- U. of Richmond suspends fraternity for policy violations Updated: Jul-26-15 12:59 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Sigma Alpha Epsilon's chapter at the University of Richmond has been indefinitely suspended for violating the school's policies.
- Suspect in Va. slaying found in British Virginia Islands Updated: Jul-24-15 3:41 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The suspect in the November 2014 slaying of a woman in Richmond has been arrested in Tortola, British Virgin Islands.
- Sheriff: 1 of 3 recent Richmond jail deaths was natural Updated: Jul-22-15 8:17 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Richmond Sheriff C.T. Woody Jr. says one of three recent inmate deaths at the city jail was due to natural causes.
- Va. unemployment rate holds steady at 4.9 percent in June Updated: Jul-21-15 1:56 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate held steady at 4.9 percent in June.
- Bankrupt Patriot Coal asks judge to change retiree benefits Updated: Jul-21-15 10:41 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Patriot Coal wants a bankruptcy judge's permission to reject the company's collective bargaining agreement with union miners and change retirees' health care benefits.
- Capital city craft brewer to expand, create 50-plus jobs Updated: Jul-20-15 2:35 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A craft brewery in Richmond is expanding, creating 56 jobs in the process.
- Nearly 400 expected to attend Va. education conference Updated: Jul-20-15 2:10 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Nearly 400 Virginia school board members, superintendents and others are expected to attend an annual education conference in Richmond.
- Students excavate site of freed slave community in Henrico Updated: Jul-18-15 10:04 am
VARINA, Virginia - Some Richmond high school students are among the first to discover the artifacts on a historic property in eastern Henrico County owned by a group of African-Americans freed in the 1700s.
- Cumming antique collector's cannonball detonated Updated: Jul-18-15 9:05 am
CUMMING, Georgia - Antiquing may not be the first answer when thinking of jobs that come with existential dangers, but when a Cumming woman unknowingly brought a live cannonball into her home last week, that's exactly what the situation exploded into.
- Dominion workers give big to sponsor of company-backed bill Updated: Jul-17-15 11:07 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Employees of Dominion Resources Inc., which owns Virginia's largest electric utility, are giving big to the campaign of a state lawmaker who sponsored Dominion-friendly legislation earlier this year.
- Former Va. youth coach pleads guilty to child exploitation Updated: Jul-16-15 4:34 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A former Henrico County youth coach has pleaded guilty to participating in a child exploitation enterprise.
- Southern heritage group gathers for convention in Va. Updated: Jul-16-15 2:04 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - A Southern heritage group that is fighting to keep the Confederate battle flag on Virginia license plates is holding its annual convention in the former capital of the Confederacy.
- Imprisoned Va. developer's mansion sells at auction Updated: Jul-15-15 12:03 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A mansion owned by a Richmond developer imprisoned for fraud has sold at auction for $1.5 million.
- Chesapeake Bay lawsuit aimed at cows in streams rejected Updated: Jul-14-15 4:40 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A lawsuit aimed at keeping cattle out of Virginia streams that feed into the Chesapeake Bay has been rejected by a Circuit Court judge in Richmond.
- Fredericksburg man gets 65-month investment fraud sentence Updated: Jul-13-15 5:42 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A Fredericksburg man was sentenced Monday to more than five years in prison for misappropriating millions of dollars from people who thought they were investing in an office park.
- Plane runs off Richmond airport taxiway; no injuries Updated: Jul-13-15 9:43 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Southwest Airlines says one of its planes veered off the taxiway after landing at Richmond International Airport in Virginia.
- Plane runs off Richmond airport taxiway; no injuries Updated: Jul-13-15 8:51 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Southwest Airlines says one of its planes veered off the taxiway after landing at Richmond International Airport.
- Tree planting grants available in metro Richmond area Updated: Jul-13-15 2:10 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Richmond Urban Canopy Tree Initiative is offering matching grants in the metro Richmond area to support tree plantings.
- More than 1,000 attend Carter book signing in Henrico Updated: Jul-11-15 4:17 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - More than 1,000 people attended a book signing by former President Jimmy Carter in Henrico County.
- Richmond police: 2 killed when hit by train Updated: Jul-11-15 2:22 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Police in Richmond, Virginia, say two people were killed when they were hit by a train.
- Richmond police: 2 killed when hit by train Updated: Jul-11-15 12:49 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Richmond police say two people were killed when they were hit by a train.
- Undergraduate medical students treat homeless people's feet Updated: Jul-11-15 10:01 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Meriam Macauley, a pre-dental student at Rutgers University, touched a thin, flexible fiber to points on the bottom of Ernest Wright's freshly washed and dried feet. She was doing a screening test to see if he'd lost any feeling.
- Appeals court upholds former Virginia governor's convictions Updated: Jul-10-15 3:09 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A federal appeals panel upheld former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell's public corruption convictions Friday, rejecting his claim that he only extended routine political courtesies to a wealthy businessman who showered him and his family with expensive gifts and five-figure loans.
- Va. law takes new tack in fight against prostitution Updated: Jul-10-15 5:07 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Authorities in suburban Richmond say they have made an arrest under a new state law that shifts prosecution to the people who profit from the sale of sex.
- Man's body recovered after pickup goes into James River Updated: Jul-09-15 8:17 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Divers have recovered the body of a man from a pickup truck that went into the James River in Richmond.