- League to move most state championships from Liberty U. Updated: May-06-16 11:19 am
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - The Virginia High School League has moved 14 state tournament events away from Liberty University, including two football championship games, after remarks the college's president made about Muslims.
- Sophomore quarterback Nick Johns to transfer from Virginia Updated: May-05-16 1:38 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Sophomore quarterback Nick Johns says he is transferring from Virginia.
- Virginia man admits faking cancer scheme Updated: May-04-16 10:29 am
BECKLEY, West Virginia - A Virginia man has admitted to a phony cancer scheme involving The Greenbrier resort.
- Former East Carolina coach rejuvenated by job at Virginia Updated: May-03-16 6:05 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Ruffin McNeill no longer commands the corner office where the head coach can wow recruits and their parents with polished wood paneling decor, highlight films playing on a big screen and other signs of the trappings of playing football at his university.
- University of Virginia announces plan to be greener Updated: May-02-16 10:02 am
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - The University of Virginia has released a new plan to roll back energy use, emissions and waste.
- Home long thought to be Monroe's turns out to be guest house Updated: Apr-28-16 4:16 am
For decades, a modest farmhouse in central Virginia was thought to be what remained of President James Monroe's home in Charlottesville, Virginia. It turns out, historians were wrong.
- Community college gets advanced manufacturing grant Updated: Apr-26-16 8:20 am
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Piedmont Virginia Community College is getting a $439,000 grant to establish a two-year degree program in advanced manufacturing.
- Virginas broadcast winners list Updated: Apr-23-16 4:22 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Winners have been announced in the Virginias Associated Press Broadcasters 2016 contest.
- WSAZ-TV's Tony Cavalier honored for lifetime achievement Updated: Apr-23-16 4:16 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Tony Cavalier, chief meteorologist at WSAZ-TV, was honored Saturday as the recipient of the West Virginia Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Roanoke anchor John Carlin wins Gallimore award Updated: Apr-23-16 4:08 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - John Carlin, who anchors four news programs each day for Roanoke station WSLS-TV, is the recipient of this year's AP Robert Gallimore Distinguished Service Award.
- Virginia foresters: if there's smoke, make sure there's fire Updated: Apr-19-16 4:04 am
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - A wildfire in Shenandoah National Park has scorched 500 acres, but is leaving a bigger impression for some.
- U-Va. reduces tuition increase for returning students Updated: Apr-14-16 10:17 am
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - The University of Virginia says returning students will pay higher tuition this fall, but the increase will be half of what the university had planned.
- Motion seeks to strike Rolling Stone suit deposition attacks Updated: Apr-14-16 9:11 am
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - A University of Virginia administrator who's suing Rolling Stone magazine is asking the court to throw out "personal attacks" in the deposition of a woman whose gang-rape allegations were at the center of the magazine's retracted article.
- Lexington police chief in line for Charlottesville job Updated: Apr-14-16 4:22 am
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Lexington's police chief has been recommended for the same job in Charlottesville.