- Boykin throws 5 TDs, No. 4 TCU blows out Texas 50-7 Updated: Oct-03-15 3:49 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - Trevone Boykin threw five touchdown passes, including four to freshman KaVontae Turpin, and No. 4 TCU rode a 30-point first quarter to a 50-7 rout of Texas on Saturday.
- Drugs derail Oklahoma execution, cast doubt on protocols Updated: Oct-03-15 1:01 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Despite more than a year of painstaking training and preparation to ensure that executions in Oklahoma were performed without a hitch, the state's latest attempt to lethally inject an inmate was thwarted by a last-minute glitch - the wrong drugs were delivered to the prison.
- Cherokee County fights ruling on jail altercation video Updated: Oct-03-15 12:43 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Cherokee County officials are contesting a judge's ruling that jail video recordings involved in an excessive-force civil rights lawsuit were improperly destroyed.
- Tulsa professors work to make edible algae for space travel Updated: Oct-03-15 12:32 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Professors and students at the University of Tulsa are developing a system to help astronauts grow their own food during future space missions.
- Oklahoma County deputy resigns after domestic abuse charge Updated: Oct-03-15 11:04 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - An Oklahoma County sheriff's office corporal has resigned after being charged with a felony in allegedly strangling his live-in girlfriend.
- Oklahoma anti-abortion laws challenged by clinic in Tulsa Updated: Oct-02-15 6:16 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - New Oklahoma anti-abortion laws that ban a second-trimester abortion procedure and increase the waiting period for women seeking an abortion were challenged Friday in a lawsuit filed on behalf of a Tulsa reproductive services clinic.
- Arkansas governor says he's not considering execution delay Updated: Oct-02-15 5:55 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Gov. Asa Hutchinson said he's not considering seeking any delays in Arkansas' executions scheduled for later this month after those in neighboring Oklahoma were halted due to the wrong lethal injection drug being delivered there.
- Oklahoma expected to meet new ozone limits Updated: Oct-02-15 5:20 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma's Department of Environmental Quality says the state is expected to be able to meet tighter ground-level ozone limits that were unveiled by the Environmental Protection Agency this week.
- Indicted sheriff in Oklahoma submits resignation Updated: Oct-02-15 3:47 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - An Oklahoma sheriff indicted following an investigation into his office, which was sparked by a volunteer deputy's killing of an unarmed man, has submitted his letter of resignation.
- 4 charged in man's shooting death at Tulsa convenience store Updated: Oct-02-15 3:01 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Four men have been charged in the shooting death of a man last month at a Tulsa convenience store.
- Wild West: AAC teams embracing offensive football Updated: Oct-02-15 2:40 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Philip Montgomery has experienced more than his share of shootouts in his nearly two decades as a football coach, both on the high school level and later at Houston and Baylor.
- Court denies Oklahoma death row inmate's sanity challenge Updated: Oct-02-15 1:50 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals has denied a death row inmate's request to halt his execution over claims that he is insane and challenges to the state's drug formula.
- Blue Bell plans to restart Texas ice cream plant in months Updated: Oct-02-15 9:01 am
BRENHAM, Texas - Blue Bell plans to restart its main Texas ice cream-making plant in a few months as sales expand following listeria contamination and cleanup.
- Police: 2 students injured in Tulsa school bus collision Updated: Oct-02-15 3:10 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - Authorities say two students have been injured after a Tulsa Public Schools bus carrying six students was struck by another vehicle.
- Attorney: 16-year-old should be granted juvenile status Updated: Oct-01-15 7:03 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - The younger of two brothers charged in the stabbing deaths of their parents and three siblings is challenging the constitutionality of a state law that denies him juvenile or youthful offender status in the case.
- No. 20 Oklahoma St not worried about light rushing attack Updated: Oct-01-15 5:37 pm
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - No. 20 Oklahoma State is coming off a game in which its ground attack gained just 2.2 yards per carry and its top running back's status for this weekend is questionable.
- Judge rules against Osage Nation in wind power lawsuit Updated: Oct-01-15 3:50 pm
PAWHUSKA, Oklahoma - An Oklahoma federal judge has rejected arguments from the Osage Nation and U.S. Interior Department that digging foundations for wind turbines violates tribal mineral rights.
- Oklahoma Supreme Court sets arguments in abortion lawsuit Updated: Oct-01-15 3:49 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Supreme Court has scheduled oral arguments in a lawsuit that challenges a state law that imposes new abortion restrictions.
- The Latest: Oklahoma seeks to delay 3 executions amid probe Updated: Oct-01-15 3:25 pm
McALESTER, Oklahoma - The latest on the confusion over Oklahoma's supply of lethal injection drugs, which prompted Gov. Mary Fallin to issue a last-minute execution stay for Richard Glossip (all times local):
- No. 15 Oklahoma has depth at receiver as Big 12 play begins Updated: Oct-01-15 2:58 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Last year, Oklahoma's passing game was stagnant when Sterling Shepard wasn't involved.
- WVU emphasizes slowing RB Perine is key to beating Oklahoma Updated: Oct-01-15 2:44 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Oklahoma's Samaje Perine rattles teeth, opens eyes and invokes bad memories in would-be tacklers who are left to adjust their helmets and soothe aching muscles.
- Oklahoma Highway Patrol finds body in vehicle's trunk Updated: Oct-01-15 12:45 pm
RANDLETT, Oklahoma - Oklahoma police have discovered a woman's body in a vehicle abandoned on Interstate 44 in Cotton County.
- Cottage Grove making plans for its debut dog park Updated: Oct-01-15 12:04 pm
COTTAGE GROVE, Oregon - At the Lulu's Car Wash he owns on Main Street, Stephen Nisewander noticed that customers would often walk their leashed dogs in the field behind the business while their cars were being washed.
- News briefs from around Kentucky at 1:58 a.m. EDT Updated: Oct-01-15 3:01 am
CHICAGO - The Illinois attorney general's office says a subpoena has been issued in the investigation into Volkswagen.
- Man convicted in death of woman who disappeared in 2007 Updated: Oct-01-15 2:03 am
CORDELL, Oklahoma - A 36-year-old man has been found guilty in the death of a woman who disappeared in Cordell in 2007 and has not been seen since.