- Thousands truckin' to Chicago for final Grateful Dead shows Updated: Jul-03-15 10:23 am
CHICAGO - The Grateful Dead is closing the lid on its storied half-century of concerts this weekend in Chicago, where a museum has captured the band's prankster heart by displaying its artifacts, skeletons-and-roses iconography included, in the shadow of a world-famous dinosaur.
- Audit criticizes Iowa agencies over IT contracts, spending Updated: Jul-01-15 6:03 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Three Iowa executive branch agencies had missteps on major information technology projects that featured questionable dealings with contractors, state auditors reported Wednesday.
- Nebraska medical center to get funding for Ebola training Updated: Jul-01-15 5:28 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - An academic medical center in Nebraska has been designated as a national facility for Ebola training.
- Maine agency to probe blackmail claims against LePage Updated: Jul-01-15 4:28 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine's watchdog agency will look into allegations that Republican Gov. Paul LePage threated to use public funds to punish a political opponent.
- Trade schools have to find grads jobs, or lose financial aid Updated: Jul-01-15 10:45 am
WASHINGTON - Exotic dancers hired as admissions counselors. Recruiters told to seek out "impatient" individuals who have "few people in their lives who care about them." Military personnel still recovering from brain damage told to sign on the dotted line.
- Jackson police to get help on hate crime investigations Updated: Jul-01-15 8:45 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - The city of Jackson will provide training to help law enforcement officers accurately report and document hate crimes.
- New taxes, K-12 funding expansion on horizon Updated: Jun-30-15 7:08 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - After a tumultuous and rollicking Nevada legislative session, nearly half of the 549 bills signed by Gov. Brian Sandoval will take effect on Wednesday.
- Rauner personnel agency says full payroll could be met Updated: Jun-30-15 3:17 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A letter obtained by The Associated Press shows that Republican Gov. Bruce Rauner's personnel agency has concluded that he should continue paying state employees full wages during a budget impasse.
- Fox News launching real estate program Updated: Jun-30-15 2:16 pm
NEW YORK - Watch out, HGTV. Fox News Channel is getting into the real estate television business.
- Houses sold in Rhode Island rises 6 percent for May Updated: Jun-30-15 12:44 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The number of houses sold in Rhode Island rose 6 percent in May, while the median sales price of $227,500 represents a 9 percent increase from a year ago.
- A cup of coffee with cream and opportunity Updated: Jun-30-15 11:59 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A cup of coffee made all the difference to Kristin Mulka.
- South Dakota receiving funding for unemployment services Updated: Jun-30-15 6:25 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - South Dakota is receiving more than $260,000 from the federal government to provide re-employment and eligibility assessments for those who receive unemployment benefits.
- Firm gives $10 million to new U of Illinois med school Updated: Jun-30-15 4:09 am
URBANA, Illinois - A Chicago-based financial firm is giving the University of Illinois $10 million to pay for a training center at the school's planned new medical school.
- W.Va. prison dog-training program wins $25K grant Updated: Jun-30-15 3:13 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A program that enlists prison inmates to train dogs in need of rehabilitation has won a $25,000 in a Facebook contest.
- SCI-Greene inmates forge bond training service dogs Updated: Jun-29-15 11:25 am
WAYNESBURG, Pennsylvania - The 15 inmates chosen to train Labrador retriever service dogs at the state prison in Greene didn't get much sleep the first night that five puppies spent in their block in March 2014.
- Boston Bar Foundation awards $950k for legal help to poor Updated: Jun-28-15 6:47 pm
BOSTON - The Boston Bar Foundation has awarded $950,000 in grants to 23 community organizations that work to provide legal services to low-income people.
- Thousands missing from Clackamas property management firm Updated: Jun-28-15 4:43 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - State authorities have ousted the owner of a large Clackamas property management firm and are hunting for thousands of dollars in missing rents and deposits.
- VA aims to help homeless, at-risk veterans find stable jobs Updated: Jun-28-15 11:02 am
CINCINNATI - David Bowles is excitedly making plans to move from a homeless shelter to an apartment of his own in a few weeks, thanks to a new Department of Veterans Affairs program helping homeless veterans find long-term employment.
- Real estate firm completes sale of Rhode Island Mall Updated: Jun-26-15 3:50 pm
WARWICK, Rhode Island - A Baltimore-based real estate firm has closed on its purchase of the Rhode Island Mall in Warwick.
- Business events scheduled for the coming month Updated: Jun-26-15 6:29 am
All times are Eastern
- Coast Guard Training Center Yorktown has command change Updated: Jun-26-15 4:43 am
YORKTOWN, Virginia - Coast Guard Training Center Yorktown has undergone a change of command.
- Service workers go on strike at federal center in Artesia Updated: Jun-25-15 10:52 pm
ARTESIA, New Mexico - Service workers at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in southeastern New Mexico went on strike Thursday after their labor union and a contractor couldn't reach a deal on a collective bargaining agreement.
- Suspect in explosion near NAACP office reaches plea deal Updated: Jun-24-15 9:02 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - A man accused of setting off a small explosion near the NAACP office in Colorado Springs has reached a plea agreement.
- New Mexico AG eyes audit of foreclosure prevention nonprofit Updated: Jun-23-15 9:11 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The New Mexico Attorney General's office says a nonprofit that helps people facing foreclosure is blocking efforts to see how it's spending public money.
- Ex-Phoenix-area realtor gets prison in mortgage fraud scheme Updated: Jun-23-15 6:30 pm
PHOENIX - A former Phoenix-area real estate agent has been sentenced to five years in federal prison in connection with a mortgage fraud scheme.