- Man charged with stabbing friend at Buddhist temple in Salem Updated: May-30-16 2:10 am
SALEM, Oregon - Authorities say they have arrested a man suspected of stabbing his friend multiple times inside a Buddhist temple in Salem.
- Rivals Portland and Seattle play to 0-0 draw in NWSL Updated: May-30-16 1:18 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Portland Thorns and Seattle Reign played to a scoreless draw in a rivalry match that drew 18,114 fans to Providence Park on Sunday, even without the U.S. national team stars playing.
- Oregon's Aaron Wise, Vanderbilt lead NCAA golf Updated: May-29-16 10:51 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Oregon's Aaron Wise shot a 6-under 64 on Sunday at Eugene Country Club to take the individual NCAA lead, while Vanderbilt remained atop the team standings.
- Eugene to ban smoking in parks starting June 1 Updated: May-29-16 2:08 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Smoking will no longer be allowed in Eugene-owned parks or natural areas beginning Wednesday.
- Oregon collie saved by sharp-eyed vet intern Updated: May-29-16 1:45 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A paralyzed collie just moments from being euthanized and his Oregon owners have more days to share thanks to a sharp-eyed vet intern who spotted the culprit - a tick.
- 7 hurt in weekend crash on Highway 47 north of Gaston Updated: May-29-16 12:01 pm
GASTON, Oregon - The Washington County sheriff's office says seven people were hurt in a Saturday night crash on Highway 47 north of Gaston. One woman was airlifted from the roadway after the collision between a pickup truck and an SUV.
- 2 dead, 1 hospitalized after head-on crash east of Eugene Updated: May-29-16 11:51 am
EUGENE, Oregon - Oregon State Police say two people have died and one is in the hospital after an early morning head-on crash east of Eugene. Authorities say an eastbound pickup truck crossed the center line and struck another vehicle at about 12:40 a.m. near Leaburg.
- Salem to sell part of its water rights to Willamette River Updated: May-29-16 10:01 am
SALEM, Oregon - The city of Salem has agreed to sell part of its water rights on the Willamette River to the city of Hillsboro. If the deal is approved, Hillsboro will pay Salem $16.2 million.
- Body recovered in Oregon, believed to be homicide victim Updated: May-29-16 8:39 am
WALLA WALLA, Washington - Police in Walla Walla, Washington, say they have recovered a body believed to be that a missing man who may be a homicide victim.
- Return to Vietnam Updated: May-29-16 3:02 am
PENDLETON, Oregon - In his mind, Skip Nichols often returned to Vietnam.
- Father, sons rescued after canoe submerges in Tualatin River Updated: May-28-16 7:46 pm
TUALATIN, Oregon - Rescue officials say a father and his two young sons were rescued after their canoe submerged in the Tualatin River.
- Justin Gatlin wins 100 at Prefontaine Classic Updated: May-28-16 7:33 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Justin Gatlin considers himself an antsy person, finding it hard to wait early in the season for the fast times he hopes to have later in the year.
- Oregon schools shut off water fountains after lead found Updated: May-28-16 6:36 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Portland Public Schools has shut down drinking fountains at all of its schools and will use bottled water for the remaining school year after tests at two schools found high levels of lead in water from sinks and fountains.
- Boy, 2, run over, killed in driveway in Clackamas County Updated: May-28-16 4:22 pm
MOLALLA, Oregon - The Clackamas County Sheriff's Office says a 2-year-old boy has died after he was accidentally run over by a van in the driveway of a home near Molalla.
- Sororities, fraternities say sorry for trashing campsite Updated: May-28-16 4:16 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - University of Oregon sororities and fraternities are planning service projects at a California campsite where about 1,000 people left trash that took dozens of National Forest workers six hours to clear.
- Corvallis man sentenced to 25 years for child sex abuse Updated: May-28-16 4:02 pm
CORVALLIS, Oregon - A Corvallis man has been sentenced to 25 years in prison for raping a 9-year-old girl.
- Man to return to Oregon to face murder charge in stabbing Updated: May-28-16 1:28 pm
WALLA WALLA, Washington - An Oregon man suspected of fatally stabbing his wife and injuring his young children will return to Umatilla County to face a murder charge.
- Portland man, woman indicted on nearly 100 pornography charges Updated: May-28-16 11:31 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - A Portland man and woman are facing nearly 100 child pornography charges between them.
- Fiesta raises money for immigration services Updated: May-28-16 10:55 am
MCMINNVILLE, Oregon - Immigrants often have many questions about their legal status and path to citizenship. In McMinnville, many of them turn to AnaVella Magana, an immigration counselor at Lutheran Community Services Northwest.
- Corvallis police working to cut down on bike thefts Updated: May-28-16 10:01 am
CORVALLIS, Oregon - Corvallis police are cracking down on bike thefts, which average 1 a day in this city. They have started a months-long initiative to stop what police are calling an epidemic.
- Larch inmates rehabilitate endangered Western pond turtles Updated: May-28-16 3:02 am
YACOLT, Washington - On May 17, the final day of their five-month stint at Larch Corrections Center, nine Western pond turtles lurked out of sight near the bottom of their tanks, just as wary of people as they were on day one.
- Drowning victims' moms hope river rescue stations save lives Updated: May-28-16 3:02 am
ROSEBURG, Oregon - After two Roseburg High School students drowned in the Umpqua River on Memorial Day weekend last year, Roseburg Rotary President Sue Van Volkenburg was inspired to do something to make the river a safer place.
- Teens charged with attempted murder of mother Updated: May-27-16 9:59 pm
REDMOND, Oregon - A grand jury has indicted two teenagers with attempting to kill of one of their mothers.
- Man accused of hitting woman with car after parking dispute Updated: May-27-16 1:26 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - A Medford man has been accused of hitting a woman with his car in a grocery store parking lot after he say she took his parking spot.
- Folk singer wrote 26 songs promoting Columbia River and dams Updated: May-27-16 1:04 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - Before Macklemore or Nirvana, this land was Woody Guthrie's land.