- Fort Wayne building portable ice rink to replace pond Updated: Dec-01-15 3:45 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Fort Wayne officials may have closed a popular ice skating pond. But that doesn't mean they are doing away with the wintertime activity altogether.
- Defense leads Fort Wayne Bishop Dwenger to 4A title Updated: Nov-28-15 8:43 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Frank Yanko and Bishop Dwenger shut down Lucas Patton on their way to a 27-3 victory over East Central in the Class 4A title game at Lucas Oil Stadium on Saturday.
- Fort Wayne Snider edges New Palestine for Class 5A title Updated: Nov-28-15 12:15 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The Class 5A football title matchup on Friday night was as billed and more - two of the state's most prolific offenses shattering records and turning what was an early blowout into one of the most memorable finishes in Indiana finals history.
- Coach's cancer diagnosis gives Dwenger added incentive Updated: Nov-25-15 5:56 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Fort Wayne Dwenger has some added motivation for the IHSAA football state finals on Saturday.
- Asian carp barrier nearly done at northeast Indiana wetland Updated: Nov-25-15 4:05 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - A nearly 2-mile-long earthen berm through a northeastern Indiana marsh that's designed to keep Asian carp from entering the Great Lakes is almost complete, months after heavy rains temporarily halted the project.
- IPFW roars past SIU-Edwardsville in 1st half, wins 87-67 Updated: Nov-21-15 6:05 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Joe Reed scored 20 points, Max Landis knocked down 7 of 10 shots from distance to finished with a 19 points and Indiana-Purdue-Fort Wayne built a 16-point lead in the first half and cruised to an 87-67 win over Southern Illinois-Edwardsville Saturday afternoon
- 3 Indiana mayors sign letter supporting Syrian refugees Updated: Nov-20-15 9:55 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Three Indiana mayors are among 62 U.S. mayors who've signed an open letter supporting the resettlement of Syrian refugees in the United States.
- Indiana man gets 65 years in mother-in-law's slaying Updated: Nov-20-15 6:37 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - A northeastern Indiana man convicted in his mother-in-law's fatal stabbing has been sentenced to 65 years in prison.
- Allen County settles suit over length of detainments at jail Updated: Nov-20-15 12:02 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Allen County leaders have approved a roughly $638,000 settlement of a class-action lawsuit claiming 962 people were detained too long in the county jail.
- Manchester University to offer master's in pharmacogenomics Updated: Nov-17-15 4:01 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Manchester University in Fort Wayne has announced it will offer a master's degree in pharmacogenomics (FAR-ma-ko-je-no-miks).
- IPFW pulls away from Manchester in 1st half of 85-53 win Updated: Nov-16-15 11:54 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Max Landis scored 14 points, DeAngelo Stewart added 13 and IPFW beat Division III Manchester 85-53 on Monday night.
- Hotel fire in Fort Wayne forces guests to move Updated: Nov-16-15 10:47 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Fire crews have responded to a fire at a hotel on the north side of Fort Wayne.
- Renovations on Embassy Theatre should be finished by March Updated: Nov-16-15 5:06 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Renovations at the Embassy Theatre and the Indiana Hotel are on schedule for the expansion to open in early March.
- Fort Wayne air base making push for new fighter jet squadron Updated: Nov-15-15 11:11 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - An Air National Guard fighter wing based in Fort Wayne is working to house a squadron of new F-35 fighter jets.
- Group to seek public input on vacant GE campus in Fort Wayne Updated: Nov-13-15 12:58 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - A group of citizens working to figure out what to do with General Electric's vacant Fort Wayne campus is set to seek input from the community.
- Teacher, diocese file motions to dismiss discrimination suit Updated: Nov-11-15 12:23 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Both the Roman Catholic Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend and a former teacher who was fired after undergoing in vitro fertilization treatments have filed motions to dismiss a lawsuit.
- Couple's home doubles as bat cave for rescued animals Updated: Nov-09-15 2:29 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - The mailbox on Chapman Road is like no other: painted bright yellow with black flying bats.
- Decatur leads regional push for historic US 27 Updated: Nov-09-15 4:01 am
DECATUR, Indiana - Before the interstate system, U.S. 27 took travelers from St. Ignace, in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, through Decatur, Indiana to Miami, Florida.
- Future uncertain for Fort Wayne whistleblower Updated: Nov-08-15 12:20 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - A Fort Wayne whistleblower says his future remains uncertain after his release of videos that show political misconduct in the city's clerk's office.
- Hogsett wins by wide margin to be next Indianapolis mayor Updated: Nov-03-15 10:11 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Democrat Joe Hogsett was elected to become the 49th mayor of Indianapolis, cruising to an easy victory on a Tuesday election night that overwhelmingly favored incumbent mayors in other big cities across Indiana.
- The Latest: Evansville mayor wins landslide re-election Updated: Nov-03-15 9:44 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The latest developments in Indiana's municipal elections, during which voters are selecting mayors and City Council members around the state (all times local):
- State police asked to probe Fort Wayne city clerk's office Updated: Nov-03-15 2:39 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Indiana State Police say they've been asked to investigate allegations of political misconduct in the Fort Wayne city clerk's office.
- Indiana man gets 8 years for sexual assault of girl at party Updated: Nov-03-15 8:21 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - A northeastern Indiana man convicted of having sex with an unconscious girl at a party has been sentenced to eight years in prison.