- Police: Irate woman waves gun over boneless wing mix-up Updated: Apr-29-16 1:59 pm
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - Police in North Carolina have charged a couple after a fouled-up order of chicken wings apparently prompted a woman to wave a gun inside a restaurant.
- Wilmington restaurant owner honored for heroism Updated: Apr-29-16 4:59 am
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - A New Hanover County restaurant owner is being honored by patrons after he helped pull a woman from her burning car.
- Wilmington convention canceled over North Carolina LGBT law Updated: Apr-27-16 9:53 am
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - Another convention has canceled in North Carolina in protest of the state's new law limiting anti-discrimination protections for the LGBT community.
- State seeks to have teen charged as adult in musician death Updated: Apr-27-16 8:29 am
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - Prosecutors say they will seek to have a 15-year-old boy charged as an adult in stabbing death of a Wilmington musician.
- 4 charged with murder in death of Wilmington man Updated: Apr-23-16 1:33 pm
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - Four people have been charged with first-degree murder in the death of a 55-year-old Wilmington man who was assaulted last month.
- Broadway at Beach restaurant district to resemble warehouses Updated: Apr-22-16 10:43 am
MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - A makeover of the restaurant area at the popular Broadway at the Beach tourist attraction in Myrtle Beach will resemble a warehouse district in a Southern city.
- Man dies after plane makes emergency landing in Wilmington Updated: Apr-22-16 5:58 am
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - A man has died after the JetBlue aircraft he was on made an emergency medical landing at the Wilmington International Airport so that he could be treated.
- Prosecutors want to tell murder case jury about other cases Updated: Apr-18-16 4:00 am
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - Prosecutors will ask a judge to let them tell jurors deciding whether a Wilmington man is guilty of killing a woman whose body has never been found about his past, including a conviction in a previous homicide.
- DA to seek death penalty in Wilmington machete attack Updated: Apr-14-16 6:40 am
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - Prosecutors will seek the death penalty for a man accused of killing his girlfriend and their 20-month-old daughter with a machete outside a Wilmington apartment last year.
- Possible victims sought of man charged with sexual assaults Updated: Apr-12-16 10:28 am
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - Authorities are asking anyone who may have had an encounter with a former Carolina Beach reserve police officer charged with sexually assaulting five women to come forward.
- 1 killed, 1 wounded in exchange of gunfire in Wilmington Updated: Apr-11-16 9:06 am
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - Wilmington police are investigating after one man was killed and a second man wounded in what was apparently an exchange of gunfire at a public housing complex.
- Raleigh Woman struck and killed while talking on I-40 Updated: Apr-07-16 7:19 am
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - Investigators are trying to figure out why a Raleigh woman was walking on a rural section of Interstate 40 when she was struck and killed.
- Human remains found in New Hanover County Updated: Apr-06-16 6:58 am
CASTLE HAYNE, North Carolina - Authorities are investigating after human remains were found near Castle Hayne in New Hanover County.
- Leland assisted living resident charged in death of another Updated: Apr-05-16 5:13 am
LELAND, North Carolina - A 68-year-old resident of a Leland assisted living center has been charged in the death of another man after authorities say the two had a dispute involving the pointing of a cane.
- Castle Hayne man found not guilty of trying to kill deputy Updated: Apr-04-16 4:47 am
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - A Castle Hayne man has been found not guilty of attempted murder after he was accused of trying to kill a New Hanover County sheriff's deputy three years ago.
- Wilmington port seeks federal grant for improvements Updated: Apr-01-16 9:27 am
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - The North Carolina State Ports Authority is seeking a federal grant to pay for improvements to container berths and wharfs in Wilmington.
- Coalition hopes to get more state dollars for NC's beaches Updated: Mar-31-16 9:39 am
CAROLINA BEACH, North Carolina - A group of real estate agents, community leaders and tourism officials is organizing to get an ongoing supply of state money to help maintain North Carolina's beaches.
- Following record year, growth continues at NC ports Updated: Mar-31-16 9:24 am
WIMINGTON, North Carolina - Following a record year in 2015, container volume through North Carolina's ports continues to increase.