- The Latest: No bail for Venezuela first lady's nephews in US Updated: Nov-12-15 7:01 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - The latest news in the arrest of two nephews of the powerful first lady of Venezuela Cilia Flores on U.S. drug charges. All times local in Caracas.
- Hong Kong tycoon buys 7-year-old daughter $77M in diamonds Updated: Nov-12-15 12:54 pm
HONG KONG - A Hong Kong billionaire tycoon paid a total of $77 million at auctions in Geneva for two large and rare colored diamonds for his 7-year-old daughter Josephine - and renamed them after her, his office said Thursday.
- Colored diamonds headline twin auctions in Geneva this week Updated: Nov-09-15 8:47 am
GENEVA - Two rare colored diamonds go under the auction hammer this week in Geneva, with one standout blue diamond discovered in a South African mine last year expected to fetch up to $55 million - which would set a world record for any gemstone.
- Russia, track & field to be targeted in Pound's WADA report Updated: Nov-08-15 11:42 am
GENEVA - A World Anti-Doping Agency panel will deliver its findings Monday into allegations of extortion and cover-ups involving Russian doping - a report that one of the investigators said exposes "a whole different scale of corruption" from the FIFA scandal.
- Govt minister: Myanmar 'making every effort' to democratize Updated: Nov-06-15 11:21 am
GENEVA - The United States insisted that over 100 political prisoners remain in Myanmar as its justice minister trumpeted progress on human rights ahead of weekend elections seen as a possible turning point for a country emerging from nearly a half-century of military rule.
- Ban: Talks on Syria shouldn't be held up over Assad's future Updated: Oct-31-15 1:17 pm
GENEVA - U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon says new talks aimed to help end Syria's war shouldn't be held up by wrangling over whether President Bashar Assad stays or goes.