- Company waits for OK to transform ex-Yankton post office Updated: May-17-15 5:55 pm
YANKTON, South Dakota - The company that plans to transform the former Yankton post office into residential and commercial space is waiting for a final approval from federal officials to be able to begin construction.
- Yankton college band director retires after 33 years Updated: May-17-15 11:34 am
YANKTON, South Dakota - The longtime band director and his trademark trumpet are retiring from their post at Mount Marty College in Yankton after 33 years.
- Mount Marty College in Yankton selects new president Updated: May-15-15 3:01 pm
YANKTON, South Dakota - Mount Marty College in Yankton has a new president.
- Yankton County committee working to design official seal Updated: May-09-15 11:04 am
YANKTON, South Dakota - A committee of Yankton County officials and other community members is working to design an official seal for the county that incorporates important elements of the area.
- PUC to hold hearing on proposed NorthWestern rate increase Updated: May-06-15 2:05 am
YANKTON, South Dakota - The state Public Utilities Commission will hold a public hearing in Yankton next week to take input about a proposed rate increase by NorthWestern Energy.
- 2 Nebraskans survive 4-hour ordeal on South Dakota lake Updated: May-05-15 2:58 pm
YANKTON, South Dakota - Two 23-year-old Nebraska residents who became stranded on a South Dakota lake for nearly four hours are expected to make a full recovery from hypothermia.
- Correction: Cold Case Killing story Updated: May-05-15 10:28 am
YANKTON, South Dakota - In a story May 4 about an unsolved killing, The Associated Press erroneously attributed a quote, "There's no way I doubt his innocence," to Nancy Haas, whose daughter Tammy Haas was killed. It should have been attributed to Dawn Stukel, whose son was found not guilty of manslaughter in Tammy Haas' death.