- Bill helps medical marijuana users access organ transplants Updated: Jun-22-15 8:11 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California lawmakers have passed a bill that prevents medical marijuana users from being denied organ transplants just because they use pot.
- Woman gives birth after transplant of ovarian tissue Updated: Jun-09-15 7:19 pm
LONDON - A woman who had ovarian tissue removed and frozen during childhood has given birth to a baby after the tissue was successfully transplanted back into her, enabling her to get pregnant.
- Illinois doctors group wants Rauner to veto hepatitis C bill Updated: Jun-04-15 3:42 pm
CHICAGO - With three out of four Americans who are infected unaware they have hepatitis C, Illinois lawmakers last month approved a measure to fight what's been called a silent epidemic.
- Texas doctors do first skull and scalp transplant Updated: Jun-04-15 1:22 pm
Texas doctors say they have done the world's first partial skull and scalp transplant to help a man with a large head wound from cancer treatment.
- Transplant surgeons save children's lives in Venezuela Updated: Jun-04-15 12:19 am
CARACAS, Venezuela - Clutching a tiny Bible, Gilda Velasquez leans over her son as he falls asleep with the help of a powerful sedative and a catchy cartoon jingle playing on a hand-held TV.
- UPMC's lung transplant program on probation with organ group Updated: Jun-03-15 7:35 am
PITTSBURGH - The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center's lung transplant program has been put on probation by the United Network for Organ Sharing, a nonprofit that oversees American transplants.
- Doctors: Waitress, customer doing well after transplant Updated: Jun-01-15 6:16 pm
ATLANTA - A Georgia Hooters waitress and a longtime regular customer at the restaurant are both doing well after a successful kidney transplant, doctors said.