- Hawaii selects businesses for medical pot but not to actor Updated: Apr-29-16 7:07 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii selected eight businesses Friday to open medical marijuana dispensaries - but not one owned by Woody Harrelson.
- Hawaii lawmakers negotiate dozens of bills before deadline Updated: Apr-29-16 6:46 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii lawmakers facing a major deadline are negotiating final details on dozens of bills, rushing around the capitol and huddling in groups and trying to reach last-minute agreements.
- Uber driver denies sexually assaulting teen in Honolulu Updated: Apr-29-16 10:25 am
HONOLULU - A man who worked as an Uber driver has pleaded not guilty to sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl he picked up in Honolulu.
- Group says Honolulu rail at risk of flood damage Updated: Apr-27-16 10:43 am
HONOLULU - A group of residents is prepared to take Honolulu officials to court over the city's multibillion-dollar rail project because of concerns that the rail could be vulnerable to flood damage.
- UH football players accused of resisting arrest, harassment Updated: Apr-26-16 3:05 pm
HONOLULU - Two University of Hawaii football players are facing charges after one of them got into a scuffle with officers responding to a domestic disturbance call at a Honolulu apartment complex.
- Tourist in yoga airplane altercation allowed to fly to Korea Updated: Apr-25-16 10:10 pm
HONOLULU - A tourist whose desire to do yoga on a plane led to his arrest is being allowed to leave Hawaii and return home to South Korea.
- Agency to Hawaii residents: Don't hate on tourists Updated: Apr-25-16 4:31 pm
HONOLULU - As a record number of visitors stream into Hawaii, state officials want residents to know: Tourism is your friend.
- Attorney objects to judge appointment in telescope case Updated: Apr-22-16 9:24 am
HILO, Hawaii - A Honolulu attorney is asking the state to find another hearings officer to oversee the next contested case for the construction of the Thirty Meter Telescope over concerns of a conflict of interest.
- Honolulu patrol officer arrested for prostitution, bribery Updated: Apr-20-16 7:33 pm
HONOLULU - A Honolulu Police Department patrol officer was arrested in Waikiki for attempted bribery, unauthorized use of a computer and prostitution.
- Several injured in Hawaii supermarket stabbing Updated: Apr-20-16 9:22 am
WAILUKU, Hawaii - Authorities say several people were stabbed at a Hawaii supermarket and they have a suspect in custody.
- Councilman wants anti-theft locks on shopping carts Updated: Apr-19-16 9:18 am
HONOLULU - Honolulu officials are set to consider a proposal aimed at reducing the number of shopping carts that end up littered along city streets and highways.
- The Latest: University: UC probe will have more on lab blast Updated: Apr-18-16 11:10 pm
HONOLULU - The Latest on the Honolulu Fire Department's report on a lab explosion at the University of Hawaii last month (all times local):
- Fire department calls Hawaii lab explosion an accident Updated: Apr-18-16 10:56 pm
HONOLULU - A visiting researcher who lost an arm last month in a laboratory explosion at the University of Hawaii told fire investigators the blast occurred after she turned off a digital pressure gauge she was using to check the pressure in a gas cylinder.
- Foul play suspected after human remains found in Honolulu Updated: Apr-18-16 10:20 am
HONOLULU - Honolulu police say they suspect foul play in the death of an unidentified person whose decomposed body was found by a group of volunteers cleaning up a steep hillside area.
- Long-living Sumatran tiger euthanized at Honolulu Zoo Updated: Apr-17-16 8:32 pm
HONOLULU - Officials say a female Sumatran tiger at the Honolulu Zoo that is thought to be the longest-living one in captivity has been euthanized at age 25.
- Group wants population study amid low humpback whale counts Updated: Apr-17-16 2:00 pm
HONOLULU - A group is pushing to study the humpback whale population amid a season of lower-than-normal sightings.
- Honolulu Airport has highest number of runway incidents Updated: Apr-15-16 6:05 am
HONOLULU - Officials are working to reduce the number of incidents that occur on the runways of Honolulu Airport, which has had the nation's highest number of runway mishaps for the past three years.
- Military recovers 9 of 12 Marines killed in Hawaii crash Updated: Apr-14-16 10:11 pm
HONOLULU - The U.S. Marine Corps says it has recovered the remains of nine of the 12 Marines killed when two helicopters crashed during nighttime training off Hawaii.
- Endangered seals start journey home after rehab Updated: Apr-14-16 9:00 pm
ABOARD US COAST GUARD HC-130 HERCULES - Seven endangered Hawaiian monk seals that were found abandoned or malnourished late last year began their trip back to their remote island homes Thursday after being rescued and rehabilitated.
- 3 sex abuse lawsuits filed against Catholic diocese Updated: Apr-14-16 3:45 am
HONOLULU - Three additional lawsuits were filed Wednesday accusing Catholic priests in the Diocese of Honolulu of sexual abuse.
- Parents blame Marine Corps for son's helicopter crash death Updated: Apr-13-16 9:54 am
HONOLULU - The parents of one of 12 Marines killed after two helicopters crashed during training exercises in Hawaii say the aircraft he was in shouldn't have been flying. They also dismissed the search efforts for the Marines as "an embarrassment."
- UH football players arrested after scuffle with police Updated: Apr-13-16 9:01 am
HONOLULU - Police say two University of Hawaii football players have been arrested after one of them got into a scuffle with officers who had responded to a domestic disturbance call.
- Lizard that's illegal in Hawaii captured in Waianae Updated: Apr-13-16 6:52 am
HONOLULU - State agricultural officials say a lizard that is illegal in Hawaii has been captured on Oahu.
- Associated Press, Guardian among top Headliner Award winners Updated: Apr-13-16 2:02 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - The Associated Press, The Guardian US, Reveal from The Center for Investigative Reporting and Pittsburgh's WTAE-TV have won top honors as "best of show" winners in the 82nd National Headliner Awards.
- Hawaii mulls work-for-a-day program to help homeless people Updated: Apr-12-16 9:04 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii is looking for solutions to its homelessness crisis, and lawmakers are considering a program to help connect homeless people with day jobs.