- Judge: State underfunded Department of Hawaiian Home Lands Updated: Nov-29-15 12:20 pm
HONOLULU - A judge says the state has to appropriate millions of dollars more to fund the Department of Hawaiian Homelands adequately for the first time since at least 1992.
- Police investigate equipment theft at Hilo nonprofit group Updated: Nov-29-15 11:57 am
HILO, Hawaii - Police are investigating the theft of thousands of dollars' worth of equipment from a Hilo nonprofit organization that employs adults with disabilities.
- Hawaii snaps 8-game skid, 28-26 over Louisiana-Monroe Updated: Nov-29-15 2:48 am
HONOLULU - Paul Harris ran 27 times for 166 yards and a touchdown to help Hawaii snap an eight-game losing streak on Saturday night, 28-26 over Louisiana-Monroe.
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49 Updated: Nov-28-15 11:19 pm
HONOLULU - Quinn Dornstauder and Katie Hempen each scored a dozen points and No. 16 Arizona State ran away from Hawaii in the second and third quarters to take a 75-49 win at the Rainbow Wahine Showdown on Saturday night.
- No. 2 South Carolina beats Cal State Bakersfield 90-71 Updated: Nov-28-15 9:40 pm
HONOLULU - Bianca Cuevas struggled to adjust to the college game last season at South Carolina.
- Texas Tech rallies to hand Hawaii its first loss, 82-74 Updated: Nov-28-15 7:47 pm
LUBBOCK, Texas - Hawaii was gouging Texas Tech off the dribble, building up a double-digit first-half lead.
- Cal to open 2016 season in Australia vs Hawaii Updated: Nov-28-15 6:55 pm
BERKELEY, California - California will open next season in Australia with a game against Hawaii.
- Volunteers take mile-long lei to Paris Updated: Nov-28-15 2:19 pm
WAILUKU, Hawaii - A mile-long lei is in Paris after as many as 200 volunteers spent five days weaving together 250 pounds of ti leaves and orchids.
- Residents push for fence after cemetery vandalism Updated: Nov-28-15 1:03 pm
LIHUE, Hawaii - Residents want a fence and gate with a combination lock installed at the Hanapepe Hawaiian Cemetery after the site was vandalized.
- Hawaii-based longline fishermen allowed to keep catching ahi Updated: Nov-27-15 10:51 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii-based longline fishermen have exhausted multiple catch limits for ahi this year, but federal regulators said Friday a new agreement will ensure the fish will be available in the state through the holidays.
- Hawaii hires Nevada offensive coordinator Rolovich as coach Updated: Nov-27-15 10:25 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii has hired Nevada offensive coordinator Nick Rolovich as its head football coach.
- Man shot, killed outside Hilo home on Thanksgiving night Updated: Nov-27-15 5:26 pm
HILO, Hawaii - Police say a man was shot and killed outside his Hilo home on Thanksgiving.
- Supreme Court justice blocks Native Hawaiian vote count Updated: Nov-27-15 4:20 pm
HONOLULU - A U.S. Supreme Court justice on Friday issued a temporary stay blocking the counting of votes in an election that would be a significant step toward Native Hawaiian self-governance.
- The Latest: Hawaiian election opponent hails justice's order Updated: Nov-27-15 2:02 pm
HONOLULU - The Latest on a Supreme Court stay blocking the counting of votes in Native Hawaiian elections (all times local):
- Inmate's temporary release revoked, dad dies before visit Updated: Nov-27-15 8:56 am
LIHUE, Hawaii - A Kauai inmate's get-out-of-jail card was revoked when his terminally ill father died hours before his son was scheduled to be released to say goodbye.
- Lawmakers: Agency not doing enough against dengue fever Updated: Nov-26-15 7:05 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii state Sen. Russell Ruderman worries whenever there's a mosquito buzzing in his home.
- State high court ousts breath test evidence in DUI case Updated: Nov-26-15 12:38 pm
HONOLULU - DUI cases may be impacted by a state Supreme Court decision that ousted a defendant's breath test as evidence.
- Police say man identified stabber before he died Updated: Nov-26-15 12:32 pm
WAILUKU, Hawaii - A woman is accused of fatally stabbing a man at a Maui mental health residence.
- No. 19 Vanderbilt falls short at Maui, 70-63 to No. 5 Kansas Updated: Nov-26-15 2:07 am
LAHAINA, Hawaii - For 2 1-2 games Vanderbilt never trailed in the Maui Jim Maui Invitational. Then No. 5 Kansas put the Commodores on the short end of the score for the final 20 minutes and won the tournament for a second time.
- Kansas freshman Diallo cleared to play beginning Dec. 1 Updated: Nov-26-15 1:59 am
LAHAINA, Hawaii - Cheick Diallo was sitting next to Bill Self, the coach he can now play for, and it was a close call as to whose smile was broader.
- No. 5 Kansas beats No. 19 Vanderbilt 70-63 for Maui title Updated: Nov-26-15 1:40 am
LAHAINA, Hawaii - Wayne Selden Jr. and Frank Mason III quickly hatched a plan for sharing the MVP award at the Maui Jim Maui Invitational.
- Wake Forest uses free throws to beat UCLA 80-77 in Maui Updated: Nov-25-15 10:57 pm
LAHAINA, Hawaii - Wake Forest got two players back from suspension and lost one to the flu. As long as the Demon Deacons were at the free-throw line, everything was all right.
- No. 13 Indiana loses again in Maui, 72-69 to UNLV Updated: Nov-25-15 8:42 pm
LAHAINA, Hawaii - Indiana had a rough start and tough finish to the Maui Jim Maui Invitational. Two losses that came down to the final seconds around a 10-point win.
- UNLV hangs on for 72-69 win over No. 13 Indiana Updated: Nov-25-15 8:29 pm
LAHAINA, Hawaii - UNLV answered every run by Indiana, and the Runnin' Rebels were able to hang through the frantic final seconds for a 72-69 victory over the 13th-ranked Hoosiers on Wednesday.
- Oldest known seabird is back at Midway Atoll near Hawaii Updated: Nov-25-15 8:28 pm
HONOLULU - Federal wildlife officials say the world's oldest known seabird has returned to Midway Atoll.