- Canadian convoy waits for dawn, hoping to flee wildfire zone Updated: May-06-16 7:03 am
FORT MCMURRAY, Alberta - Canadian officials waited for dawn Friday to see whether it will be safe for a convoy of evacuees to get out of the fire-ravaged Fort McMurray area.
- Canada evacuating 8,000 wildfire evacuees by air Updated: May-05-16 11:09 pm
FORT MCMURRAY, Alberta - Canadian officials will start moving thousands of people from work camps north of devastated Fort McMurray in a mass highway convoy Friday morning if it is safe from a massive wildfire raging in Alberta.
- NHL, Oilers, Flames each donating $100,000 to Fort McMurray Updated: May-05-16 6:16 pm
- Blues' Upshall, Hitchcock keep nervous eye on Canadian fire Updated: May-04-16 5:39 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Blues forward Scottie Upshall has numerous family members who live in Fort McMurray, Alberta, including a brother and his fiancee, plus aunts, uncles and nieces.
- McDavid among finalists for Calder Trophy as NHL top rookie Updated: May-02-16 8:40 pm
NEW YORK - Edmonton forward Connor McDavid, Philadelphia defenseman Shayne Gostisbehere and Chicago forward Artemi Panarin are the finalists for the Calder Trophy for the NHL's top rookie.
- Last-place Leafs win NHL draft lottery; Jets jump to 2nd Updated: Apr-30-16 9:58 pm
Brendan Shanahan went online to try the NHL draft lottery simulator just once, and was excited to see the Toronto Maple Leafs win the first pick.
- Etem scores shootout winner as Canucks beat Oilers 4-3 Updated: Apr-10-16 2:57 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - If this was Alexandre Burrows' last game for the Vancouver Canucks, he went out on his own terms.
- Oilers sign Caleb Jones to 3-year entry level contract Updated: Apr-07-16 6:19 pm
EDMONTON, Alberta - The Edmonton Oilers signed defenseman Caleb Jones to a three-year entry level contract Thursday.
- Blue Jackets rout Maple Leafs 5-1 Updated: Apr-06-16 11:52 pm
- Oilers rout Canucks 6-2 in final game at Rexall Place Updated: Apr-06-16 10:56 pm
EDMONTON, Alberta - The Edmonton Oilers gave their fans something to cheer about in their final home game of the regular season.