- Meth in toaster among many drug parcels sent to Hawaii Updated: Jul-02-15 10:23 pm
HONOLULU - Federal agents last month intercepted a package mailed to Hawaii from Southern California containing a toaster oven. Hidden inside the four-slice toaster, there appeared to be 6 pounds of crystal meth.
- Honolulu mayor outlines Sand Island emergency homeless camp Updated: Jul-02-15 7:34 pm
HONOLULU - Honolulu Mayor Kirk Caldwell announced details of a plan to create emergency housing out of modified shipping containers on Sand Island, an industrial part of Honolulu near a wastewater treatment plant, public parks and beaches.
- Telescope protesters gather at Kamehameha statue in Honolulu Updated: Jul-01-15 10:20 pm
HONOLULU - Many of the protesters opposed to plans for a giant telescope atop Mauna Kea came down from the mountain for a large gathering Wednesday around the King Kamehameha statue in Honolulu.
- Oahu plastic bag ban takes effect Updated: Jul-01-15 2:29 pm
HONOLULU - Oahu shoppers are starting to bring their own bags into grocery stores as the county's ban on plastic bags takes effect.
- Hawaii lawmaker assaulted at homeless camp Updated: Jun-30-15 10:58 pm
HONOLULU - A Hawaii state lawmaker is recovering from injuries after being assaulted at a homeless camp in Honolulu.
- Man pleads guilty to using Allenby's credit cards in Hawaii Updated: Jun-30-15 10:46 pm
HONOLULU - A Hawaii man pleaded guilty Tuesday to using Robert Allenby's credit cards after the professional golfer said he was robbed and beaten in Honolulu.
- Pearl Harbor to host Japanese fireworks display this summer Updated: Jun-29-15 8:40 pm
HONOLULU - The U.S. Navy will host a Japanese fireworks display at Pearl Harbor this summer to commemorate the end of World War II.
- Former mayor appointed to lead Lodging & Tourism Association Updated: Jun-29-15 2:18 pm
HONOLULU - Honolulu's former mayor is again taking on the top leadership role at the Hawaii Lodging & Tourism Association.
- Honolulu commuters sleep, eat in cars to deal with traffic Updated: Jun-28-15 11:23 am
HONOLULU - Hawaii Rep. Matt LoPresti knew he had a problem when his preschool-aged daughter Nina started drawing pictures of herself sitting in traffic.
- Man, 62, dies after losing consciousness during flight Updated: Jun-27-15 3:44 pm
HONOLULU - A man is dead after he became unconscious during a flight from Japan to Honolulu.
- Electronic devices reveal aquatic animal behavior Updated: Jun-26-15 3:28 pm
HONOLULU - Marine biologists are using electronic tracking devices to examine how climate change and other human impact on the oceans have affected animal behavior.
- 'Most Wanted' man turns himself Updated: Jun-26-15 8:41 am
HONOLULU - A man who was featured on "Hawaii Island's Most Wanted" has turned himself in to police.
- Bikeway project expected to go out to bid this year Updated: Jun-25-15 2:46 pm
HONOLULU - The project to extend the Pearl Harbor Historic Trail is moving along developmental stages and is expected to be advertised for bids by the end of the year.
- Census data show Big Island led state in 2014 growth Updated: Jun-25-15 1:16 pm
KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii - The Big Island's population is still growing faster than Maui, Kauai and Honolulu according to recently released U.S. Census Bureau data for 2014.
- Police open murder investigation into Oahu man's death Updated: Jun-25-15 9:08 am
HONOLULU - Honolulu police are investigating a man discovered in his home in a pool of blood as a murder.
- Firefighters extinguish 600-acre brush fire on Kauai Updated: Jun-25-15 9:08 am
LIHUE, Hawaii - Kauai firefighters have extinguished a large brush fire in Kaumakani.
- Don Horner reappointed to Honolulu rapid transit board Updated: Jun-24-15 9:04 am
HONOLULU - Retired bank executive Don Horner will return to the Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation board of directors after being reappointed by Mayor Kirk Caldwell.
- EPA, Hawaii extend comment period on Navy fuel tanks Updated: Jun-23-15 5:56 pm
HONOLULU - The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the state Department of Health are giving the public more time to comment on a proposal to better prevent and detect leaks from 20 giant fuel storage tanks near Pearl Harbor.
- Hawaii police officer accused of breaking into Honolulu home Updated: Jun-23-15 9:04 am
HONOLULU - An eight-year police veteran is scheduled to appear in Kaneohe District Court next month after he has been accused of breaking into a Kaneohe home.
- Gov. Ige extends program awarding wartime diplomas Updated: Jun-22-15 8:17 am
HONOLULU - A program that awards high school diplomas to veterans whose educations were cut short due to being drafted during World War II, the Korean War or the Vietnam War is being extended.
- Researchers, veterinarians remove hook from monk seal Updated: Jun-21-15 4:04 pm
HONOLULU - A 3-year-old monk seal has been freed of the fishing hook in its mouth after being spotted in distress on Kaena Point on Friday.
- More than 21 years in prison for Thailand sex exploitation Updated: Jun-19-15 2:40 pm
HONOLULU - A Georgia man arrested in Honolulu has been sentenced to more than 21 years in prison for sexually exploiting teenage girls in Thailand.
- Murder, robbery suspect hospitalized after prison fight Updated: Jun-19-15 9:04 am
HONOLULU - A 30-year-old homeless man suspected of stabbing a newspaper vendor to death in Kaimuki has been hospitalized after getting into a fight with two other inmates at Oahu Community Correction Center, where he is awaiting trial on a robbery charge.
- Locals frustrated with lack of management at Oahu trail Updated: Jun-18-15 9:07 am
HONOLULU - A lack of management and the state's decision to remove signage from a popular trail on Oahu has locals frustrated and the Department of Land and Natural Resources looking for options.
- Voyaging canoe Hikianalia returns to Hawaii Updated: Jun-17-15 2:06 pm
HONOLULU - A modern voyaging canoe is back in Hawaiian waters after a year of serving as a science, technology and safety escort for the vessel Hokule'a.