1:44 am
SAN JOSE, California - The San Jose Sharks needed to start winning at home and they needed help from their special teams. They got both.
- Pioneering Aussie footballer Joe Marston dies at 89 Updated: Nov-29-15 1:23 am
SYDNEY - Joe Marston, who was the first Australian to play in an FA Cup final, has died at the age of 89, Football Federation Australia said.