- Twitter stock tumbles as user growth stalls Updated: Jul-29-15 3:11 pm
NEW YORK - Tepid user growth and ongoing uncertainty about its leadership dragged Twitter's stock to its lowest level in over a year Wednesday, even though the short-messaging service reported sharply quarterly higher revenue.
- Brady vows to fight on; Kraft says he regrets not doing so Updated: Jul-29-15 12:39 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady vowed on Wednesday to fight his four-game "Deflategate" suspension, and team owner Robert Kraft opened training camp by saying he continues to "believe and unequivocally support" the three-time Super Bowl MVP.
- VA doctor regrets post telling gun advocate to 'off' himself Updated: Jul-28-15 6:41 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A Department of Veterans Affairs psychiatrist said Tuesday he regrets a Facebook post suggesting that a gun-rights supporter "off" himself.
- Twitter 2Q revenue grows sharply but user growth stays slow Updated: Jul-28-15 6:34 pm
NEW YORK - Twitter failed to add users at a quick enough pace for investors in the second quarter even as revenue grew sharply, feeding concerns about whether it can ever become a mass-market service like Facebook or Google.
- Senator objects to anti-terrorism rules for online sites Updated: Jul-28-15 3:08 pm
WASHINGTON - Sen. Ron Wyden, an Oregon Democrat and skeptic of broad government surveillance, objected Tuesday to a bill that would have required social media and online sites like Google, Yahoo, Twitter and Facebook to alert federal authorities of any terrorist activity.
- Bobby Brown 'completely numb' after death of daughter Updated: Jul-28-15 12:45 am
ATLANTA - R&B singer Bobby Brown said Monday that his daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown, was "an angel" and that the family must find a way to honor her memory.
- Hulk Hogan takes to Twitter after WWE cuts ties Updated: Jul-27-15 6:33 pm
NEW YORK - Hulk Hogan is taking to Twitter in the aftermath of World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. cutting ties with him amid a report that the wrestling star used racial slurs in a conversation captured on a sex tape.
- GOP official juxtaposes images of KKK, Hillary Clinton Updated: Jul-27-15 6:04 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The chairman of the North Carolina Republican party has posted Twitter photos juxtaposing images of Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton and the Ku Klux Klan.
- Fired Iowa editor reaches settlement with former employer Updated: Jul-27-15 5:23 pm
NEWTON, Iowa - A former Iowa newspaper editor who said he was fired for expressing his religious beliefs on a personal blog has reached a settlement over a discrimination complaint.
- Bobbi Kristina Brown, daughter of Whitney Houston, has died Updated: Jul-27-15 1:06 am
DULUTH, Georgia - The brief, chaotic life of Bobbi Kristina Brown was never really her own.
- VidCon a chance for fans to see online video stars in person Updated: Jul-25-15 6:04 pm
ANAHEIM, California - A swarm of spontaneous selfie sessions has commenced in the lobby of the Anaheim Convention Center as hundreds of fans have gathered for impromptu interaction with folks they watch online. There are no personal bodyguards or VIP areas. It's simply a sea of human energy.
- Shelton, Lambert tweet playfully after announcing divorce Updated: Jul-24-15 8:59 pm
LOS ANGELES - Just because Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert are getting divorced doesn't mean they can't have some fun on social media.
- Chris Brown leaves Philippines after ordeal over legal issue Updated: Jul-24-15 8:58 pm
MANILA, Philippines - Chris Brown finally left the Philippines and performed at a night club in Macau, but not without last-minute complications at the end of a three-day ordeal.
- Rocker Vince Neil drops lawsuit over social media passwords Updated: Jul-24-15 5:53 pm
LAS VEGAS - Motley Crue frontman Vince Neil got back his social media passwords after suing a consultant he hired to manage the accounts and accusing her of posting online without his consent, a lawyer for the rocker said Friday.
- Health system wants opposing attorneys muzzled online Updated: Jul-24-15 4:19 am
PASCAGOULA, Mississippi - Attorneys for the Singing River Health System has asked a judge to stop the opposing attorneys from using social media to make certain statements about the case involving the health system's failing pension plan.
- YouTube creators looking elsewhere for money Updated: Jul-23-15 8:07 pm
ANAHEIM, California - When 29-year-old YouTube star Meghan Tonjes launched a podcast with crowd-funding site Patreon a year ago, it was one of dozens of things the singer-songwriter was doing to grind out a living online. Today, it's paying her rent.
- Comcast adds Internet customers; box office pumps up revenue Updated: Jul-23-15 4:03 pm
NEW YORK - Despite a slowdown in subscriber growth, the Internet is still propelling Comcast.
- Swift apologizes to Minaj about tweet over VMA nominations Updated: Jul-23-15 1:10 pm
NEW YORK - Taylor Swift has apologized to Nicki Minaj for calling her out on Twitter regarding her MTV Video Music Awards nominations.
- Half-naked 'Spartans' attract attention of Beijing police Updated: Jul-23-15 7:23 am
BEIJING - A salad store paraded dozens of half-naked Western men dressed as Spartans through China's capital as a publicity stunt, causing a stir and drawing a crackdown by police who were photographed restraining some of them on the ground.
- China returns passport to Ai Weiwei, who plans London trip Updated: Jul-22-15 11:25 pm
BEIJING - Artist and government critic Ai Weiwei has gotten his passport back four years after it was confiscated by Chinese authorities and plans to visit Germany for a medical checkup and to see his young son.
- Michigan boy goes to White House for anti-bullying video Updated: Jul-22-15 6:44 pm
HARTFORD, Michigan - A southwestern Michigan boy's online video in which he stood up to cyberbullies has earned him messages from prominent figures, appearances on news stations and now a private tour of the White House.
- Prosecutors: Suspects targeted Italian base with US presence Updated: Jul-22-15 9:38 am
MILAN - Two terror suspects arrested Wednesday who claimed allegiance to the Islamic State group had among their targets an Italian military base near the northern city of Brescia that has a U.S. military presence, prosecutors said.
- Turkey briefly blocks access to Twitter over bombing images Updated: Jul-22-15 9:38 am
ISTANBUL - Turkey briefly blocked access to Twitter on Wednesday to prevent images of Monday's deadly bombing from being broadcast and to stop Twitter users from calling for protests against the government, which they blamed for not doing enough to prevent the attack, the state-run Anadolu Agency reported.
- AP News Guide to case of woman found hanged in Texas jail Updated: Jul-21-15 9:22 pm
HEMPSTEAD, Texas - Dashboard video from a trooper's patrol car shows the traffic stop that led to the arrest of Sandra Bland, a Chicago-area woman found dead in a Texas jail last week.
- Facebook loses in clash with prosecutors over users' data Updated: Jul-21-15 7:47 pm
NEW YORK - Facebook can't block nearly 400 search warrants seeking users' postings for a criminal fraud investigation, an appeals court said Tuesday, but the judges said they understand the social networking site's unease about prosecutors' extensive request.