- American forward Bobby Wood joins Union Berlin Updated: Jul-06-15 1:46 pm
BERLIN - American forward Bobby Wood has joined Union Berlin from German second division rival 1860 Munich.
- German court convicts Turkish man of terrorism charges Updated: Jul-06-15 10:23 am
BERLIN - A Berlin court has convicted a 28-year-old Turkish man of supporting a terrorist organization fighting in Syria and sentenced him to two and a half years in prison.
- S. Korean violinist wants border concert with North Korea Updated: Jul-06-15 2:05 am
SEOUL, South Korea - Violinist Won Hyung Joon wants to bring North and South Korean musicians together next month to perform on each side of the world's most heavily armed border. Standing in the way is the rivals' long, frustrating inability to move past their painful shared history.
- 'Candy Bomber' drops sweets from Utah's air for July 4 Updated: Jul-04-15 4:31 pm
OREM, Utah - A pilot who delivered candy to children in Berlin at the end of World War II parachuted sweets down to Orem to celebrate Independence Day.
- Germany wants quick clarification of new NSA spy allegations Updated: Jul-03-15 8:32 am
BERLIN - Germany's foreign minister said Friday that new allegations of U.S. eavesdropping on senior German government officials' telephones need to be clarified "as quickly as possible" and that he hoped Washington would be forthcoming with information.
- Former Auschwitz guard asks God for forgiveness at trial Updated: Jul-01-15 10:59 am
BERLIN - A 94-year-old former SS sergeant who served in Auschwitz testified Wednesday he helped the death camp function in his role sorting cash and valuables seized from Jews after they arrived in cattle-cars.
- Lufthansa to offer Germanwings crash compensation this week Updated: Jun-29-15 12:58 pm
BERLIN - Lufthansa is preparing to make a compensation offer this week to relatives of those who died in the March 24 Germanwings plane crash in the French Alps.
- Queen meets survivors, liberators of former Nazi camp Updated: Jun-26-15 8:01 am
BERLIN - Queen Elizabeth II concluded her three-day state visit to Germany on Friday with a somber visit to Bergen-Belsen, the first former Nazi concentration camp she has visited.
- Serbia denounces Hungary's 'new Berlin Wall' Updated: Jun-25-15 9:57 am
BELGRADE, Serbia - Serbia has denounced Hungary's insistence on building a border fence to stop the flow of illegal migrants and urged the European Union to say whether it will tolerate new man-made divisions on its territory.
- Queen Elizabeth II begins state visit to Germany Updated: Jun-23-15 2:17 pm
BERLIN - Queen Elizabeth II began a state visit to Germany on Tuesday that will include her first trip to a former Nazi concentration camp.
- Al-Jazeera journalist criticizes Germany for his detention Updated: Jun-23-15 9:49 am
BERLIN - An Al-Jazeera journalist temporarily detained in Berlin on an Egyptian arrest warrant is criticizing Germany for taking him into custody.
- Al-Jazeera journalist detained in Berlin has been freed Updated: Jun-22-15 11:58 am
BERLIN - The Al-Jazeera journalist who was detained in Berlin on an Egyptian arrest warrant has been released from custody, and is free to leave the country, Berlin prosecutors said Monday.
- Berlin Philharmonic names Kirill Petrenko as chief conductor Updated: Jun-22-15 9:17 am
BERLIN - The Berlin Philharmonic on Monday named Siberian-born Kirill Petrenko as its next chief conductor - one of the most prestigious jobs in the world of classical music.
- Ukrainian banker wanted by Kiev arrested in Germany Updated: Jun-17-15 9:32 am
BERLIN - German authorities say they have arrested a Ukrainian banker wanted on an international arrest warrant alleging financial crimes in his native country.
- German hospital says quads born to 65-year-old doing well Updated: Jun-17-15 7:41 am
BERLIN - Doctors say quadruplets born prematurely a month ago to a 65-year-old woman in Germany are doing well and gaining weight but one remains on a respirator.
- Senior official says Germany won't be blackmailed by Greece Updated: Jun-14-15 11:49 am
BERLIN - Germany's Economy Minister Sigmar Gabriel says his country won't let itself be blackmailed into a bailout deal with Greece.
- Libyan rivals urged to agree quick power-sharing deal Updated: Jun-10-15 12:27 pm
BERLIN - Libya's rival factions faced strong pressure to agree quickly to a power-sharing deal for the fractured North African country as they met Wednesday in Berlin with officials from world powers.
- Denied under Nazis, 102-year-old Jewish woman gets doctorate Updated: Jun-09-15 10:04 am
BERLIN - Ingeborg Syllm-Rapoport wasn't allowed to defend her doctoral thesis in 1938 under the Nazis because she was part-Jewish. Nearly eight decades later, she became Germany's oldest recipient of a doctorate at age 102 on Tuesday.
- Queen Elizabeth II to visit ex-concentration camp in Germany Updated: Jun-08-15 2:27 pm
LONDON - Queen Elizabeth II will visit a former concentration camp for the first time during her state visit to Germany later this month, Buckingham Palace said Monday.
- Champions League highlights importance of Europe to FIFA Updated: Jun-07-15 2:18 pm
BERLIN - As the powerbrokers of European soccer celebrated their championship weekend and some jokingly congratulated themselves for staying out of jail, many said that the next FIFA president needs to do a better job of listening to the continent that pays most of the bills.
- Things learned from Barcelona's Champions League win Updated: Jun-07-15 2:04 am
BERLIN - Looking ahead to next year's Champions League final: Can the newly crowned champion, Barcelona, defend the European title it won so spectacularly against Juventus?
- Slick Barca cruise past Juventus to win Champions League Updated: Jun-06-15 7:06 pm
BERLIN - Barcelona's mighty attacking trio of Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar won the Champions League on Saturday with a 3-1 victory over Juventus that showed the beauty of fluent and attacking football after days of scandal that have tarnished the sport.
- Luis Suarez scores decisive goal, still annoys Updated: Jun-06-15 6:35 pm
BERLIN - Never one to avoid controversy, Luis Suarez came through for Barcelona just when it needed him most.
- The Latest: Barcelona 45 minutes away from CL glory Updated: Jun-06-15 3:51 pm
BERLIN - The Latest from the Champions League final: