- Pope to visit Central African Republic's divided capital Updated: Nov-28-15 11:23 am
BANGUI, Central African Republic - Georgette Dossio mourns a son whose body she can never bury. Sitting on the dirt under a tent of scrap wood and tarp, she is comforted by her neighbors at the airport displaced-persons camp where she has lived for nearly two years.
- Pope Africa plans unchanged, but bodyguard does extra check Updated: Nov-19-15 1:53 pm
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis is going ahead with plans to visit the conflict-wracked Central African Republic, but his top bodyguard is doing an unusual, last-minute on-site survey to determine if security concerns require any changes to the itinerary, the Vatican said Thursday.
- 5,000 flee Central African Republic camp after rebel attack Updated: Nov-11-15 1:57 pm
BANGUI, Central African Republic - U.N. officials say at least five people are dead and thousands have fled a camp for displaced people in Central African Republic after it came under attack by rebel fighters.
- Central African Republic reschedules vote for Dec. 27 Updated: Nov-09-15 4:34 pm
BANGUI, Central African Republic - Authorities in Central African Republic say the first round of voting in a long anticipated election now will take place two weeks later than initially planned.
- Pope still hopes to go to Central African Republic Updated: Nov-01-15 9:56 am
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis expressed hope Sunday he can still visit the Central African Republic this month despite what he called a worrisome flare-up of violence in that conflict-torn country.