- McAuliffe announces California brewery expanding to Virginia Updated: May-25-16 3:52 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Gov. Terry McAuliffe says another craft beer company has decided to locate its East Coast operations in Virginia.
- Elephant rescued from Swaziland delivers calf at Dallas Zoo Updated: May-24-16 9:11 pm
DALLAS - An elephant rescued from the southern African nation of Swaziland has given birth to a baby at the Dallas Zoo.
- Hazmat crews respond to ammonia leak in Portland Updated: May-24-16 3:34 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Hazardous material crews spent the morning cleaning up an ammonia leak in Portland.
- Book Review: 'Sweetbitter' is a novel to be savored Updated: May-24-16 3:29 pm
NEW YORK - "Sweetbitter," (Alfred A. Knopf), by Stephanie Danler
- Obama dines with CNN's Anthony Bourdain for series Updated: May-23-16 11:02 am
NEW YORK - President Barack Obama dined in Hanoi, Vietnam, on Monday with CNN personality Anthony Bourdain, whose "Parts Unknown" food travelogue is one of the network's most popular nonfiction series.
- US attorney rejects claims of misconduct in Rubashkin case Updated: May-23-16 10:40 am
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Federal prosecutors are rejecting allegations that they committed misconduct against imprisoned kosher meatpacking executive Sholom Rubashkin.
- UK restaurant owner guilty of manslaughter in allergy death Updated: May-23-16 10:37 am
LONDON - A British man was sentenced to six years in prison on Monday after being convicted of manslaughter because a customer at his Indian restaurant died of a peanut allergy.
- Lawsuit: Bar overserved motorcyclist, led to friend's death Updated: May-23-16 4:06 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A Columbia bar has been accused of serving so much alcohol to one of its underage patrons that he became extremely intoxicated and crashed his motorcycle, killing a 19-year-old woman who was riding with him.
- Food safety experts urge backyard cooks to take precautions Updated: May-22-16 5:03 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Memorial Day weekend marks the start of grilling season for many people, so food safety experts are encouraging backyard cooks to take proper precautions.
- Mushroom hunting heating up in wake of Northwest wildfires Updated: May-22-16 1:06 pm
BOISE, Idaho - From flames come fungi.
- Food education center getting built at South Dakota State Updated: May-22-16 12:43 pm
BROOKINGS, South Dakota - A food education center that will include small fields, a kitchen and other features is being built at South Dakota State University.
- Massive Navajo farm heads into week 2 with no irrigation Updated: May-22-16 12:23 pm
The largest farm on the Navajo Nation has been without water for more than a week after a pipeline break, endangering food crops worth millions of dollars and threatening jobs.
- Sunday brunch booze sales start in Shepherdstown Updated: May-22-16 12:12 pm
SHEPHERDSTOWN, West Virginia - Restaurants and other businesses in Shepherdstown are now able to serve alcohol on Sunday mornings.
- Boycott over LGBT law impacts more than just the music fans Updated: May-22-16 11:25 am
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Stagehand Kery Eller doesn't own any Bruce Springsteen albums, but he would smash them if he did.
- New craft beer trail comes to the Shenandoah Valley Updated: May-22-16 11:07 am
STAUNTON, Virginia - Like Nelson County has the Brew Ridge Trail, the Shenandoah Valley now has its very own beer trail snaking down Interstate 81.
- Vail Resorts investing $13 million in Wilmot Mountain Updated: May-21-16 12:51 pm
WILMOT, Wisconsin - The new owner of Wilmot Mountain is investing $13 million in the Kenosha County ski resort.
- Makeover coming for food nutrition labels Updated: May-20-16 3:17 pm
WASHINGTON - A new look is coming to Nutrition Facts labels on food packages, with more attention to calorie counts and added sugars. And no longer will a small bag of chips count as two or three servings.
- Sugary soft drinks nixed at Colombia's elementary schools Updated: May-20-16 2:27 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - Sugary soft drinks are being pulled from elementary schools in Colombia in a bid to instill better dietary habits at a young age
- German court approves mass killing of male chicks Updated: May-20-16 12:38 pm
BERLIN - A German court has ruled that the mass killing of newly hatched male chicks doesn't violate animal protection laws.
- 'Do Not Drink' advisory issued for Vienna water Updated: May-20-16 8:49 am
VIENNA, West Virginia - West Virginia officials have issued a "Do Not Drink" advisory for Vienna water after the Environmental Protection Agency announced a new limit for the amount of a chemical present in Wood County's drinking water.
- Kentucky looking at hops as potential crop Updated: May-20-16 1:02 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky Agriculture Commissioner Ryan Quarles is turning attention to the potential of growing hops in the bluegrass state.
- Buffalo Trace to expand with $200 million investment Updated: May-20-16 12:27 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Buffalo Trace Distillery says a more than $200 million expansion is planned to help keep up with demand for its bourbon.
- Ohio lawmakers vote to scrap cap on alcohol content for beer Updated: May-20-16 12:14 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - In a move that would allow craft brewers the freedom to make boozier beers, Ohio lawmakers have voted to scrap a cap on alcohol content for beer that's been on the books since just after Prohibition.
- Rhode Island House passes wine biscuit bill Updated: May-19-16 5:30 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island House of Representatives has passed a bill to help bakers buy wine in bulk for use in making wine biscuits.
- Des Moines high school students create root beer to sell Updated: May-19-16 5:25 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A group of students at a Des Moines high school has brewed and branded a root beer recipe as part of a two-year project.