- UN refugee chief seeks better EU cooperation on migrants Updated: Aug-26-15 4:18 pm
GENEVA - The Europe Union's asylum system is "completely dysfunctional," the head of the U.N. refugee agency said Wednesday, urging the bloc to better coordinate its response to the influx of thousands of refugees fleeing violence in Africa and the Middle East.
- UN approves statement aimed at restoring peace to Syria Updated: Aug-17-15 5:47 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The Security Council unanimously approved a statement backing intensive preparatory talks on key issues to restore peace to Syria on Monday, a sign of possible change in the U.N.'s most powerful body which has been deeply divided over how to end the war which has killed more than 250,000 people.
- 'Positive' UN-brokered talks on Libya wrap up in Geneva Updated: Aug-12-15 1:07 pm
BERLIN - Two days of U.N.-brokered talks on Libya has ended in Geneva, with the U.N. envoy seeking agreement on a national unity government in the next three weeks.
- Keaten appointment AP chief correspondent in Switzerland Updated: Jul-30-15 6:55 am
LONDON - Jamey Keaten, a reporter in the Paris office of The Associated Press, has been named chief correspondent for Switzerland.
- Moroccan journalist ends hunger strike on passport promise Updated: Jul-28-15 12:25 pm
RABAT, Morocco - A dissident Moroccan journalist on Tuesday ended a monthlong hunger strike protesting his treatment by the government after an official said he could get a new passport in three days, a member of his support committee said.