- Police probe suburban St. Louis house fire that kills man Updated: Jul-06-15 8:39 am
UNIVERSITY CITY, Missouri - Authorities in suburban St. Louis' University City are probing as suspicious the cause of a weekend house fire that killed a man despite efforts by at least one neighbor to save him.
- St. Louis police: 2 pedestrians shot, wounded Updated: Jul-06-15 8:26 am
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis police are investigating apparently related weekend shootings that wounded two pedestrians a few blocks apart.
- 4 Royals elected to start All-Star Game; Reds' Frazier, too Updated: Jul-05-15 10:51 pm
NEW YORK - The All-Star Game will have a Kansas City flavor, just not as much as it appeared last month.
- Kennedy outpitched by Lynn as Padres beaten by Cardinals Updated: Jul-05-15 6:45 pm
ST. LOUIS - Ian Kennedy did fine against most of the St. Louis hitters. He just couldn't figure out how to shut down rookie outfielder Tommy Pham and pitcher Lance Lynn.
- Pham hits 1st MLB homer and drives in 3, Cards top Padres Updated: Jul-05-15 6:18 pm
ST. LOUIS - Rookie outfielder Tommy Pham has done almost everything right in his first three starts with the St. Louis Cardinals.
- St. Louis officials turn to feds for help on gun crimes Updated: Jul-05-15 11:23 am
ST. LOUIS - Homicides are in the rise in St. Louis, and city officials are increasingly turning to the federal government for help.
- Women, minorities struggle on Missouri teaching exams Updated: Jul-04-15 7:28 pm
ST. LOUIS - Woman and minorities are failing Missouri exams to enter teaching programs and to gain certification at higher rates, raising concerns about bias.
- Police identify man shot dead in St. Louis Updated: Jul-04-15 3:58 pm
ST. LOUIS - Police are investigating the shooting death of a 53-year-old man in St. Louis.
- Wet ground in St. Louis area is a factor in toppled trees Updated: Jul-04-15 11:28 am
BRENTWOOD, Missouri - The wettest June on record in St. Louis has caused rivers to rise and saturated farmland. It's also a factor in an unexpected problem - toppling trees.
- Cardinals lose again at home, 2-1 to Padres Updated: Jul-04-15 12:33 am
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Cardinals closer Trevor Rosenthal was philosophical about the end of his 23-appearance scoreless streak on Friday night.
- Police: 3 St. Louis County schools vandalized Updated: Jul-03-15 12:36 pm
GLASGOW VILLAGE, Missouri - Police in St. Louis County say three elementary schools have been vandalized, damaging doors and windows.
- Queen City crew: Sending All-Stars young and old to Cincy Updated: Jul-03-15 11:22 am
NEW YORK - Anyone still ranting about the online election that put five Kansas City Royals in position to start the All-Star Game, the following is for you.
- Extra security at Fair St. Louis Updated: Jul-03-15 5:43 am
ST. LOUIS - With vague threats of terror attacks in America over the Fourth of July weekend, extra precautions are being taken during Fair St. Louis.
- Cardinals place OF Jon Jay on 15-day disabled list Updated: Jul-02-15 8:14 pm
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Cardinals placed outfielder Jon Jay on the 15-day disabled list with a left wrist stress reaction and bone bruise on Thursday, making room on the roster for call-up Tim Cooney to start against the San Diego Padres.
- Cardinals fire scouting director Correa amid hacking scandal Updated: Jul-02-15 6:29 pm
- Storms, rain rake Missouri, 1 dies in flash flooding Updated: Jul-02-15 4:36 pm
ST. LOUIS - Another night of strong storms and torrential rain swept across Missouri, leading to a flash flooding death in eastern Missouri and two apparent tornadoes in suburban Kansas City.
- St. Louis circuit attorney won't seek re-election Updated: Jul-02-15 12:09 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Circuit Attorney Jennifer Joyce says she will not seek re-election in 2016.
- St. Louis firefighters pension payout draws criticism Updated: Jul-02-15 10:17 am
ST. LOUIS - A newly retired St. Louis firefighters pension director collected a cash payout of more than a half million dollars at a time the city is asking voters to sign off on a $180 million bond issue for infrastructure improvements, according to a newspaper report Thursday.
- St. Louis police ID man shot, killed during attack on woman Updated: Jul-02-15 8:56 am
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis police have publicly identified a homeless man shot and killed last month by a woman they say he attacked with scissors.
- Highways chairman: I-70 'falling apart' below the surface Updated: Jul-02-15 5:28 am
ST. LOUIS - The chairman of the Missouri Highway and Transportation Commission says Interstate 70 is "falling apart" below the surface.
- Quintana paces White Sox to 7-1 win over Cardinals Updated: Jul-02-15 2:57 am
- White Sox activate reliever Jennings from 15-day DL Updated: Jul-01-15 6:12 pm
ST. LOUIS - The Chicago White Sox activated reliever Dan Jennings from the 15-day disabled list and optioned right-hander Junior Guerra to Triple-A Charlotte.
- St. Louis' mayor narrows scrutiny of Confederate memorial Updated: Jul-01-15 6:05 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis' mayor has scratched plans for a formal panel to decide whether a three-story Confederate memorial should be moved out of Forest Park, instead calling on proposals from people or groups willing to perhaps offer up another public place for the landmark.
- Cards' Garcia ruled out for Thursday, no DL move expected Updated: Jul-01-15 5:53 pm
ST. LOUIS - Jaime Garcia has been pushed back again and won't start Thursday for the St. Louis Cardinals because of what the pitcher calls a left groin strain.
- Blues sign F Jori Lehtera to 3-year contract extension Updated: Jul-01-15 4:45 pm
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Blues have signed forward Jori Lehtera to a three-year contract extension that will begin with the 2016-17 season.