- Wild's Parise rehabbing back injury without surgery Updated: May-26-16 6:01 pm
EDINA, Minnesota - Minnesota Wild left wing Zach Parise has been rehabilitating his back injury without surgery, putting him on track to be at full strength by September.
- 40 Oregon firefighters leave to fight giant blaze in Canada Updated: May-26-16 3:22 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Forty firefighters from central Oregon have been sent to help battle a wildfire in Canada that has destroyed parts of Fort McMurray in Alberta.
- Reed Deer beats Brandon 2-1 in OT in Memorial Cup Updated: May-25-16 11:38 pm
RED DEER, Alberta - Evan Polei scored at 3:50 of overtime to give the host Red Deer Rebels a 2-1 victory over the Brandon Wheat Kings on Wednesday night in the Memorial Cup junior hockey tournament.
- 1st US firefighters head to Canada to help attack huge blaze Updated: May-25-16 4:42 pm
BOISE, Idaho - For the first time, U.S. officials have sent firefighters to help battle a giant blaze in Canada that has destroyed parts of Fort McMurray in Alberta.
- Judge finds man not find criminally responsible in killing 5 Updated: May-25-16 3:51 pm
CALGARY, Alberta - A Canadian man was found not criminally responsible Wednesday for killing five people in a 2014 stabbing rampage.
- Bank of Canada: Economy will shrink due to Alberta wildfires Updated: May-25-16 1:02 pm
TORONTO - Canada's central bank said Wednesday the Canadian economy will shrink in the second quarter because of Alberta's devastating wildfires, which shut down its oil sands production.
- Firefighters from US, South Africa to arrive in Alberta Updated: May-24-16 2:29 pm
EDMONTON, Alberta - Officials say about 1,000 additional fire crews from across Canada, the United States and South Africa will be joining the fight this week against a massive wildfire near Fort McMurray.
- Woman who died in BASE jump accident had hole in parachute Updated: May-22-16 3:35 pm
TWIN FALLS, Idaho - A Canadian BASE jumper's death has been ruled an accident, and investigators say they found a hole in her pilot chute.
- Western Hockey League Champions Updated: May-14-16 1:40 am
Western Hockey League champions
- Capitals assistant Reirden a 'future head coach' in the NHL Updated: May-13-16 2:42 pm
ARLINGTON, Virginia - Todd Reirden's road to coaching started as a journeyman defenseman playing in the minors for Todd McLellan's Houston Aeros during the 2004-05 NHL lockout.
- MSU linebacker Alex Singleton drafted by Calgary Stampeders Updated: May-11-16 12:45 pm
- Mixture of loss, hope for Canadian town hit by wildfire Updated: May-10-16 7:06 pm
FORT MCMURRAY, Alberta - Charred bicycles lean on a fence in front of incinerated townhomes. Just across the street, a school and playground are untouched.
- It's not just Alberta: Warming-fueled fires are increasing Updated: May-10-16 5:17 pm
WASHINGTON - Alberta's unusually early and large fire is just the latest of many gargantuan fires on an Earth that's grown hotter with more extreme weather.
- UND's Caggiula signs contract with NHL's Edmonton Oilers Updated: May-09-16 11:48 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - University of North Dakota hockey standout Drake Caggiula has signed a two-year, entry-level contract with the NHL's Edmonton Oilers.
- Staff at Alberta school get students safely out of wildfire Updated: May-08-16 6:15 pm
FORT MCMURRAY, Alberta - Laura Dennis says the swift growth of the Alberta wildfire left her with little choice but to get 70 elementary school kids out of harm's way before official evacuation procedures could get started.
- The Latest: Alberta officials optimistic now on fire Updated: May-08-16 3:25 pm
EDMONTON, Alberta - The latest on Canada's massive wildfire in Alberta. (All times local).
- Wildfire evacuees get supplies, support at evacuation center Updated: May-07-16 4:59 pm
LAC LA BICHE, Alberta - A community recreation center has become a lifeline for thousands of evacuees from the massive wildfire raging north of this small city.
- Canadian brewery ships cases of water to wildfire zone Updated: May-06-16 4:38 pm
TORONTO - One of Canada's largest breweries says it is donating up to 200,000 cans of emergency drinking water to firefighters and evacuees affected by the raging wildfires in Fort McMurray, Alberta.
- Fire in Alberta threatens oil production, helps boost price Updated: May-06-16 3:36 pm
The massive wildfire in the heart of Canada's oil country is helping send crude prices higher.
- NHL, Oilers, Flames each donating $100,000 to Fort McMurray Updated: May-05-16 6:16 pm
- NHL coaching carousel 'spinning out of control' Updated: May-05-16 2:53 pm
Bob Hartley watched bosses come and go three times as coach of the Calgary Flames. He will need one more general manager to believe in him to stay in the NHL.
- Blues' Upshall, Hitchcock keep nervous eye on Canadian fire Updated: May-04-16 5:39 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Blues forward Scottie Upshall has numerous family members who live in Fort McMurray, Alberta, including a brother and his fiancee, plus aunts, uncles and nieces.
- Calgary fires Bob Hartley, a season after coach of the year Updated: May-03-16 1:34 pm
CALGARY, Alberta - The Calgary Flames fired Bob Hartley on Tuesday, a season after he was voted the NHL's coach of the year.
- McDavid among finalists for Calder Trophy as NHL top rookie Updated: May-02-16 8:40 pm
NEW YORK - Edmonton forward Connor McDavid, Philadelphia defenseman Shayne Gostisbehere and Chicago forward Artemi Panarin are the finalists for the Calder Trophy for the NHL's top rookie.
- Last-place Leafs win NHL draft lottery; Jets jump to 2nd Updated: Apr-30-16 9:58 pm
Brendan Shanahan went online to try the NHL draft lottery simulator just once, and was excited to see the Toronto Maple Leafs win the first pick.