- Honolulu fence to deter homeless camps blocks fire hydrant Updated: Oct-03-15 11:44 am
HONOLULU - A new fence along the Kapalama Canal in Honolulu designed to deter homeless encampments could also cause problems for firefighters.
- Honolulu to clear center of Kakaako homeless camp next week Updated: Oct-02-15 11:56 pm
HONOLULU - Honolulu city officials say they will clear the core section of the Kakaako homeless camp next week.
- Correction: Coral Bleaching story Updated: Oct-02-15 5:21 pm
HONOLULU - In a story Sept. 11 about coral bleaching, The Associated Press reported erroneously the geographic location of mostly uninhabited islands in Hawaii where scientists observed that coral had died after being bleached last year. Some coral died at an island in the northwestern end of the island chain, not the northeastern end.
- Officials propose canal project for Waikiki flood prevention Updated: Oct-02-15 7:35 am
HONOLULU - As part of a plan to help prevent flooding in Waikiki, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is proposing to change the Ala Wai Canal.
- Officials close south Oahu bay due to large sewage spill Updated: Oct-02-15 5:41 am
HONOLULU - The Hawaii Department of Health is warning people to keep out of the water in Mamala Bay, on Oahu's south side, due to a large sewage spill.
- Hawaii, EPA and Navy agree to plan to address tank leaks Updated: Oct-01-15 11:49 pm
HONOLULU - The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and Hawaii state Department of Health on Thursday said they finalized a deal with the Navy to better prevent and detect leaks from 20 giant fuel storage tanks near Pearl Harbor.
- 3rd West Oahu homeless outreach employee charged with theft Updated: Oct-01-15 9:55 pm
HONOLULU - Another former employee of an organization that provides homeless outreach services in West Oahu has been charged with stealing state funds.
- Police seek prankster who poured soap into Honolulu fountain Updated: Oct-01-15 7:22 am
HONOLULU - Authorities are looking for the prankster who poured detergent into a Honolulu fountain, sending a stream of foam into the road.
- Schofield Barracks soldiers accused of robbing business Updated: Oct-01-15 6:15 am
HONOLULU - Two 20-year-old Schofield Barracks soldiers are each being held on $50,000 bond due to robbery charges.
- Bryant, Lakers return to Hawaii for start of camp Updated: Sep-30-15 12:00 am
HONOLULU - Kobe Bryant returned Tuesday morning to where it all began for him.
- U. of Hawaii-Manoa looking to raise fees for traffic tickets Updated: Sep-29-15 11:08 am
HONOLULU - University of Hawaii-Manoa students may have to pay more for parking and traffic violations.
- Police seek witnesses in recent rash of BB shootings Updated: Sep-29-15 7:23 am
HONOLULU - The Honolulu Police Department and CrimeStoppers are asking the public for help locating witnesses or victims in a recent rash of BB gun shootings.
- Paddlers stranded by canceled race say airline upped fares Updated: Sep-28-15 7:55 am
HONOLULU - After dangerous winds and huge swells led to the cancellation of a world-renowned canoe race, stranding competitors on Molokai, some say Hawaiian Airlines increased fares in the rush to fly off the island.
- New butterfly, Sleepy Orange, thriving on Hawaiian islands Updated: Sep-26-15 4:14 pm
HONOLULU - It has taken only two years for a new butterfly to spread to every Hawaiian island, making its home everywhere from sea level to 6,800 feet up the slopes of Haleakala on Maui, according to University of Hawaii researchers.
- State plan includes Kakaako technology park Updated: Sep-24-15 3:00 pm
HONOLULU - A technology park meant to boost tech industry jobs in the state could be coming to Honolulu as soon as 2020 under a plan being pushed by a state development agency.
- Judge denies ACLU motion for city to stop homeless sweeps Updated: Sep-23-15 12:14 am
HONOLULU - A federal judge on Tuesday denied the American Civil Liberties Union's request to stop Honolulu officials from clearing homeless encampments.
- Alaska Airlines is fueled by boom in isle tourism Updated: Sep-22-15 7:15 pm
HONOLULU - Alaska Airlines saw an opportunity in the Hawaii market nearly eight years ago that was too good to pass up.
- Firefighters rescue 7 university students from hiking trail Updated: Sep-21-15 1:09 pm
HONOLULU - Firefighters have rescued seven Brigham Young University-Hawaii students who spent the night stuck in the Koolau Mountain Range above Kaaawa.
- Ewa Beach developer undeterred by $27 million verdict Updated: Sep-21-15 9:06 am
HONOLULU - A developer is pursuing plans for a recreational lagoon that prompted a $27 million verdict for area homeowners.
- Tenants of Ala Moana building concerned about lease terms Updated: Sep-21-15 7:15 am
HONOLULU - Health care providers working in the Ala Moana Building in Honolulu say they worry future development plans for the high-rise building may chase them out.
- Oahu road sign hacked to display offensive message Updated: Sep-21-15 4:57 am
HONOLULU - Drivers on Oahu may have seen a digital road sign that was less than informative as someone hacked into the machine and made it display an offensive phrase.
- Police recovers officer's stolen SUV, police gear Updated: Sep-19-15 1:09 pm
HONOLULU - Honolulu police say they have found an officer's SUV after it was stolen overnight.
- Honolulu plans interim housing for homeless Waianae families Updated: Sep-18-15 8:25 pm
HONOLULU - Honolulu officials are planning to buy a parcel of land on Oahu's leeward coast and build temporary housing for homeless families.
- Honolulu prosecutor asks city to cut back on petty citations Updated: Sep-17-15 7:30 am
HONOLULU - A city prosecutor in Honolulu is asking lawmakers to decriminalize certain petty offenses, saying they're clogging courts.
- Tsunami advisory for Hawaii, California after Chile quake Updated: Sep-17-15 3:08 am
HONOLULU - Hawaii and part of California's coast are under tsunami advisories after an 8.3-magnitude earthquake off the coast of north Chile.