- Marietta 10th-graders guide fifth-graders in science class Updated: May-29-16 6:11 am
MARIETTA, Georgia - Instead of joining the rest of their classmates and giving their earthworms a mixture of caffeine powder and water to see how it affected the worms, fifth-graders Kathryn Tillis and Madeline Vought got a little creative and gave their earthworm a sip of Coke, then waited for it to react.
- Man arrested in fatal Cobb County apartment shooting Updated: May-26-16 4:16 pm
MARIETTA, Georgia - Police have arrested a Smyrna man suspected in a shooting at a Cobb County apartment complex that killed two men.
- Reward offered in death of woman buried in shallow grave Updated: May-23-16 3:03 pm
DALLAS, Georgia - Authorities are asking for help from the public to solve the murder of a woman whose body was found in a shallow grave in 2013.
- Former GOP chairman arrested on child molestation charges Updated: May-20-16 4:02 pm
MARIETTA, Georgia - A former chairman of the Cobb County Republican Party has been arrested on charges of child molestation.
- Religion news in brief Updated: May-18-16 12:46 pm
Speaker defends nuns over birth control mandate
- Gay choir director claims discrimination by Marietta church Updated: May-17-16 6:59 am
MARIETTA, Georgia - A Marietta church choir director says he was forced to resign from his job because he is gay.
- Police ID woman killed in metro Atlanta road rampage Updated: May-13-16 10:40 am
MARIETTA, Georgia - Police say the pedestrian killed in a hit-and-run crash - part of a road rampage that included two carjackings in metro Atlanta - is 71-year-old Luci James Yarborough Turner of Marietta, Georgia.
- Police arrest woman accused in pedestrian death, carjackings Updated: May-11-16 5:15 pm
MARIETTA, Georgia - After killing a pedestrian in a hit-and-run collision outside Atlanta, an armed woman attempted a getaway by carjacking two drivers and fleeing roughly 25 miles before police arrested her following another crash, authorities said Wednesday.
- Trial of father in toddler's hot SUV death will be moved Updated: May-02-16 6:41 pm
MARIETTA, Georgia - The trial of a Georgia man accused of intentionally leaving his toddler son in a hot SUV to die will be moved, the judge said Monday, granting a defense request to hold it elsewhere because pretrial publicity has caused potential jurors to form strong opinions about the case.
- The Latest: Judge agrees to move hot SUV death trial Updated: May-02-16 3:15 pm
MARIETTA, Georgia - The Latest on the trial of a Georgia man accused of intentionally leaving his toddler in a hot SUV to die (all times local):