- Dolphin calf born at Marineland dies Updated: Jul-30-15 5:40 am
MARINELAND, Florida - A dolphin born earlier this month at Marineland Dolphin Adventure has died.
- Shark bites Daytona Beach surfer Updated: Jul-27-15 3:04 am
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Authorities say a shark has bitten a surfer on the foot at Daytona Beach.
- Mother of founders of The Allman Brothers Band dies at 98 Updated: Jul-26-15 12:50 pm
DAYTONA BEACH SHORES, Florida - The mother of the founding members of The Allman Brothers Band has died in Florida at the age of 98.
- UCF offers loan forgiveness for doctoral nursing program Updated: Jul-24-15 1:29 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - The University of Central Florida is offering nurses seeking a doctorate degree a loan forgiveness opportunity.
- Chinese LPGA Tour event will not be played this year Updated: Jul-23-15 4:52 pm
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - The Reignwood Pine Valley LPGA Classic will not be played this year, leaving China with one tour event this season.
- Volusia County beach-driving ban ups property values Updated: Jul-19-15 3:08 pm
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Daytona Beach is famous for allowing drivers to cruise its sand-packed shoreline, but real estate experts say getting cars off the beach could raise property values.
- Daytona Beach World War II veteran honored Updated: Jul-18-15 2:53 pm
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - A curious health center employee has uncovered a resident's World War II service and is making sure the 93 year old is recognized for his sacrifice.
- Wife walks to raise awareness of Afghanistan war Updated: Jul-18-15 2:23 pm
ORMOND BEACH, Florida - The wife of one Florida soldier stationed in Afghanistan is inspiring others to support and remember the troops.
- Florida man sentenced to 2 life terms in kidnapping case Updated: Jul-16-15 5:52 am
BUNNELL, Florida - A central Florida man was sentenced to two counts of life in prison for kidnapping, burglarizing and seriously injuring a food delivery driver.
- Teen faces 20 years in DUI case that killed 16-yr-old cousin Updated: Jul-15-15 5:05 am
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - A Florida teen is facing up to 20 years in prison for charges related to the DUI death of his 16-year-old cousin.
- Homeless man accused of taking Daytona Beach advocate's van Updated: Jul-14-15 9:37 am
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Authorities say a homeless man carjacked a vehicle belonging to an advocate who was passing out water to needy people in a Daytona Beach neighborhood.
- Florida man pleads no contest in fatal beach crash Updated: Jul-13-15 4:42 pm
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - A Florida man has pleaded no contest to DUI manslaughter in the death of a North Carolina woman on a beach last year.
- 4-year-old Florida boy found unconscious inside vehicle Updated: Jul-13-15 6:22 am
PALM COAST, Florida - A 4-year-old boy is in serious condition after officials found him unconscious inside a vehicle in central Florida.
- Brush fire causes shutdowns on I-95 Updated: Jul-10-15 8:02 pm
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Officials say dry weather sparked a fire that led to shutdowns on Interstate 95 in central Florida.
- After days of pain, woman finds she was hit with bullet Updated: Jul-10-15 5:26 pm
DELAND, Florida - A Florida woman says she was shot in the leg while sitting at a cafÃ© on Independence Day, but she didn't realize it until doctors found the bullet five days later.
- Woman who was shot celebrating July 4 finds out days later Updated: Jul-10-15 4:01 pm
DELAND, Florida - A central Florida woman says she was shot in the leg while celebrating Independence Day but didn't know it until doctors found the bullet days later.
- Sea turtle nesting up along Atlantic beaches Updated: Jul-10-15 8:46 am
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Sea turtle nesting is up along the beaches of Volusia and Flagler counties and those who monitor them are also dealing with a rising number of challenges with beachgoers.
- Frightening Daytona wreck puts NASCAR safety in spotlight Updated: Jul-06-15 9:51 pm
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Riding bumper-to-bumper at nearly 200 mph, Austin Dillon was smack in the middle of a pack of cars headed to the checkered flag when he was suddenly sent on the ride of his life.
- Man threatens pastor during Daytona Beach church service Updated: Jul-06-15 5:26 am
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Members of a Daytona Beach church got a scare when a man threatened their pastor during Sunday services.
- Earnhardt wins rain-delayed Daytona ahead of Dillon's crash Updated: Jul-06-15 4:10 am
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - A horrific last-lap accident that left drivers fearing for Austin Dillon's safety muted Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s victory in the rain-delayed race at Daytona International Speedway.
- Kyle Busch brushes wall in 1st Daytona race since crash Updated: Jul-06-15 3:19 am
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Kyle Busch hit another wall at Daytona International Speedway.
- NASCAR fans defend, display Confederate flags at Daytona Updated: Jul-05-15 1:35 pm
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Steven Rebenstorf has numerous flags flying atop his canopy tent inside Daytona International Speedway.
- Austin Dillon wins Xfinity Series race at Daytona Updated: Jul-04-15 11:35 pm
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Austin Dillon once stood in victory lane at Daytona International Speedway celebrating a Dale Earnhardt win with his grandfather and wondering if he would ever make it back to commemorate his own achievement.
- NASCAR meets with driver council for 2nd time about rules Updated: Jul-04-15 9:47 pm
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - The newly formed driver council met with NASCAR for a second time Saturday and it may have led to a new rules package for upcoming races at Indianapolis and Michigan.
- NASCAR driver Kyle Busch wants grass removed from tracks Updated: Jul-04-15 7:23 pm
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Kyle Busch has become the unwitting poster boy for NASCAR safety improvements.