- Ferguson City Council expected to vote on DOJ agreement Updated: Feb-09-16 4:40 pm
FERGUSON, Missouri - The Ferguson City Council is expected to vote Tuesday on a police and court reform proposal with the U.S. Department of Justice, an agreement that would cost the St. Louis suburb millions of dollars.
- Noranda Aluminum files for bankruptcy Updated: Feb-09-16 11:44 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - One of North America's biggest makers of aluminum foil is seeking bankruptcy protection to restructure, citing falling aluminum prices and other market challenges that also will force it to idle production at a Missouri smelter.
- St. Louis man charged in deadly shooting Updated: Feb-09-16 8:19 am
ST. LOUIS - A St. Louis man has been charged with a December killing.
- St. Louis teen charged with murder during robbery attempt Updated: Feb-09-16 8:04 am
ST. LOUIS - A St. Louis teenager has been charged with an attempted-robbery killing.
- Construction on revamped Kiener Plaza begins Updated: Feb-09-16 5:35 am
ST. LOUIS - A $19 million project to revitalize Kiener Plaza in downtown St. Louis is underway.
- Man convicted of murder in 2014 St. Louis home invasion Updated: Feb-09-16 2:40 am
ST. LOUIS - A 35-year-old man accused of being involved in a 2014 home invasion that led to a St. Louis man's death has been convicted of second-degree murder.
- St. Louis utility company pushes back against carbon rules Updated: Feb-08-16 6:20 pm
ST. LOUIS - A St. Louis utility company is pushing back on the federal government's plan to cut carbon dioxide emissions.
- St. Louis murder conviction clouded after discovery of video Updated: Feb-08-16 5:46 pm
ST. LOUIS - A man convicted of a 1994 homicide in St. Louis is planning to appeal his case after finding video evidence of an interview with his trial's only eyewitness.
- Jets sign Byfuglien to $38 million, five-year extension Updated: Feb-08-16 5:43 pm
ST. LOUIS - Big Buff is off the NHL free-agent market.
- Blues place defenseman Alex Pietrangelo on IR Updated: Feb-08-16 3:58 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Blues defenseman Alex Pietrangelo has been placed on injured reserve with a right knee injury that the team says will be re-evaluated in three weeks.
- Man fatally struck on I-44 was taking pictures, police say Updated: Feb-08-16 12:08 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis police say a 24-year-old man who was struck and killed on Interstate 44 last week was taking pictures of two friends who were in the median.
- Man suspected of using road flares to set St. Louis fires Updated: Feb-08-16 8:18 am
ST. LOUIS - Federal agents in St. Louis say security cameras helped lead to the arrest of a serial arsonist.
- St. Louis area officer injured when hit by car Updated: Feb-07-16 6:08 pm
KIRKWOOD, Missouri - A St. Louis area police officer has been hospitalized after being hit by a car.
- Missouri WWII veteran says he was exposed to mustard gas Updated: Feb-07-16 3:01 pm
ST. LOUIS - In the final days of World War II, an 18-year-old Army private from Missouri named Arla Wayne Harrell was sent to Camp Crowder in the southwest corner of the state, where he said he was twice exposed to mustard gas.
- 5 hurt when porch collapses in St. Louis during Mardi Gras Updated: Feb-07-16 1:15 pm
ST. LOUIS - A second-floor porch in St. Louis collapsed, injuring five people, two seriously.
- MVP Newton, Watt, Rivera, Berry big winners of NFL awards Updated: Feb-07-16 2:22 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Cam Newton is now a Super Bowl quarterback with an MVP award.
- Lehtera, Elliott lead Blues past Wild 4-1 Updated: Feb-07-16 12:16 am
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Blues goalie Brian Elliott dealt with something different Saturday night: goal support, for a change.
- Michael's 40 helps Statham get record 1,099th win Updated: Feb-06-16 8:31 pm
ST. LOUIS - Harry Statham earned his record-breaking 1,099th victory as a head coach on Saturday as freshman Nate Michael scored 40 points to lead McKendree to a 92-84 win over Maryville.
- Missouri Democrat proposes gun ban for domestic abusers Updated: Feb-06-16 4:44 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - While there's consensus in some other Republican-dominated states to ramp-up laws to keep firearms out of the hands of domestic abusers, a Missouri proposal to do that appears to have little chance in the GOP Legislature.
- MLS commissioner taking hard look at St. Louis Updated: Feb-06-16 4:16 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis may be losing football, but Major League Soccer could be on the horizon.
- Missouri defends law capping cities' traffic ticket revenue Updated: Feb-05-16 9:50 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A new Missouri law overhauling the state's municipal courts and police departments violates the separation of powers, defies the state constitution's limits on unfunded mandates and unfairly singles out the St. Louis area, an attorney representing 12 St. Louis County municipalities told a courtroom Friday.
- Woman stabbed to death at St. Louis-area home Updated: Feb-05-16 4:17 pm
MOLINE ACRES, Missouri - Police in the St. Louis suburb of Moline Acres are investigating the stabbing death of a woman.
- About 50 Rams employees left behind in move to Los Angeles Updated: Feb-05-16 12:51 pm
- Kroenke business partner pushes St. Louis-area development Updated: Feb-05-16 10:52 am
MARYLAND HEIGHTS, Missouri - Weeks after the NFL agreed to allow Rams owner Stan Kroenke to move his team out of St. Louis, one of the billionaire sports mogul's business partners is pushing a development plan in the city's suburbs that could be funded in part by taxpayer money.
- Police: Facebook helped track down snake thief Updated: Feb-05-16 8:28 am
FESTUS, Missouri - A St. Louis-area man is accused of stealing a Brazilian rainbow boa constrictor from a pet store, then losing it inside a Lowe's home improvement store.