- Mobile app helps Woodburn police catch wanted suspect Updated: May-03-16 11:56 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Police in Woodburn say they have caught one of their most wanted suspects after a resident identified the man on the police department's new mobile app.
- Oregon health insurers plan to raise rates in 2017 Updated: May-03-16 11:39 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A majority of Oregon's health insurance companies are proposing rate hikes for the individual and small group markets in 2017.
- Man feared missing after van found stuck in snow Updated: May-03-16 10:31 pm
COTTAGE GROVE, Oregon - Lane County authorities fear a 54-year-old man is missing near Brice Creek southeast of Cottage Grove after his empty van was discovered stuck in the snow.
- Kansan who went with kids to Oregon standoff arrested Updated: May-03-16 8:30 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Kansas woman who took her children to perform for occupiers during the armed takeover of an Oregon wildlife refuge earlier this year says authorities have removed seven of her children from her home and arrested her for assaulting an officer.
- Judge OKs payroll tax ballot measure to aid Portland State Updated: May-03-16 4:25 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - An Oregon judge has approved ballot language for a proposed payroll tax that would solely benefit Portland State University.
- 3 indicted in 2014 killing of Portland woman Updated: May-03-16 3:54 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Three men have been indicted on murder charges in the fatal shooting of a pregnant Portland woman nearly two years ago.
- Sen. Wyden wants Oregon's voting system expanded nationwide Updated: May-03-16 3:07 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Oregon Sen. Ron Wyden says he's going to introduce a bill that would enable every voter in federal elections to receive a ballot in the mail, expanding the "Oregon way" nationwide.
- Judge sides with Chiloquin in free-speech lawsuit Updated: May-03-16 9:51 am
KLAMATH FALLS, Oregon - A magistrate judge sided with Chiloquin, Oregon, in its defense of a $1.35 million federal lawsuit filed by a man who says a city official abused her authority when she tried to stop him from defaming her during city council meetings.
- Warm Springs tribe breaks ground on marijuana grow facility Updated: May-03-16 4:03 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs has broken ground on a new marijuana-growing facility that is set to be Oregon's first tribal-owned marijuana grow operation.
- Canby man convicted in 2014 killing gets life in prison Updated: May-03-16 3:11 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - A Canby man convicted of aggravated murder for shooting and killing a marijuana dealer in 2014 has been sentenced to life in prison.
- 3 lawmakers hit with ethics complaint over wolf bill Updated: May-02-16 8:38 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - An environmental group filed an ethics complaint Monday against three Oregon lawmakers, accusing them of knowingly making false statements to their colleagues about the intent of a bill that has blocked an environmentalists' lawsuit over the delisting of the gray wolf.
- 3-year-old survives fall from cliff that kills his mother Updated: May-02-16 4:49 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A 3-year-old boy survived a 50-foot fall at a popular Oregon hiking trail that killed his 37-year-old mother.
- Convicted Crook County criminals go free due to crowded jail Updated: May-02-16 3:51 pm
BEND, Oregon - Dozens of convicted offenders in Crook County have been set free because of a lack of jail space.
- Klamath Tribes chairman wins re-election Updated: May-02-16 1:54 pm
KLAMATH FALLS, Oregon - The Klamath Tribes chairman has been elected for another three-year term.
- LinkedIn stops calling Bend "in Eugene" after complaints Updated: May-02-16 12:46 pm
BEND, Oregon - Professionals in Bend no longer have to worry about doppelgangers in Eugene as the social networking website LinkedIn has fixed a glitch that classified Bend as "in the Eugene, Oregon Area."
- Citizen-scientists to help swimmers ID bacteria-filled lakes Updated: May-02-16 12:21 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - A small army of citizen-scientists will help Rogue Valley residents learn whether the creek or swimming hole they hit this summer is a good place to cool off or might be a staph infection in the making.
- Oregon deputy cleared in fatal crash Updated: May-02-16 11:53 am
KLAMATH FALLS, Oregon - Oregon State Police investigators have cleared a Klamath County sheriff's deputy who was involved in a fatal traffic collision while trying to catch a suspect last fall.
- Bend plans on second wave of marijuana business Updated: May-02-16 11:01 am
BEND, Oregon - City officials say Bend is experiencing a second wave of growth and investment in marijuana businesses.
- Oregon trails crews to get help from BLM mustangs Updated: May-02-16 10:20 am
PENDLETON, Oregon - Some of Nevada's wild horses will be lending a hoof to Oregon trails crews this summer.
- City to review plans for Eugene's second tiny homes project Updated: May-02-16 1:47 am
EUGENE, Oregon - Officials say construction on Eugene's second tiny house community for low-income residents could start as soon as this summer.
- The Latest: Police arrest protesters in Seattle Updated: May-02-16 1:06 am
SEATTLE - The Latest on May Day marches across the U.S. (all times local):
- Anti-capitalists clash with Seattle police on May Day Updated: May-02-16 12:02 am
SEATTLE - Seattle police used pepper spray Sunday evening to disperse anti-capitalist protesters after authorities said rocks, flares and bricks were thrown at officers downtown.
- Portland beat Toronto 2-1, LA and Kansas draw 1-1 Updated: May-01-16 11:45 pm
- Hiker found dead after fall in Alaska's Denali National Park Updated: May-01-16 9:35 pm
DENALI NATIONAL PARK AND PRESERVE, Alaska - A hiker has been found dead in Alaska's Denali National Park and Preserve, and authorities believe he fell and suffered a fatal head injury.
- Valeri scores winner in Timbers' 2-1 win over Toronto Updated: May-01-16 7:35 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Timbers teammate Lucas Melano touched the ball before Diego Valeri's free kick against Toronto, telling him he would score.