- Police capture white supremacist gang member who fled parole Updated: Feb-13-16 3:17 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - The Colorado Department of Corrections has taken into custody a paroled member of a white supremacist prison gang and another one remains at-large.
- Coroner identifies man who died in Georgia interstate chase Updated: Feb-13-16 2:12 pm
CORDELE, Georgia - Authorities have identified the man who died in a police chase on an interstate in central Georgia that left two officers injured.
- Woman linked to overdose death of teenager gets probation Updated: Feb-10-16 9:17 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - A woman arrested in connection with the drug overdose death of a Colorado Springs teenager over the summer has been sentenced to six years of unsupervised probation.
- Colorado Editorial Roundup Updated: Feb-10-16 6:19 pm
The Durango Herald, Feb. 3, on end-of-life choices for the terminally ill:
- Colorado Springs passes new version of sit-lie ordinance Updated: Feb-09-16 10:09 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Colorado Springs officials have passed a revised version of an ordinance that prohibits sitting and lying on public sidewalks after months of pushback from homeless advocates.
- Colorado Planned Parenthood clinic to reopen next week Updated: Feb-08-16 5:11 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - The Planned Parenthood clinic where three people were killed in November will reopen next week even though repairs aren't finished yet.
- Springs man stabbed after complaining about TV noise Updated: Feb-08-16 1:39 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Colorado Springs police say a man was stabbed after knocking on his neighbor's door with a baseball bat to complain about TV noise.
- Colorado's battle over tax limits could shape future growth Updated: Feb-08-16 10:32 am
DENVER - By 2030, Colorado's population will grow from 5 million to 7 million people, thanks in part to a strong and diverse economy, the state's famed Rocky Mountain quality of life, and its constitutionally-mandated low taxes.
- Colorado Springs police work to finalize body camera policy Updated: Feb-08-16 1:56 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - The Colorado Springs Police Department is moving forward with plans to outfit all its officers with body cameras.
- Driver in fatal crash given maximum sentence Updated: Feb-06-16 11:02 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - A Colorado Springs man who pleaded guilty to vehicular homicide and vehicular assault after crashing into another vehicle has been given the maximum sentence.
- Mother of killed toddler sentenced for failing to stop abuse Updated: Feb-05-16 10:36 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - A Colorado Springs woman has been sentenced to three years in prison for failing to prevent the abuse that killed her 2-year-old son.
- Former teacher acknowledges relationship with student Updated: Feb-04-16 9:34 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - A former Colorado Springs high school teacher has acknowledged that he had an inappropriate relationship with a 17-year-old student.
- VA: Wait times recorded incorrectly at Colorado clinic Updated: Feb-04-16 9:17 pm
DENVER - Workers at a Colorado Springs VA clinic incorrectly reported that some veterans got appointments sooner than they actually did, while at least 288 veterans had to wait longer than the government's 30-day target, federal investigators said Thursday.
- Colorado Springs homeless shelters full during storm Updated: Feb-02-16 10:39 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - As Colorado continues to be pounded by storms, homeless shelters in Colorado Springs are overflowing with people looking to get out of the cold.
- Colo. Springs church security guard accidentally fires gun Updated: Feb-01-16 10:46 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Colorado Springs police say a church security guard accidentally fired his gun on Sunday.
- Colorado Springs man gets prison time for 10th DUI Updated: Jan-28-16 9:42 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - A Colorado Springs man has been sentenced to three years in prison after his 10th DUI conviction.
- Fountain woman won't be charged for threats made on call Updated: Jan-28-16 1:08 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - No charges will be filed against a Fountain woman accused of threatening Republicans during a phone call to Planned Parenthood.
- Driver who killed man on sidewalk cited for careless driving Updated: Jan-27-16 12:07 pm
LAKEWOOD, Colorado - A driver who struck and killed a man standing on a sidewalk near a Walmart in suburban Denver has been cited for careless driving resulting in death.
- Colorado Springs considers buyout for damaged homes Updated: Jan-23-16 4:59 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Officials in Colorado Springs are offering to buy 20 homes damaged by landslides if they can get federal funding.
- Battleground Colorado enters 2016 with abortion debates Updated: Jan-22-16 3:02 pm
DENVER - Colorado Republicans could be forgiven for thinking that several years of fiery political contests over abortion and reproductive rights, which helped Democrats win several elections in this socially liberal swing state, were behind them.
- Bond set at $1M for man shot by Colorado Springs police Updated: Jan-21-16 4:01 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - A judge has set bond at $1 million for a man involved in a shootout with Colorado Springs police responding to a report of a home burglary.
- Vigil planned for Colorado Marine in Hawaii helicopter crash Updated: Jan-20-16 12:17 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - A candlelight vigil is being held in Colorado Springs for one of the 12 Marines missing after two helicopters crashed off Hawaii last week.
- Man sentenced to 48 years for slaying near Colorado Springs Updated: Jan-15-16 7:43 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - A man convicted of second-degree murder in connection with a slaying near Colorado Springs has been sentenced to 48 years in prison.
- Colorado public schools see rise in online enrollment Updated: Jan-15-16 12:18 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Public school students in Colorado are turning to tuition-free online and charter school education more than before.
- Colorado Springs zoo euthanizes Mexican gray wolf Updated: Jan-15-16 4:31 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Cheyenne Mountain Zoo officials say that Weeko the Mexican gray wolf has died.