- California rushes to allow HIV-infected organ transplant Updated: May-27-16 12:49 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California lawmakers are rushing to approve legislation Friday that would allow a man with HIV to receive part of his HIV-positive husband's liver before the surgery becomes too dangerous, possibly within weeks.
- Cal volleyball's Savannah Rennie receives liver transplant Updated: May-18-16 8:11 pm
BERKELEY, California - California volleyball player Savannah Rennie received a liver transplant that she hopes will have her back on the court next season.
- Penis operation highlights past, future of organ transplants Updated: May-17-16 12:14 am
CHICAGO - Add one remarkable case to the 30,000-plus organ transplants expected to be performed nationwide this year: A cancer patient who received a donor penis.
- 1st US penis transplant could bring hope to maimed soldiers Updated: May-16-16 8:04 pm
BOSTON - A 64-year-old cancer patient has received the nation's first penis transplant, a groundbreaking operation that may also help accident victims and some of the many U.S. veterans maimed by roadside bombs.
- Local patients given gift of sight after corneal transplants Updated: May-15-16 10:53 am
MARTINSBURG, West Virginia - Being able to see the world with new eyes has become a reality for three local people thanks to recently receiving corneal transplants from a specialist in Berkeley County.
- Grateful organ recipient strives 'to be worthy of that gift' Updated: May-07-16 11:03 am
DENVER - Before the grueling radiation and chemo that was the prelude to a liver transplant, before the tragic crash that produced a viable donor, before the 5½ hours of surgery that gave him a future, Wes Cook got ready to die.
- Chimp victim hospitalized with face-transplant complications Updated: May-04-16 4:58 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The Connecticut woman who underwent a face transplant five years ago after being attacked by a chimpanzee is back in a Boston hospital after doctors discovered her body is rejecting tissue from the transplant.
- The Latest: Doctors say face transplant not in jeopardy. Updated: May-04-16 3:27 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The Latest on Charla Nash's transplant (all times local):
- Teacher to run 5K race 6 months after double lung transplant Updated: Apr-29-16 12:20 pm
BOSTON - Six months to the day after undergoing a life-saving double lung transplant, a Boston school teacher who was born with a disease that robs him of lung capacity is running a 5K charity road race this weekend.