- Brazil attorney general seeks probes of ex-president Silva Updated: May-03-16 6:57 pm
SAO PAULO - Brazil's Supreme Court said Tuesday that the attorney general has asked it to authorize investigations of former President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva over alleged involvement in corruption at state oil company Petrobras.
- Judy Blume talks Tumblr, possible new book Updated: May-03-16 5:56 pm
NEW YORK - Judy Blume has many projects on her mind.
- Cink to step away from golf as wife battles breast cancer Updated: May-03-16 5:36 pm
DULUTH, Georgia - Former British Open champion Stewart Cink says he is taking a break from golf after learning his wife has breast cancer.
- Target faces backlash on stance on transgender bathrooms Updated: May-03-16 4:57 pm
NEW YORK - Consumer backlash is growing against Target's stance on what type of bathrooms its transgender customers and employees can use.
- Lawmakers tackle regulations for short-term rentals, Airbnb Updated: May-03-16 4:51 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Portsmouth artist Haidee Merritt is entering her third season of renting out a room in her downtown home for short stays to regular city visitors and far flung tourists, a service she says provides a social and financial benefit to herself and the city.
- ACLU suit: Man wrongly arrested, jailed for recording police Updated: May-03-16 2:49 pm
PITTSBURGH - A Pennsylvania man was wrongly arrested, given a rough ride in a police car and jailed for hours after posting a Facebook video he recorded when a police officer responded to a parking dispute at his home, according to a federal lawsuit filed Tuesday.
- Radiohead releases 'Burn The Witch' ahead of world tour Updated: May-03-16 1:25 pm
Radiohead has put out a new song ahead of a world tour that opens later this month.
- Nepal to expel Canadian man over critical tweets Updated: May-03-16 9:33 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Nepal has ordered a Canadian man to leave the country within two days for posting messages on social media that could disturb social harmony, officials said Tuesday.
- Gang rape, murder of Indonesian girl sparks call for reform Updated: May-03-16 8:30 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - The rape and murder of a teenage girl by 14 men has reignited calls in Indonesia for a sexual violence law that is languishing in Parliament to be enacted.
- Weather Service to re-enact deadly 1991 tornado outbreak Updated: May-02-16 7:50 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - National Weather Service branches in Wichita and Tulsa, Oklahoma, are re-enacting a deadly 1991 tornado outbreak on social media a week after the threat of nasty weather forced them to postpone a similar exercise.
- Judge: Former mayor's Facebook page considered public record Updated: May-02-16 4:16 pm
ALAMOGORDO, New Mexico - The City of Alamogordo and its former mayor violated state public records law when they denied a citizen's request to inspect a Facebook page, according to a ruling by a New Mexico judge.
- LinkedIn stops calling Bend "in Eugene" after complaints Updated: May-02-16 12:46 pm
BEND, Oregon - Professionals in Bend no longer have to worry about doppelgangers in Eugene as the social networking website LinkedIn has fixed a glitch that classified Bend as "in the Eugene, Oregon Area."
- No-selfie zone: Not OK in voting booth, West Virginia says Updated: May-02-16 9:00 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - If you want to share your voting experience on social media, you'll have to find some way other than taking a photo in the voting booth. West Virginia Secretary of State Natalie E. Tennant says it's forbidden.
- Trump has a 'plan B' for convention - outside help Updated: May-02-16 3:46 am
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump has a Plan B if he's faced with a contested convention, and it involves the sort of outside groups that he's called "corrupt."
- Papers at Little Rock, Hot Springs, Benton take top honors Updated: Apr-30-16 2:30 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Newspapers from Little Rock, Hot Springs and Benton have won top honors in the Arkansas Associated Press Managing Editors Association journalism contest for work done in 2015.
- The Latest: 3rd round a graduation party for Bengals' Dunlap Updated: Apr-29-16 11:25 pm
CHICAGO - The Latest on the second day of the NFL draft (all times Eastern):
- Ole Miss to investigate Tunsil's comments on receiving cash Updated: Apr-29-16 6:27 pm
Laremy Tunsil said enough about Mississippi at the NFL draft for the university to launch an investigation into his time at the school. Now, the former Rebel offensive lineman only wants to talk about his new team, the Miami Dolphins.
- Ohio schools close over misinterpretation of video threat Updated: Apr-29-16 6:00 pm
ATHENS, Ohio - Six Ohio school districts closed on Friday while authorities investigated what turned out to be a misinterpretation of an anonymous video threatening the safety of "American students."
- The Latest: Video threatening US students posted from Europe Updated: Apr-29-16 4:40 pm
ATHENS, Ohio - The Latest on a video threat connected to Ohio University (all times local):
- Report: Small blaze hits Paris building; no injuries Updated: Apr-29-16 11:44 am
PARIS - French radio says a small blaze broke out in a building under renovation near a major Paris train station.
- Hacked: After bizarre video Tunsil's NFL draft stock drops Updated: Apr-29-16 7:46 am
Laremy Tunsil tumbled down the NFL draft board Thursday night after a bizarre video of him was posted on his Twitter account minutes before the start of the proceedings, potentially costing the offensive lineman millions of dollars.
- Man charged with stealing $23,000 from woman on social media Updated: Apr-28-16 8:19 pm
NEW CARROLLTON, Maryland - Maryland State Police have arrested a man they say fraudulently obtained $23,000 from a woman he contacted on social media.
- Mom convicted of creating public nuisance for Facebook post Updated: Apr-28-16 5:02 pm
ROSWELL, New Mexico - A New Mexico woman has been convicted of creating a public nuisance by posting an online comment about the possibility of a shooting at her son's middle school.
- Comcast buying DreamWorks Animation for about $3.55B Updated: Apr-28-16 3:44 pm
NEW YORK - Comcast is buying DreamWorks Animation, the film company behind the "Shrek," ''Madagascar" and "Kung Fu Panda" franchises, for approximately $3.55 billion, strengthening its presence in the important and growing business of children's entertainment.
- Instagram videos lead to arrest in reckless driving case Updated: Apr-28-16 1:57 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Connecticut State Police say a man's own Instagram videos led to his arrest in a reckless driving investigation.