- Officials in talks with bidders to remove homeless camps Updated: Nov-30-15 8:26 am
HONOLULU - State officials say they have found private bidders to help clear out more homeless residents who have been camped along the Kakaako shoreline.
- Former MLB player accused of assaulting officer in Waipio Updated: Nov-30-15 8:01 am
HONOLULU - Authorities have arrested a former Major League Baseball player on Oahu for assaulting a police officer.
- Judge: State underfunded Department of Hawaiian Home Lands Updated: Nov-29-15 12:20 pm
HONOLULU - A judge says the state has to appropriate millions of dollars more to fund the Department of Hawaiian Homelands adequately for the first time since at least 1992.
- Hawaii-based longline fishermen allowed to keep catching ahi Updated: Nov-27-15 10:51 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii-based longline fishermen have exhausted multiple catch limits for ahi this year, but federal regulators said Friday a new agreement will ensure the fish will be available in the state through the holidays.
- State high court ousts breath test evidence in DUI case Updated: Nov-26-15 12:38 pm
HONOLULU - DUI cases may be impacted by a state Supreme Court decision that ousted a defendant's breath test as evidence.
- Motorcyclist who suffered brain damage gets $1.3M settlement Updated: Nov-25-15 11:56 am
HONOLULU - A federal judge has approved a $1.3 million settlement in a lawsuit filed by a motorcyclist who suffered permanent brain injury in a 2012 collision in Honolulu.
- Dallas-Hawaii flight diverts to LAX after mechanical warning Updated: Nov-24-15 2:54 pm
LOS ANGELES - American Airlines says a flight from Dallas to Honolulu made an emergency landing in Los Angeles after a mechanical warning on the Boeing 767.
- Hawaii awarded for improved food stamp processing Updated: Nov-23-15 9:18 am
HONOLULU - The U.S. Department of Agriculture has awarded Hawaii more than $660,000 for expediting its review of applications for the federal food stamp program.
- James Lagier, former AP bureau chief, has died Updated: Nov-21-15 5:03 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - James C. Lagier, a former Associated Press bureau chief in the U.S. and Japan whose four-decade career included covering nuclear tests in the Pacific, filing the bulletin on Robert F. Kennedy's death and overseeing AP's reporting of the 1995 Kobe earthquake that killed more than 6,000 people, has died.
- Cab driver guilty of sexually assaulting passenger Updated: Nov-21-15 1:30 pm
HONOLULU - A cab driver is facing up to 10 years in prison for sexually assaulting a passenger, with another case on similar charges yet to go to trial.
- University of Hawaii's athletic director creates budget plan Updated: Nov-20-15 8:44 am
HONOLULU - University of Hawaii's athletic director is looking to improve his department's fiscal situation in order to reach a balanced budget.
- Study: Honolulu has more homeless than any small US city Updated: Nov-19-15 11:10 pm
HONOLULU - A new study said Thursday that Honolulu has the largest number of homeless people of any small U.S. city, underscoring the seriousness of Hawaii's homeless problem.
- Honolulu agrees to enforcement changes for homeless sweeps Updated: Nov-19-15 10:55 pm
HONOLULU - Lawyers for the American Civil Liberties Union say Honolulu officials are agreeing to change how the city handles personal belongings during sweeps of homeless encampments.
- Honolulu officials approves tax extension for rail project Updated: Nov-19-15 9:43 am
HONOLULU - Honolulu officials have approved a bill that would extend a tax surcharge to pay for the $6.57 billion rail project.
- Allegiant Air to end Hawaii service in 2016 Updated: Nov-18-15 10:06 am
HONOLULU - Las Vegas-based Allegiant Air has announced it will no longer provide service between the U.S. mainland and Hawaii.
- State cuts ties with Waikiki Landing project developer Updated: Nov-11-15 10:42 am
HONOLULU - The state is pulling its contract with the developer of the planned Waikiki Landing for nonpayment of more than $500,000 and a $1 million performance bond.
- Man receives life sentence in 2013 dismembered body case Updated: Nov-10-15 9:59 am
HONOLULU - A man charged in the death of a man whose body was found dismembered in an Oahu ravine has been sentenced to life in prison.
- Prosecutor: Soldier accused of killing wife met lover online Updated: Nov-09-15 4:20 pm
HONOLULU - The Army medic in Honolulu accused of conspiring with his lover to kill his wife met the other woman online, a federal prosecutor said Monday.
- UH-Manoa report shows sex assault cases unchanged in 2014 Updated: Nov-09-15 8:36 am
HONOLULU - A newly released report says the number of forcible sex offenses on the University of Hawaii at Manoa campus remained unchanged in 2014 compared to the previous year.
- Homelessness in Hawaii grows, defying image of paradise Updated: Nov-08-15 1:57 pm
HONOLULU - Two days before the city planned to dismantle her sidewalk home, Kionina Kaneso had no idea where she and her daughter and grandchildren would sleep.
- Oahu jail module undergoing bedbug treatment Updated: Nov-06-15 2:21 pm
HONOLULU - Officials are trying to prevent bedbugs from infesting an Oahu jail.
- Carter checks on lab effort to ID airman lost in Asia Updated: Nov-05-15 10:54 pm
HONOLULU - Defense Secretary Ash Carter on Thursday toured a forensics laboratory that is trying to positively identify human remains which, just hours earlier in Malaysia, he had saluted as they were returned to U.S. custody.
- Waikiki bank robber allegedly gave teller his name Updated: Nov-05-15 11:08 am
HONOLULU - Authorities say a man accused of robbing a Waikiki bank revealed his identity to the teller during the heist.
- Former UH football coach to apply for job opening Updated: Nov-04-15 10:13 am
HONOLULU - The winningest coach in University of Hawaii football history wants his job back following the recent firing of head coach Norm Chow.
- Hawaii rocket carrying satellite fails after takeoff Updated: Nov-04-15 9:38 am
HONOLULU - Hawaii's first satellite crashed back down to Earth shortly after liftoff when a rocket failed.