- Hobbs man pleads guilty to fraud, money laundering Updated: Nov-26-15 5:05 am
HOBBS, New Mexico - A Hobbs man could face up to 18 years in prison for running a Ponzi scheme.
- 5 charged in $580M Southern California kickback scheme Updated: Nov-24-15 7:25 pm
LOS ANGELES - Five people, including a former hospital executive and two surgeons, are charged with a massive kickback scheme that resulted in billing $580 million to the government and insurance companies, authorities announced Tuesday.
- New York businessman charged with fraud, money laundering Updated: Nov-23-15 3:31 am
BUFFALO, New York - A western New York businessman is accused of trying to cheat the IRS using shell companies and multiple bank and trust accounts.
- Feds indict 8 for trafficking marijuana in New Mexico Updated: Nov-21-15 12:07 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Federal prosecutors have indicted eight people, including a husband and wife who operate an Albuquerque restaurant, for allegedly trafficking marijuana and laundering the proceeds through their businesses since 2008.
- China breaks up $64 billion underground banking network Updated: Nov-20-15 5:00 am
SHANGHAI - Authorities in China have cracked the country's biggest-ever underground banking network, which handled illegal foreign exchange transactions worth 410 billion yuan ($64 billion), police said Friday.
- AG's Office: Search warrants served in Pima, Pinal counties Updated: Nov-19-15 7:31 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Authorities have served suspects with indictments after executing seven search warrants in Pima and Pinal counties in connection with a money laundering and drug trafficking investigation.
- British police arrest man in 1984 killing of policewoman Updated: Nov-19-15 8:03 am
LONDON - British police on Thursday announced "the first significant arrest" in the 1984 killing of London policewoman Yvonne Fletcher, shot dead from inside the Libyan embassy in an incident that solidified Libya's reputation as a rogue state.
- FBI agent in Chinatown probe to spend another day on stand Updated: Nov-19-15 12:19 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Jurors in the murder and racketeering trial of a key defendant in a San Francisco Chinatown crime probe are set to hear another day of testimony from one of the prosecution's main witnesses - an FBI agent who posed as an East Coast mobster interested in laundering proceeds from illegal sports betting and marijuana cultivation.
- The Latest: FBI agent: Defendant said he approved of crime Updated: Nov-18-15 3:40 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The latest from the trial of a man facing murder and racketeering charges in an organized crime case in San Francisco's Chinatown (all times are local):
- Romania's outgoing PM appears at court for corruption trial Updated: Nov-06-15 2:34 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - Romania's outgoing prime minister has appeared at the high court where he's on trial for tax evasion, money-laundering, conflict of interest and making false statements.
- Thousands of crocodiles go hungry at Honduras farm Updated: Nov-04-15 4:28 pm
SAN MANUEL CORTES, Honduras - A U.S. investigation into alleged money laundering for drug traffickers by one of Honduras' most powerful families has resulted in some unusual victims: thousands of hungry crocodiles.
- Former IAAF head investigated in Russia doping probe Updated: Nov-04-15 12:54 pm
PARIS - In another blow to the credibility of a major sports federation, former IAAF President Lamine Diack has been placed under criminal investigation on suspicion of taking more than $1 million in bribes from Russia to cover up positive doping tests.
- ABN Amro fined for lax money laundering measures in Dubai Updated: Nov-04-15 4:44 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Dutch bank ABN Amro has been fined more than 1 million euros for "serious shortcomings" in procedures to prevent money laundering at its private banking branch in Dubai.
- Guilty plea in Missouri synthetic marijuana case Updated: Oct-29-15 8:11 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The owner of central Missouri stores where synthetic marijuana was sold has pleaded guilty to money laundering.
- Romanian lawmakers OK prosecution of ex-tourism minister Updated: Oct-28-15 3:55 pm
BUCHAREST, Romania - The Romanian Parliament on Wednesday approved a request by prosecutors to detain and prosecute a former tourism minister who is being investigated on suspicion of bribery and money laundering.
- Texas lawyer gets 15 years for conning clients, faked bribes Updated: Oct-28-15 8:14 am
HOUSTON - A Houston defense attorney must serve 15 years in prison for conning clients and offering to bribe federal agents to get criminal cases dismissed.
- US money-laundering probe forces Honduran paper to close Updated: Oct-27-15 4:55 pm
TEGUCIGALPA, Honduras - The Honduran newspaper Tiempo says it is temporarily closing after the government seized businesses belonging to the paper's owners, who are accused in the United States of money laundering.