- Columbus man who'd held officers at bay is imprisoned Updated: Aug-24-15 12:19 pm
COLUMBUS, Nebraska - A 24-year-old man arrested after a five-hour standoff with officers in Columbus has been sentenced for several crimes.
- Columbus City Council upholds eviction of parrots from town Updated: Aug-08-15 7:34 pm
COLUMBUS, Nebraska - The Columbus City Council has upheld the eviction of a pair of noisy pet parrots from the city, despite pleas from the birds' owners for their return.
- Call center closing to cost Columbus nearly 300 jobs Updated: Aug-05-15 10:46 am
COLUMBUS, Nebraska - Nearly 300 jobs will be lost when Apogee Retail closes its call center in Columbus as part of a company consolidation, officials said.
- Man sentenced to probation in Nebraska building scam Updated: Aug-05-15 9:10 am
COLUMBUS, Nebraska - A Colorado contractor has been sentenced to probation and ordered to pay restitution for agreeing to erect a steel building in Nebraska's Platte County but skipping town with the $18,000 down payment.
- Lightning strike forces closure of Columbus Aquatic Center Updated: Aug-04-15 10:26 am
COLUMBUS, Nebraska - A lightning strike has forced officials to close the Columbus Aquatic Center for a day.
- Nebraska parents helping daughter live in time she has left Updated: Aug-03-15 1:01 pm
MONROE, Nebraska - A Platte County couple is determined to help their ailing infant daughter live life to the fullest in the little time she may have left.
- Columbus man sentenced to prison for killing grandmother Updated: Aug-01-15 7:17 pm
COLUMBUS, Nebraska - A 20-year-old Columbus man who pleaded no contest to manslaughter for stabbing his grandmother to death last year has been sentenced to up to 20 years in prison.
- Columbus mom takes plea deal, is convicted of child abuse Updated: Jul-31-15 6:31 am
COLUMBUS, Nebraska - A sentencing hearing has been scheduled for a 21-year-old Columbus mother convicted of child abuse.