- South Carolina editorial roundup Updated: May-25-16 1:41 pm
Recent editorials from South Carolina newspapers:
- No sign of mechanical issue in plane that crashed at airshow Updated: May-19-16 1:44 pm
ATLANTA - There's no sign of mechanical problems in a plane that crashed during a Georgia airshow, killing the pilot, a federal investigator said.
- Army's Fort Jackson reducing Moncrief hospital to clinic Updated: May-17-16 4:44 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The Army is reducing services at Fort Jackson's Moncrief Army Community Hospital and turning it into a health clinic, officials said Tuesday.
- Posthumous degree to be given to man from Augusta University Updated: May-14-16 10:55 am
AUGUSTA, Georgia - Death will not keep Charles Davis from receiving a degree from his beloved Augusta University.
- Company says up to 95 layoffs planned at Augusta paper plant Updated: May-05-16 12:04 pm
AUGUSTA, Georgia - A paper company that makes newsprint in Augusta says it plans to reduce its capacity by nearly half, resulting in layoffs for as many as 95 employees.
- Richmond County inmate found dead; cause of death is unknown Updated: May-02-16 7:25 am
AUGUSTA, Georgia - Authorities in east Georgia are investigating the death of an inmate.
- Attorney general plugs campaign to uncover child sex abusers Updated: May-01-16 10:27 am
AUGUSTA, Georgia - Georgia Attorney General Sam Olens is promoting a new statewide campaign to "unmask" those who seek children for sex.