- Connecticut boy becomes youngest competitor in NASCAR race Updated: Jun-27-15 1:08 am
WATERBURY, Connecticut - After all his painstaking anticipation, it was going to take a lot more than a last-place finish to detract from the exhilaration that North End Middle School eighth-grader Jake "Wild Child" Higginson felt after becoming the youngest competitor ever in a NASCAR-sanctioned race at Stafford Motor Speedway.
- Ex-DMV official pleads guilty to child endangerment charge Updated: Jun-25-15 8:20 am
WATERBURY, Connecticut - A former state deputy motor vehicles commissioner has pleaded guilty to child endangerment in exchange for an eight-year prison term.
- Workers rappel to inspect 240-foot Waterbury clock tower Updated: Jun-19-15 1:35 pm
WATERBURY, Connecticut - Inspectors with a national architectural engineering firm have rappelled down Waterbury's iconic clock tower as they document repairs it may need.
- 6 firefighters injured battling Waterbury blaze Updated: Jun-18-15 5:01 pm
WATERBURY, Connecticut - Waterbury officials say six city firefighters were injured battling a house blaze, including three who were knocked to the ground and suffered minor burns during an explosion.
- Flag to fly at half-staff in honor of late Waterbury officer Updated: Jun-15-15 4:50 pm
WATERBURY, Connecticut - Connecticut's governor has directed that the state flag be lowered to half-staff on the Capitol building in Hartford in honor of Waterbury's late acting deputy police chief, Christopher Corbett.