- Northwest Missouri teen will face reduced murder charge Updated: Aug-22-15 5:45 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - A northwest Missouri prosecutor has reduced the murder charge against a 16-year-old accused of killing his grandparents.
- NFL teams going high-tech in practice with GPS systems Updated: Aug-21-15 12:08 am
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - The pod situated between Alex Smith's shoulder blades is about the size of a deck of cards, so small that the Chiefs quarterback barely notices it when he slips off his pads.
- Chiefs coach Reid intends to stick to practicing alone Updated: Aug-19-15 3:02 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - By the time the Chiefs wrapped up practice last week and headed to their preseason opener in Arizona, it was no surprise that players had grown weary of beating up each other.
- Chiefs' Charcandrick West catching passes, turning heads Updated: Aug-18-15 1:42 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - In an otherwise sloppy training camp practice, little-used running back Charcandrick West gave Chiefs coach Andy Reid a moment to smile.
- St. Joseph council votes to end some court fees Updated: Aug-18-15 8:46 am
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - The St. Joseph City Council has voted to repeal municipal court fees for failing to appear in court and warrant processing.
- Chiefs' Fisher limps off as team resumes training camp Updated: Aug-17-15 7:27 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - The Chiefs have spent all of training camp shuffling their offensive line, trying to use the competition to figure out their best five by the regular season.
- St. Joseph fire officials warn of suspicious fires Updated: Aug-17-15 8:29 am
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - St. Joseph fire officials have issued a warning after two suspicious fires at abandoned, older buildings during the weekend.
- St. Joseph considers ending some court fees Updated: Aug-16-15 11:19 am
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - The St. Joseph City Council is considering an ordinance to end some court fees because of concerns that they're no longer allowed under legislation passed in response to last year's police shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson.
- Woman faces upgraded charges in fatal stabbing Updated: Aug-15-15 5:44 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - A Kansas woman faces an upgraded charge in the stabbing death of a man whose body was dumped in a river in northwest Missouri.
- Chiefs safety Eric Berry preparing to play preseason opener Updated: Aug-13-15 12:44 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - Kansas City Chiefs safety Eric Berry is ready to step back onto the field for a real game. Well, as real as the preseason gets.
- St. Joseph schools receives 5th federal subpoena Updated: Aug-13-15 11:19 am
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - The St. Joseph School District has received a fifth federal subpoena in an investigation into the district's operations.
- Chiefs' Charles laments 'rough' offensive line last season Updated: Aug-12-15 2:29 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - The Chiefs' Jamaal Charles sounded off on the ineptness of his offensive line last season following Wednesday's practice, a rare departure from the normally buttoned-up running back.
- Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon confident in St. Louis as 'NFL city' Updated: Aug-12-15 2:05 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon remains confident in St. Louis as an NFL city, even if Rams owner Stan Kroenke succeeds in moving his franchise back to Los Angeles.
- Kansas City Diocese apologizes to victims of priest abuse Updated: Aug-12-15 10:00 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Catholic Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph has apologized to victims of priest sexual abuse and invited them to a series of prayer services, but some say the move is inadequate and does little to prevent abuse.
- Chiefs hope rare bit of continuity yields success Updated: Aug-11-15 2:17 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - The Kansas City Chiefs churned through four coaches in eight years before Andy Reid arrived, and far more offensive and defensive coordinators. Each of them had varying schemes and ideas, and the result was a hodge-podge of failure.
- Alex Smith asked to carry load on his right shoulder Updated: Aug-10-15 4:16 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - Alex Smith did everything the Kansas City Chiefs asked of him last season.
- Chiefs' Jeremy Maclin misses practice with strained neck Updated: Aug-10-15 12:47 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - Chiefs wide receiver Jeremy Maclin was held out of practice Monday after straining his neck the previous day, putting his availability for their preseason opener in question.
- Chiefs' De'Anthony Thomas hoping to shine at wide receiver Updated: Aug-09-15 4:32 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - There were moments last season when the Chiefs' De'Anthony Thomas resembled the player that rapper Snoop Dogg nicknamed "Black Mamba," a shifty do-everything star renowned for his speed and elusiveness on the Pop Warner playing fields.
- Chiefs waive wide receiver Armon Binns in series of moves Updated: Aug-08-15 8:28 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - The Kansas City Chiefs have waived wide receiver Armon Binns and linebacker Sage Harold and signed offensive tackle Anthony Dima and wide receiver Adam Drake in a series of moves Saturday.
- Still young himself, Chiefs' Kelce forced to be mentor Updated: Aug-07-15 12:51 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce is already getting the hang of being a veteran.
- Chiefs prove willingness to give players second chances Updated: Aug-04-15 1:02 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - The Kansas City Chiefs have demonstrated a willingness under general manager John Dorsey and coach Andy Reid to give players who have run into trouble a second chance.
- Chiefs' Jamaal Charles finally feeling healthy again Updated: Aug-03-15 7:01 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - Jamaal Charles had holes in his shoes on the first day of training camp.
- All eyes on $101 million man as Chiefs' Houston gets to work Updated: Aug-02-15 2:43 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - The massive linebacker with the sweat-drenched biceps insists he never took a day off this offseason, even if he never showed up for one of the Kansas City Chiefs' workouts.
- First practice gives Chiefs cornerbacks chance to shine Updated: Aug-01-15 7:03 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - There was already going to be plenty of competition for one of the starting cornerback jobs in Kansas City, even before the Chiefs learned Sean Smith would be suspended for the first three games of the regular season.
- Chiefs veterans return to Missouri Western for training camp Updated: Jul-31-15 3:12 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - Derrick Johnson and Mike DeVito made it through all of training camp last season, through the long practices and insufferable heat on the campus of Missouri Western State University.