- Board renames Virginia school that honored segregationist Updated: Apr-29-16 10:56 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - A Virginia middle school that was named in honor of a prominent segregationist will be renamed for a local historically black village.
- FAA: Smoke in jet cabin, cockpit leads to emergency landing Updated: Apr-29-16 10:43 am
PHILADELPHIA - Federal safety investigators say a regional jet made an emergency landing in Philadelphia after smoke was reported in the cabin and the cockpit.
- Altria profit up 20 percent on higher cigarette shipments Updated: Apr-28-16 9:02 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Altria, the owner of cigarette maker Philip Morris USA, said its first-quarter profit rose about 20 percent as it shipped more cigarettes and other tobacco products.
- Metro Richmond Zoo welcomes 13 new cheetah cubs Updated: Apr-28-16 8:25 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Metro Richmond Zoo has announced the arrival of 13 cheetah cubs.
- West Virginia auditor to head white collar crime center Updated: Apr-28-16 1:59 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The auditor of West Virginia will be the next president and CEO of the National White Collar Crime Center in Richmond, Virginia.
- Medical examiner: 2-year-old girl died from dehydration Updated: Apr-27-16 12:21 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Richmond officials say a 2-year-old who police believe was killed by her stepmother died from dehydration.
- Police: Man chokes Uber driver on I-95 in Chesterfield Updated: Apr-26-16 11:03 am
CHESTERFIELD, Virginia - A Massachusetts man is behind bars in Virginia after police say he choked an Uber driver on Interstate 95 in Chesterfield.
- $125M road resurfacing effort to begin in Richmond area Updated: Apr-25-16 6:32 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Richmond area residents will soon have a smoother ride to work.
- Stewart says he won't hold tongue on safety concerns Updated: Apr-24-16 6:15 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - NASCAR driver and car owner Tony Stewart says he's not going to keep quiet when he has safety concerns.
- Edwards passes Kyle Busch on last lap to win at Richmond Updated: Apr-24-16 6:12 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Carl Edwards had been grinding for 30 laps, doing everything he could to catch Joe Gibbs Racing teammate Kyle Busch in a two-way breakaway from the pack at Richmond International Raceway.
- Earnhardt wins NASCAR Xfinity race at Richmond Updated: Apr-23-16 4:58 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Dale Earnhardt Jr. dominated all day and regained the lead on a late restart to win the NASCAR Xfinity Series race at Richmond International Raceway on Saturday, earning his 24th career victory in the series and first in more than six years.
- Virginas broadcast winners list Updated: Apr-23-16 4:22 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Winners have been announced in the Virginias Associated Press Broadcasters 2016 contest.
- Roanoke anchor John Carlin wins Gallimore award Updated: Apr-23-16 4:08 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - John Carlin, who anchors four news programs each day for Roanoke station WSLS-TV, is the recipient of this year's AP Robert Gallimore Distinguished Service Award.
- Richmond shop thriving with American products and throwbacks Updated: Apr-23-16 12:10 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Church Hill corner store owner Drew Dayberry, 30, wears overalls to work and is a model of old-fashioned hospitality.
- Harvick wins pole on rainy day at Richmond Updated: Apr-22-16 6:08 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Rain washed out qualifying at Richmond International Raceway on Friday, giving Kevin Harvick the pole position Sunday for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race based on being the fastest in an abbreviated morning practice session.
- Tony Stewart cleared to race, will be in car at Richmond Updated: Apr-21-16 6:07 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Tony Stewart has been cleared to return to racing and will be back in his car Friday at Richmond International Raceway.
- McAuliffe confidante running for Richmond mayor Updated: Apr-21-16 12:10 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A top confidante of Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe is running for mayor of Richmond.
- Top lawmaker: North Carolina rights law will stay in place Updated: Apr-20-16 7:55 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A North Carolina legislative leader said Wednesday he doesn't see the need to repeal or revise a law that limits protections for the LGBT community.
- Lawmakers fail to override key vetoes Updated: Apr-20-16 6:52 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia Republican lawmakers failed to override several of Democratic Gov. Terry McAuliffe's vetoes Wednesday on coal-related tax credits, legislation related to clergy opposed to same-sex marriage and other issues.
- Lawmaker sues Va. attorney general over unmet request Updated: Apr-20-16 4:35 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A Virginia lawmaker is suing the state attorney general for not providing a written opinion requested seven months ago.
- The Latest: Senate upholds Civil War monuments bill veto Updated: Apr-20-16 2:29 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Latest on the Virginia General Assembly's consideration on Gov. Terry McAuliffe's vetoes and amendments to legislation passed earlier this year (all times local):
- Police: Man believed to be linked to heroin deaths arrested Updated: Apr-20-16 5:05 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - A Richmond man who police believe may be linked to several heroin-related overdose deaths has been arrested.
- Virginia marks 9th anniversary of Tech shooting Updated: Apr-16-16 6:05 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia is marking the ninth anniversary of the shooting at Virginia Tech.
- Va. secretary of commonwealth resigns Updated: Apr-15-16 12:41 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia's secretary of the commonwealth is resigning.
- Richmond's YWCA and Children's Museum start preschool Updated: Apr-15-16 12:41 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The YWCA of Richmond and the Children's Museum of Richmond are working together to create a mixed-income preschool option called The Sprout School.