- New trailer could boost size of LNG deliveries to Fairbanks Updated: Nov-27-15 4:16 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A state agency will evaluate a new semi-truck trailer that could carry larger loads of liquefied natural gas from a plant at Point MacKenzie to Fairbanks.
- Marijuana club opens in former Fairbanks wine bar Updated: Nov-27-15 3:24 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - A marijuana club that allows consumption but not sales quietly opened this week in Fairbanks and its owners say they are operating within state law.
- Former caretaker gets 20 years for shooting death Updated: Nov-26-15 5:35 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - A former in-home caretaker for a blind Fairbanks woman will spend 20 years in prison for fatally shooting her husband.
- Heavy snow closes several highways in Fairbanks area Updated: Nov-25-15 7:24 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Heavy snow is creating difficult driving conditions in the Fairbanks area, with winter conditions closing several highways Wednesday.
- Not guilty plea entered in Alaska abduction, rape case Updated: Nov-25-15 5:16 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - A not guilty plea was entered in the case of a man accused of repeatedly raping a woman and holding her captive for five weeks in a cabin in Alaska.
- Alaska wants Fairbanks area split into 2 air quality zones Updated: Nov-25-15 11:40 am
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - The state of Alaska is calling on the federal government to split Fairbanks and North Pole into separate smoke pollution non-attainment areas.
- Tesoro to buy Flint Hills assets in Anchorage, Fairbanks Updated: Nov-24-15 9:24 am
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Tesoro Corp. has announced that its Alaska affiliate will purchase a portion of Flint Hills Resources assets in Fairbanks and Anchorage.
- Alaska editorials Updated: Nov-23-15 12:03 pm
By The Associated Press - Here is a sampling of editorial opinions from Alaska newspapers:
- 4-time Iditarod champ Lance Mackey registers for 2016 race Updated: Nov-21-15 3:14 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Four-time Iditarod champion Lance Mackey is getting ready for the 2016 race.
- Celebrity captured in the letters of the famous Updated: Nov-12-15 2:02 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Marilyn Monroe liked the champagne: "It arrived, I drank it, and I was gayer," she wrote to the German consulate general.
- 2 University of Alaska officials step down Updated: Nov-12-15 8:14 am
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - The University of Alaska is looking to fill positions on the president's executive team following the abrupt resignation of two officials.
- 'Fairbanks Four' trial ends, judge won't rush decision Updated: Nov-11-15 11:03 am
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Four men who claim they were wrongly found guilty of killing a Fairbanks teenager in 1997 will have to wait learn the outcome of their most recent trial.
- UA Fairbanks to abandon wells, switch to water from utility Updated: Nov-10-15 4:31 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - The University of Alaska Fairbanks will switch from drinking water pumped from its own wells to water from a utility because of high levels of byproducts.
- UA regents approve tuition increase, $960M budget Updated: Nov-05-15 9:01 am
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - University of Alaska students will see an increase in tuition next year following a decision by the board of regents to approve a 5 percent increase rather than a proposed 9 percent hike.
- Rising seas, peat may have done in large ice age animals Updated: Nov-02-15 6:20 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Woolly mammoths and other large ice age mammals thrived in northern Alaska until environmental changes turned grasslands into peat and rising sea levels submerged the Bering Land Bridge, cutting off their access to Asia, according to a research paper published Monday.
- Defense chief: US will keep adjusting to Islamic State fight Updated: Oct-30-15 9:42 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Defense Secretary Ash Carter said Friday the decision to send special operations forces to Syria to work with local Kurdish and Arab fighters is unlikely to be the last significant adjustment to the U.S. fight against the resilient Islamic State group.