- Report: Small blaze hits Paris building; no injuries Updated: Apr-29-16 11:44 am
PARIS - French radio says a small blaze broke out in a building under renovation near a major Paris train station.
- French politicians decry violence at Nuit Debout protest Updated: Apr-29-16 8:18 am
PARIS - French politicians are decrying the violence that erupted at the edges of anti-labor reform protests in Paris and other French cities.
- Strikes, protests in France against disputed labor reforms Updated: Apr-28-16 1:17 pm
PARIS - Protesters clashed with police in several French cities Thursday over proposed reforms to the country's labor rules and strikers forced cancellations and delays at two major airports serving Paris.
- Israel rejects French peace effort proposal Updated: Apr-28-16 12:22 pm
JERUSALEM - Israel has rejected a French initiative aimed at restarting peace efforts with the Palestinians, saying direct negotiations are the best way to reach a final agreement between the sides.
- Sanofi makes $9.3 billion bid for American firm Medivation Updated: Apr-28-16 11:49 am
PARIS - Drug maker Sanofi made a $9.3 billion bid for San Francisco pharmaceutical firm Medivation on Thursday, part of the firm's effort to expand its portfolio of cancer treatments.
- Thieves ram Paris Chanel store with car, make off with bags Updated: Apr-28-16 9:18 am
PARIS - French police officers say thieves have driven a vehicle into a Chanel store in central Paris just before dawn, crashing through the boutique's shutters and setting the car ablaze as they made off with an unspecified number of luxury handbags.
- Costs for fan zone security at Euro 2016 to be shared 3 ways Updated: Apr-27-16 5:50 pm
PARIS - Spending on security at fan zones during the European Championship in France will be shared between the host cities, the government and European soccer's ruling body, UEFA.
- Passing security test at Euro 2016 will help 2024 Paris bid Updated: Apr-27-16 3:42 pm
PARIS - Hosting a successful European Championship for soccer fans in June and July would provide further proof that France could stage a safe Olympic Games in Paris in 2024, French Olympic Committee president Denis Masseglia said Wednesday.
- Paris attacks suspect Abdeslam extradited, charged in France Updated: Apr-27-16 3:28 pm
PARIS - The lone known surviving suspect in the Paris attacks was returned Wednesday to the city where Islamic State extremists unleashed a night of mayhem and charged with a host of terrorism offenses, raising hopes that he may be able to help French investigators trace the pathways of IS fighters thought to be hiding out in Europe.
- The Latest: Paris suspect charged with terrorist murders Updated: Apr-27-16 12:38 pm
PARIS - The Latest on Paris attacks (all times local):
- French billionaire to create new art museum in Paris Updated: Apr-27-16 10:34 am
PARIS - The French billionaire and art collector Francois Pinault has announced the creation of a new contemporary art museum in central Paris.
- France train attack hero to speak at Massachusetts college Updated: Apr-26-16 11:22 am
BOSTON - The Oregon National Guardsman who helped thwart a terrorist attack on a Paris-bound train is scheduled to deliver the keynote address at commencement exercises at Boston's Fisher College.
- French company scores huge Australian submarine contract Updated: Apr-26-16 9:51 am
PARIS - Australia's largest-ever defense contract has gone to a French shipbuilder to produce a new generation of submarines, thrilling officials in Paris and inaugurating half a century of close defense cooperation between the nations.
- French rail strike disrupts commuters across the country Updated: Apr-26-16 5:55 am
PARIS - A French rail strike has seriously disrupted train service around the country, canceling a slew of train routes and snarling commutes for hundreds of thousands in Paris and in the provinces.
- France calls on Panama for tax transparency Updated: Apr-25-16 2:22 pm
PARIS - France's finance minister has called on Panama to provide "total transparency" regarding exchange of tax information.
- Rail strike to disrupt French train traffic on Tuesday Updated: Apr-25-16 12:52 pm
PARIS - France's six rail unions have issued a joint call for a one-day strike that is set to disrupt local and national train traffic, but not international lines.
- Nadal sues former French minister who accused him of doping Updated: Apr-25-16 12:24 pm
MADRID - Rafael Nadal filed suit Monday against a former French minister who accused him of doping, saying he needs to defend his integrity and image as an athlete.
- McIlroy will skip WGC event for Open de France in June Updated: Apr-25-16 7:36 am
PARIS - Rory McIlroy will skip the Bridgestone Invitational and instead play at the French Open, a boost for the European Tour during a crowded summer schedule caused by the Olympics.
- French soldier slightly injured in train station attack Updated: Apr-24-16 2:19 pm
PARIS - French police say they are looking for a man who attacked a soldier with a box cutter in the eastern city of Strasbourg.
- French police, protesters clash; 12 arrests in eastern Paris Updated: Apr-23-16 1:25 pm
PARIS - Overnight clashes between French police and about 100 people have led to 12 arrests in eastern Paris.
- 175 states sign landmark Paris deal on climate change Updated: Apr-22-16 6:08 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The historic agreement on climate change marked a major milestone on Friday with a record 175 countries signing on to it on opening day. But world leaders made clear more action is needed, and quickly, to fight a relentless rise in global temperatures.
- The Latest: US says world closer to key goal on climate deal Updated: Apr-22-16 4:52 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The Latest on the U.N. signing ceremony for the Paris Agreement on climate change (all times local):
- Former al-Qaida hostage recounts bitter return to France Updated: Apr-22-16 10:21 am
PARIS - The back of his shorn head still bears a deep scar of his al-Qaida jailers' beatings, although he has regained the weight that sloughed off during more than three years of captivity.
- French minister says Paris meeting for Mideast peace needed Updated: Apr-22-16 7:38 am
PARIS - The French foreign minister has confirmed that Paris will host an international meeting on May 30 to try to restart peace efforts between Palestinians and Israel - even though both sides will be absent.
- Palestinians back French meeting on Israel-Palestinian peace Updated: Apr-21-16 3:49 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The Palestinians said Thursday they strongly support a French initiative to hold a ministerial meeting, probably on May 30, as a first step to an international conference aimed at reviving the long-stalled Israeli-Palestinian peace process.