- 2 men sentenced for roles in conspiracy that claimed 3 lives Updated: Oct-09-15 5:01 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Two Missouri men have been sentenced for their roles in a drug-trafficking conspiracy that left three people dead during a suburban Kansas City home invasion.
- Police: 2 dead in apparent murder-suicide in Independence Updated: Oct-02-15 3:33 am
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - Independence authorities are investigating after two people were found dead in a home in an apparent murder-suicide.
- Tractor-trailer strikes, kills pedestrian in Blue Springs Updated: Oct-01-15 10:10 am
BLUE SPRINGS, Missouri - An Independence woman has died after walking in front of a tractor-trailer in the Kansas City suburb of Blue Springs.
- Class action lawsuit filed against Iowa Volkswagen dealers Updated: Sep-24-15 5:07 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - A class-action lawsuit has been filed on behalf of anyone who bought diesel-engine Volkswagens in Iowa.
- Independence girl, 17, charged in death of 6-week-old baby Updated: Sep-23-15 4:08 am
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - A 17-year-old girl has been charged in the death of a 6-week-old baby in Independence.
- Homeless man charged in Independence beating death Updated: Sep-22-15 12:01 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - A homeless man has been charged with second-degree murder in the beating death of another man outside an Independence convenience store.
- Body found outside Independence convenience store Updated: Sep-21-15 8:28 am
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - Independence police are investigating the death of a person outside a convenience store.
- Missouri House roll call on right-to-work legislation Updated: Sep-17-15 12:36 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The 96-63 roll call vote Wednesday to override Democratic Gov. Jay Nixon's veto of a measure that would prohibit union contracts with employers that allow the collection of fees from nonmembers, sometimes called right to work. The bill was 13 votes short the two-thirds majority needed to override Nixon and enact right to work.
- Man pleads guilty to role in drug heist that left 3 dead Updated: Sep-11-15 5:01 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A suburban Kansas City man will be sentenced to 27 years in federal prison for his role in a drug-trafficking conspiracy that resulted in the shooting deaths of three people.
- Independence man pleads guilty in fatal home invasion Updated: Sep-11-15 3:42 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - An Independence man has pleaded guilty for his role in a Missouri home invasion robbery that left three people dead.