- The Latest: Governor awaiting next move in auditor case Updated: Apr-26-16 7:41 pm
TACOMA, Washington - The Latest on the federal fraud trial of Washington State Auditor Troy Kelley (all times local):
- India revokes passport of tycoon who owes $1 billion Updated: Apr-24-16 5:12 am
NEW DELHI - India on Sunday revoked the passport of a flamboyant Indian businessman accused of fleeing to London in March while owing more than a billion dollars to Indian banks.
- Uruguay: Former FIFA official ordered to house arrest Updated: Apr-21-16 8:14 pm
MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay - A former top FIFA official caught up in a U.S. investigation of corruption in international soccer has won an appeal and been ordered to be detained in house arrest in his native Uruguay.
- Venezuela prosecutors arrest 2 named in 'Panama Papers' leak Updated: Apr-21-16 6:54 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuelan prosecutors have charged two relatives of a former presidential security guard whose name appeared in documents about offshore investments leaked from a Panama law firm.
- Palm Beach school board member charged with money laundering Updated: Apr-21-16 3:59 pm
WEST PALM BEACH, Florida - A Palm Beach County school board member is being charged with money laundering as part of a federal investigation unrelated to his elected office.
- Ex-casino official, patron plead not guilty to fraud charges Updated: Apr-20-16 5:59 pm
WILKES-BARRE, Pennsylvania - A former northeastern Pennsylvania casino official and a patron accused of defrauding the casino out of more than $400,000 have pleaded not guilty to federal fraud, theft and money laundering charges.
- Ex-Romanian president probed over suspected money laundering Updated: Apr-20-16 9:50 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - Romania's former president says he is being investigated on suspicion of money laundering related to a real estate deal reached when he was mayor of Bucharest.
- Ex-insurance agent in East Texas gets 3 years for fraud Updated: Apr-20-16 7:24 am
TYLER, Texas - A former insurance agent in East Texas must serve three years in prison for running a $5 million medical investment scam.
- Dutch police crack encrypted communications network Updated: Apr-19-16 1:04 pm
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Dutch police and prosecutors took down an encrypted communications network Tuesday believed to have been used by criminals in the Netherlands and possibly overseas.
- Convenience store owner admits $1.1M food stamp fraud Updated: Apr-19-16 9:59 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Providence convenience store owner has pleaded guilty to $1.1 million in food stamp fraud.
- China extending anti-graft measures to officials' families Updated: Apr-18-16 11:56 pm
BEIJING - Seeking to further reduce opportunities for corruption, China will include additional cities and regions in a pilot program begun in the financial hub of Shanghai that restricts the business dealings of officials' spouses and children, the government said Tuesday.
- Former chiropractor accused of role in medical fraud ring Updated: Apr-16-16 12:27 pm
MORRISTOWN, New Jersey - State authorities say a New Jersey chiropractor whose license was revoked more than a decade ago played a role in a medical fraud ring that allegedly stole nearly $4 million from insurance companies.
- Denver area pot raid suspects face tax, drug charges Updated: Apr-15-16 2:47 pm
DENVER - Some of the more than 40 people arrested during raids on suspected illegal marijuana grows in the Denver area face charges including racketeering, money laundering and tax evasion as well as drug counts.
- Flophouse operator accused in $2M Medicaid kickback scheme Updated: Apr-14-16 5:27 am
NEW YORK - An operator of transitional housing catering to addicts is accused of running a $2 million Medicaid kickback scheme by requiring residents to attend support groups at substance abuse providers.
- Oklahoma ex-dentist admits to money laundering in plea deal Updated: Apr-13-16 7:07 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A former Oklahoma oral surgeon whose filthy clinics led to thousands of patients being tested for HIV and hepatitis pleaded guilty to money laundering Wednesday tied to allegations that he deposited at least $15,000 of fraudulent Medicaid billings into a personal account.
- Woman admits to cheating elderly clients out of millions Updated: Apr-13-16 3:35 am
MAYS LANDING, New Jersey - The owner of an in-home senior care company has pleaded guilty to a money laundering scheme that bilked a dozen elderly clients out of more than $2.7 million.
- FIFA: Gordon flunked integrity check for CONCACAF president Updated: Apr-12-16 8:15 pm
FIFA says Gordon Derrick, the general secretary of the Antigua and Barbuda Football Association, has failed an integrity check and won't be allowed to run for president of CONCACAF, the sport's regional governing body for North and Central America and the Caribbean.
- Corruption probes close in on Argentina's Fernandez Updated: Apr-12-16 3:10 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Corruption allegations always swirled around former President Cristina Fernandez during her two terms in office, but they never stuck.
- Spain court releases 2 China bank executives with conditions Updated: Apr-12-16 9:53 am
MADRID - A Spanish court has ordered the conditional release of two executives of China's state-owned ICBC bank in Madrid that were among six arrested in February in a money laundering and tax fraud probe.
- Swiss expand probe of suspected Malaysia fund embezzlement Updated: Apr-12-16 8:08 am
GENEVA - The Swiss attorney general's office says it has expanded a probe into suspected embezzlement of a Malaysian state investment fund to investigate two former Emirati officials.
- Georgia inmate pleads guilty in money laundering scheme Updated: Apr-11-16 7:31 pm
ATLANTA - Federal prosecutors say a Georgia prison inmate has pleaded guilty in a million dollar money laundering scheme he orchestrated while he was behind bars.
- The Latest: Ex-prisons chief co-defendant to withdraw plea Updated: Apr-11-16 12:07 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Latest on a court hearing about a prison contract bribery (all times local):
- Spanish police arrest ex-top banker for money laundering Updated: Apr-11-16 5:58 am
MADRID - Spanish police have arrested former top banker Mario Conde, who has already served time for embezzlement.
- Major anti-money laundering conference set in South Florida Updated: Apr-11-16 3:05 am
HOLLYWOOD, Florida - A major conference on combatting global money laundering is drawing bankers, government regulators, law enforcement officials and hundreds of others to South Florida.
- The Latest: New Zealand reviews its foreign trust rules Updated: Apr-10-16 11:46 pm
LONDON - The Latest on the publication by a coalition of media outlets of an investigation into offshore financial dealings by the rich and famous (all times local):