- Appeals Court orders review of video testimony in abuse case Updated: Jul-27-15 6:05 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A Fairbanks man convicted in 2013 of sexually abusing two young girls will have his case reviewed after the Alaska Court of Appeals determined the children's videotaped testimony did not receive proper scrutiny by the trial judge.
- Inside the wildfire command center Updated: Jul-25-15 4:08 am
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Hundreds of miles away from the front lines, heat and flames of one of Alaska's worst fire seasons on record, people busily scurry around an office building on Fort Wainwright, just outside Fairbanks.
- Fairbanks releases marijuana zoning proposal to public Updated: Jul-24-15 7:04 am
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - The Fairbanks North Star Borough has made its proposed ordinance dealing with the nascent marijuana industry public.
- Walker travels to Pentagon to make case for Alaska troops Updated: Jul-23-15 6:28 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska Gov. Bill Walker met Thursday in Washington, D.C., with Pentagon officials to make a case for maintaining current troop levels in the state.
- Fairbanks prepares for final regatta, budget woes end event Updated: Jul-23-15 11:46 am
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - After 19 years on the Chena River, Sunday's Red Green Regatta in Fairbanks will be the last.
- Fairbanks attorney found in contempt of court Updated: Jul-22-15 3:10 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - A Fairbanks attorney was held in contempt of court Tuesday for comments he made questioning a ruling on evidence admission by Superior Court Judge Douglas Blankenship.
- Fairbanks hospital CEO to be interim UAF chancellor Updated: Jul-22-15 7:04 am
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Former hospital CEO Mike Powers has been named interim chancellor at the University of Alaska Fairbanks.
- Fairbanks adds unsolved homicides to city website Updated: Jul-21-15 3:35 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Poking around the city of Fairbanks' website you can find the municipal budget, a map of the area, a calendar of events and now descriptions of unsolved homicides.
- Fairbanks voters to decide on marijuana tax Updated: Jul-21-15 3:09 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - The Fairbanks City Council has approved a proposed tax on marijuana retail sales that will now be up for debate among voters.
- University of Alaska Fairbanks removes Mississippi Updated: Jul-21-15 7:04 am
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - The University of Alaska Fairbanks has removed a Mississippi flag from a 5-state display, citing the ongoing national discussion about Confederate imagery.
- Rep. Tammie Wilson to run for borough mayor Updated: Jul-16-15 3:06 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Rep. Tammie Wilson has filed a letter of intent with the Alaska Public Offices Commission to run for mayor of the Fairbanks North Star Borough.
- Recycling group leaves interior fair over payment dispute Updated: Jul-16-15 7:04 am
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - A nonprofit recycling group will not participate in this year's Tanana Valley State Fair after the two parties could not agree on payment.
- Signatures submitted for air quality rules ballot question Updated: Jul-15-15 2:29 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - An Alaska lawmaker has turned in more than 2,500 signatures in an attempt to put a question on the municipal ballot in the fall that would restrict the Fairbanks North Star Borough government's oversight on wood burning.
- Yukon River chinook salmon run weaker than expected Updated: Jul-13-15 9:35 am
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - State wildlife officials say the chinook salmon run on the Yukon River will be even weaker than expected.
- Aggie Creek Fire grows, Alyeska takes pipeline precautions Updated: Jul-11-15 11:34 am
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - As the Aggie Creek Fire grows, officials have held burnouts and dropped fire retardants along the nearby trans-Alaska oil pipeline.
- Band at Fort Wainwright on Army cuts list Updated: Jul-10-15 2:44 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - The Army has announced that it will be deactivating the 9th Army Band at Fort Wainwright as part of a national effort to decrease the number of active-duty soldiers.
- Former University of Alaska Fairbanks basketball player dies Updated: Jul-09-15 11:20 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A 26-year-old former University of Alaska Fairbanks basketball player has died from a head injury he sustained in a rugby match in Anchorage.
- U. of Alaska Fairbanks rededicates nearly century-old campus Updated: Jul-07-15 1:20 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - The University of Alaska Fairbanks will officially celebrate its first century next year and officials marked festivities leading up to it with a rededication.
- Fairbanks considers marijuana tax Updated: Jul-05-15 11:07 am
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - A proposal before the Fairbanks City Council would add a 5 percent sales tax to marijuana products when they become legal in 2016.
- Man threatens ex-girlfriend with samurai sword, drives drunk Updated: Jul-04-15 11:31 am
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - A 38-year-old Fairbanks man is in jail after troopers say he threatened his ex-girlfriend with a samurai sword before driving drunk and rolling his vehicle.
- Former Iditarod champ Lance Mackey takes up car racing Updated: Jul-03-15 5:04 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Legendary sled dog racer Lance Mackey is used to being fast.
- Marijuana board holds first meeting, wants laws changed Updated: Jul-03-15 3:49 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Alaska's newly appointed Marijuana Control Board has proposed four changes to state marijuana laws.
- State will discontinue filling grayling in Alaska lakes Updated: Jul-02-15 2:55 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Funding cuts have forced Alaska hatcheries to stop raising Arctic grayling.
- North Pole man sickened by 'rabbit fever' Updated: Jul-02-15 1:23 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Alaska Department of Fish and Game officials suspect that a man who became sick after skinning a hare has been infected with tularemia, a bacterial infection known as rabbit fever.
- Volunteers build boxes for displaced sled dogs in Willow Updated: Jun-29-15 2:50 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - A group of volunteers came together to help out the many sled dogs displaced by the Sockeye Fire in Willow.