- America celebrates Independence Day with fireworks, parades Updated: Jul-05-15 2:46 am
Americans celebrated 239 years as an independent nation on Saturday with extravagant fireworks displays, rock and classical concerts and parades both big and small. Here were some highlights of Independence Day festivities around the nation:
- Search for man who disappeared in Willamette River continues Updated: Jul-04-15 10:07 pm
ALBANY, Oregon - Family members are searching for the body of an Albany resident who apparently drowned in the Willamette River.
- Magnitude 4.2 earthquake hits Oregon, no damage reported Updated: Jul-04-15 8:19 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Oregon - Some Oregonians woke on the Fourth of July to a significant jolt when a magnitude 4.2 earthquake struck near Springfield and Eugene.
- Idaho man dies in rollover crash, alcohol a likely factor Updated: Jul-04-15 7:16 pm
DURKEE, Oregon - Authorities say alcohol consumption is suspected to be a factor in a rollover crash that killed an Idaho man in eastern Oregon.
- Teen boy from Madras killed while cutting firewood Updated: Jul-04-15 7:10 pm
PRINEVILLE, Oregon - Authorities in Crook County say a 14-year-old teen boy was killed while cutting firewood.
- Central Oregon fire now 22,000 acres, 5 percent contained Updated: Jul-04-15 6:50 pm
DAYVILLE, Oregon - Firefighters in central Oregon continue to fight a large fire on the west side of the South Fork John Day River, about 11 miles south of Dayville.
- Oregon girl dies after intoxicated father crashes into tree Updated: Jul-04-15 4:43 pm
CANYONVILLE, Oregon - Authorities in Douglas County say a 13-year-old girl has died after her intoxicated father crashed the car she was riding in into a tree.
- 1 person dead after boat capsizes off Oregon coast Updated: Jul-04-15 3:43 pm
NEWPORT, Oregon - Authorities say one person drowned after a small boat capsized just off the Oregon coast near Newport.
- Salem police: plane crash at Salem airport leaves 1 dead Updated: Jul-04-15 2:59 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Salem police say a plane has crashed on the grounds of the Salem Airport, killing one.
- Police identify men killed in Springfield murder-suicide Updated: Jul-04-15 2:08 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Oregon - Authorities have identified the shooter and the victim in what they are calling a murder-suicide at a Springfield apartment complex.
- A look at the past week in the Oregon Legislature Updated: Jul-04-15 2:04 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Oregon lawmakers had a busy week, advancing dozens of bills and finalizing the budget as they prepare to adjourn the 2015 session in the coming days. Here's a look at some of the highlights from the past week:
- Businesses search for solutions with container shippers gone Updated: Jul-04-15 1:08 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - International trade routes have changed for Oregon importers and exporters.
- After year of Washington legal pot sales, taxes top $70M Updated: Jul-04-15 12:19 pm
SEATTLE - Washington launched its second-in-the-nation legal marijuana market with just a handful of stores selling high-priced pot to long lines of customers. A year later, the state has about 160 shops open, tax revenues have soared past expectations and sales top $1.4 million per day.
- Construction plan pays for school earthquake improvements Updated: Jul-04-15 12:23 am
SALEM, Oregon - Schools would have access to millions of dollars for earthquake-safety improvements, but the state Capitol would remain vulnerable under a $1.2 billion plan for statewide construction projects that advanced Friday.
- The Latest: Lawmakers leave Salem for 4th of July weekend Updated: Jul-04-15 12:17 am
SALEM, Oregon - The latest on the activities of the Oregon Legislature as lawmakers press closer to adjourning the 2015 legislative session:
- Helicopter instructor, student pilot die in Oregon crash Updated: Jul-03-15 4:13 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A helicopter flight instructor and a student pilot have died after crashing into a farm field near Newberg.
- Senate sends Eastern Oregon speed limit hike to governor Updated: Jul-03-15 3:02 pm
SALEM, Oregon - A plan to raise speed limits in Eastern Oregon is headed to Gov. Kate Brown.
- Oregon program helps older unemployed adults find work Updated: Jul-03-15 3:00 pm
BEND, Oregon - Paula Farr thought finding a job in Bend would be easy when she moved from Phoenix almost five years ago.
- White supremacist leader sentenced to 13 years Updated: Jul-03-15 2:50 pm
PENDLETON, Oregon - The leader of a Pendleton white supremacist gang has been sentenced to more than 13 years in prison.
- Senate opposes bill forcing savings of capital gains revenue Updated: Jul-03-15 2:38 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The Oregon Senate has voted down a bill that aims to save higher-than-average revenue from capital gains taxes, rather than spend it.
- Motorcycle rider killed in Morrow County accident Updated: Jul-03-15 1:43 pm
BOARDMAN, Oregon - A motorcycle rider was killed in Morrow County after police say he tried to access the on-ramp onto Interstate 84 through the median.
- Autopsy: man died of blunt force trauma to head, face Updated: Jul-03-15 1:23 pm
COOS BAY, Oregon - Authorities say the man whose body was found last weekend in tidal mudflats near a wastewater treatment plant in Coos County died of blunt force trauma to the head and face.
- Police: Carjacker crashes in coffee shop drive-up area Updated: Jul-03-15 9:04 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Police in Portland say a woman first reported to be causing a disturbance outside a detox center then carjacked a vehicle and crashed it in a Starbucks drive-up window area a few blocks away.
- Ore. man convicted in 32-year-old murder Updated: Jul-03-15 1:55 am
HILLSBORO, Oregon - An Oregon jury has convicted a St. Helens man in a 32-year-old murder that had gone unsolved until modern DNA testing linked him to the case.
- Sheriff: Oregon man, suspected in parents' death, kills self Updated: Jul-03-15 1:43 am
EUGENE, Oregon - An Oregon man accused of murdering his parents and storing their bodies in a freezer has died in a hospital after a suicide attempt in his jail cell, authorities said.