- Michigan Tech researchers determine cause of crack in earth Updated: Feb-11-16 5:14 pm
MENOMINEE, Michigan - Faculty and student researchers from Michigan Technological University believe they have figured out how a large crack opened in the ground more five years ago near the Michigan-Wisconsin border.
- Indian soldier dies after rescue from avalanche in Kashmir Updated: Feb-11-16 3:52 am
NEW DELHI - An Indian army soldier rescued after six days buried under deep snow by an enormous avalanche in the Himalayan region of Kashmir died Thursday in a hospital in the Indian capital.
- Snowmobiling a family affair for regional club Updated: Feb-07-16 4:07 pm
MOUNT VERNON, Washington - The sounds and smells in the hills north of Baker Lake rivaled those of an auto racetrack as snowmobilers prepared to take off along Forest Service Road 13.
- Lost Seattle hiker rescued from Mt. Hood Updated: Feb-03-16 3:17 am
SEATTLE - Search crews have rescued a Seattle hiker who spent one night on Mt. Hood after he got lost hiking near the Palmer Glacier.
- Researchers find source of 1964 devastating Alaska tsunami Updated: Feb-01-16 8:04 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Researchers from the U.S. Geological Survey have solved a 50-year natural science mystery: the undersea source of tsunami waves that devastated a remote Alaska village following the 1964 Great Alaska Earthquake.
- Authorities recover body of avalanche victim Updated: Jan-23-16 1:37 pm
DENVER - Authorities have recovered the body of a Denver-area man who went missing while hiking near St. Mary's Glacier.
- Crews search for missing hiker at St. Mary's Glacier Updated: Jan-18-16 1:26 pm
DENVER - Searchers are looking for a man reported missing after going for a hike at St. Mary's Glacier.