- Beach wheelchairs make surf accessible in southeastern NC Updated: Jul-29-15 11:58 am
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - It's much easier now for people who have challenges walking to get to the surf in southeastern North Carolina.
- Auditor: Ousted community college head spent on himself Updated: Jul-28-15 3:41 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The former president of Cape Fear Community College in Wilmington spent nearly $36,000 in vending machine funds on personal expenses and nearly $3,000 extra to operate his leased car, a state audit released Tuesday said.
- NC man not guilty by reason of insanity in dad's death Updated: Jul-28-15 9:07 am
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - A Wilmington man has been found not guilty by reason of insanity in the stabbing death of his father two years ago.
- SBI probes Wilmington's handling of evidence Updated: Jul-24-15 10:10 am
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - The State Bureau of Investigation is looking into how the Wilmington Police Department has handled some evidence.
- 80-plus teens in Wilmington court on trespassing charges Updated: Jul-23-15 9:56 am
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - More than 80 teens piled into a Wilmington courtroom to face trespassing charges after sheriff's deputies thwarted a planned fight last month.
- Wilmington latest Carolinas city to oppose offshore drilling Updated: Jul-22-15 11:03 am
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - Wilmington has become the latest city in the Carolinas to oppose offshore drilling for oil.
- Fort Bragg soldier found dead at beach campground Updated: Jul-21-15 3:34 am
CAROLINA BEACH, North Carolina - Police say a Fort Bragg soldier has been found dead in a Carolina Beach campground.
- Police investigating rare shooting in Kure Beach Updated: Jul-20-15 3:04 am
KURE BEACH, North Carolina - Police in a small North Carolina beachside town are investigating a rare shooting that happened over the weekend.
- Wilmington police seek picture of 1980 homicide victim Updated: Jul-15-15 9:02 am
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - Police in Wilmington are asking the public's help in solving a 35-year-old cold case.
- Carolina Beach party boat crash causes minor injuries Updated: Jul-11-15 1:56 pm
CAROLINA BEACH, North Carolina - A handful of people suffered minor injuries when a party boat crashed into a pier.
- Fort Fisher to continue selling Confederate merchandise Updated: Jul-07-15 4:27 pm
FORT FISHER, North Carolina - Officials at Fort Fisher State Historic Site say its gift shop will continue to sell items displaying the Confederate emblem, but is eliminating stand-alone depictions of the flag, certain clothing and merchandise where the flag can be detached.
- 2 workers injured in fall at Wilmington high school Updated: Jul-02-15 7:19 am
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - Two school maintenance workers have been hurt after they fell from scaffolding at New Hanover High School in Wilmington.
- Red algae a concern in some areas on NC coast Updated: Jun-30-15 9:53 am
FORT FISHER, North Carolina - Red algae are becoming more of a problem along some parts of the North Carolina coast.