- NFL acknowledges game clock error in Steelers-Chargers game Updated: Oct-13-15 5:33 pm
For the second week in a row, the NFL acknowledged an officiating error in a nationally televised game.
- Twitter CEO Dorsey: Tech's latest would-be comeback kid Updated: Oct-13-15 5:15 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Twitter boss Jack Dorsey, the newly anointed savior of the quirky but troubled microblogging service, is the latest in a long line of tech company founders who've been called back to revive their wayward startups. After co-founding Twitter in 2006 and serving a previous two-year stint as CEO, Dorsey returned to the top job last week. His first moves: slashing staff and touting new features intended to draw in more users.
- Police offer marijuana grower counseling in Facebook post Updated: Oct-13-15 4:07 pm
DANBURY, New Hampshire - A New Hampshire police department that recently pulled up some marijuana plants has offered the pot grower counseling in a Facebook post.
- 'I'm drunk,' driver says on social media before arrest Updated: Oct-13-15 3:02 pm
LAKELAND, Florida - "I'm drunk," a Florida driver repeatedly tells followers on the social media app Periscope, staring at her cellphone's camera, mounted on the dashboard, before she is arrested and charged with driving under the influence.
- Twitter purging up to 336 workers as new CEO slashes costs Updated: Oct-13-15 1:02 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Twitter is laying off up to 336 employees, signaling CEO Jack Dorsey's resolve to slash costs while the company struggles to make money.
- Germany's top-selling daily combats ad blockers Updated: Oct-13-15 9:51 am
BERLIN - Germany's biggest-selling daily is giving online readers who use ad-blocking software a choice: turn it off, or you can't read any content unless you pay a subscription.
- Twitter suspends accounts after NFL complaints Updated: Oct-12-15 11:50 pm
NEW YORK - Twitter accounts for websites Deadspin and SB Nation were suspended by the social media platform Monday night after the NFL filed notices related to their use of copyrighted video highlights.
- University of Wyoming offers podcast Updated: Oct-11-15 3:41 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - The University of Wyoming continues to expand the ways people can stay informed about the state's only public, four-year university.
- Video flashback: Lynx find old Moore buzzer beater online Updated: Oct-10-15 4:48 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Maya Moore and her Minnesota Lynx teammates started practice Saturday by watching video of her game-winning shot.
- Danes OK with zoo's plan to publicly dissect year-old lion Updated: Oct-10-15 2:21 pm
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - A Danish zoo is planning to publicly dissect a year-old lion that it has killed to avoid inbreeding - a year after another Danish zoo triggered massive online protests for killing a healthy young giraffe, dissecting it and feeding it to lions in front of children.
- Maine universities, community colleges have security plans Updated: Oct-10-15 1:40 pm
ORONO, Maine - Maine's universities and community colleges all have plans to deal with "active shooter" scenarios, and training ranges from drills to online videos students are encouraged to watch, officials said.
- Judge: Inglewood must pay for failed lawsuit against critic Updated: Oct-09-15 12:06 pm
INGLEWOOD, California - Inglewood must pay the legal fees of a resident unsuccessfully sued by the city for using snippets of City Council meetings in YouTube videos that were critical of elected officials.
- Facebook video leads to animal cruelty charges against man Updated: Oct-09-15 7:15 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A Sioux Falls man is charged with animal cruelty after the Humane Society alerted police to a Facebook post allegedly showing him slamming and strangling two dogs.
- Beyond 'Like:' 6 ways you might soon emote on Facebook Updated: Oct-08-15 11:01 pm
NEW YORK - Sometimes "Like" just doesn't cut it. So how about Love or Angry? Haha or Sad? Or just Yay or Wow?
- The Latest: Hayatou says Platini can be credible candidate Updated: Oct-08-15 2:13 pm
ZURICH - The Latest from the FIFA investigation (all time local):
- South Dakota historical newspapers now available online Updated: Oct-08-15 6:05 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - Several South Dakota newspapers pre-dating 1922 are now available on a national online database.
- Journalist guilty of helping hack Los Angeles Times' website Updated: Oct-07-15 7:49 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - A well-known social media journalist was found guilty Wednesday of conspiring with the hacking group Anonymous to break into the Los Angeles Times' website and alter a story.
- Google is latest tech giant to claim space in mobile news Updated: Oct-07-15 2:31 pm
NEW YORK - Technology giants including Apple, Facebook, Snapchat and now Google want to take charge of how we get and see news on our phones.
- Led by Seinfeld show, Sony's Crackle carving online niche Updated: Oct-07-15 2:12 pm
LOS ANGELES - Sometimes what worked in the old days of TV can work online. A celebrity star. A funny show brought to you by a major sponsor. The ability to seep into the nation's collective cultural consciousness.
- Tom Hanks locates student's ID card, sends tweet to find her Updated: Oct-07-15 1:03 pm
NEW YORK - Tom Hank's tweet worked! A student named Lauren who lost her Fordham University ID card has been found.
- State College police probe assault posted on Twitter Updated: Oct-07-15 9:19 am
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - State College police are investigating a gay man's claims - posted on Twitter - that he was assaulted. But police also say the man's claim that he was attacked by a "frat guy" isn't true.
- Saudi billionaire prince doubles ownership of Twitter stock Updated: Oct-07-15 7:58 am
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin Talal and his investment company have doubled their ownership of Twitter's publicly traded shares in the past six weeks.
- Kremlin sets out to extend control over the Russian Internet Updated: Oct-07-15 6:56 am
MOSCOW - Galina Timchenko recalls how proud she felt when the Russian news website she edited reached 3 million users per day. When she reported the figures to the website's owner, he was horrified.
- Jackson County man accused of abusing teen he met online Updated: Oct-07-15 6:15 am
MEDFORD, Oregon - Authorities have arrested a Jackson County man accused of sexually abusing a teenage girl he met on Facebook.
- Police battle return of Internet cafes in western Colorado Updated: Oct-06-15 7:14 pm
GRAND JUNCTION, Colorado - Authorities say new Internet gaming cafes have been popping up in western Colorado, trying to skirt a new law that cracks down on illegal gambling.