- Laurel police arrest man in kidnapping, rape case Updated: Jul-30-15 6:22 am
LAUREL, Mississippi - Laurel police have arrested a 35-year-old man accused of kidnapped his ex-girlfriend at knife-point on Sunday. Police say the victim was held against her will at the man's home until Tuesday when she was able to make her escape.
- Butler says Pickering misspending his own campaign money Updated: Jul-24-15 7:20 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Second-term Mississippi Auditor Stacey Pickering is defending his campaign spending on travel, vehicles and a garage door.
- Man denied new trial in bludgeoning death case Updated: Jul-24-15 11:08 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Supreme Court has denied a new trial for a Jones County man who argued prosecutors at the last minute sought to have him sentenced as a habitual offender.
- Official: Jones County man lucky to escape burning home Updated: Jul-22-15 4:20 am
LAUREL, Mississippi - A fire official says a Jones County man is lucky to be alive after his house started burning while he was sleeping.
- Man charged in scheme to get reward for missing dog Updated: Jul-10-15 4:47 pm
LAUREL, Mississippi - Bond has been set at $20,000 for a Jones County man who allegedly claimed to have found a lost dog and wanted a reward.
- Equipment, training grants for 16 fire departments Updated: Jul-07-15 4:08 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Sixteen Mississippi fire departments will share in $1.4 million to acquire new equipment and train their firefighters.