- Charlottesville police chief announces retirement Updated: Nov-23-15 11:26 am
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy J. Longo has announced his retirement.
- Duke rally falls short in 42-34 loss to Virginia Updated: Nov-21-15 9:03 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Duke coach David Cutcliffe has never been afraid to mix and match his quarterbacks to see what works, using both Anthony Boone and Thomas Sirk as goal-line specialists in recent years. So it was no surprise when Cutcliffe went to backup Parker Boehme with the Blue Devils mired in a three-game losing streak.
- Johns' career day helps Virginia beat Duke 42-34 Updated: Nov-21-15 8:50 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - For one day, the coaching questions and uncertain future didn't matter for Virginia. Neither did the Cavaliers' recent run of poor form against Duke, nor their recent elimination from bowl consideration. For one day, everything was good.
- Incoming dean of U.Va. School of Law is 1st woman at helm Updated: Nov-21-15 1:20 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - A legal historian specializing in civil rights has been selected as the 12th dean and the first woman to lead the School of Law at the University of Virginia.
- Virginia vigil held for missing transgender woman Updated: Nov-21-15 11:36 am
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Dozens gathered in a Charlottesville park Friday night in hopes of heightening awareness of a transgender woman who has been missing for three years.
- Funding available to help increase for forestry practices Updated: Nov-19-15 3:31 am
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - The USDA's Natural Resources Conservation Services is making a $470,000 fund available to help increase adoption of forestry practices across the state.
- No. 6 Virginia beats Morgan State 86-48 in opener Updated: Nov-13-15 10:25 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Tony Bennett and his Virginia players have their eyes on a deep NCAA run behind fifth-year stars Malcolm Brogdon and Anthony Gill. The Cavaliers' opener brought encouraging signs from a player Bennett is counting on to support those two.
- Toscano stepping down as Virginia House minority leader Updated: Nov-13-15 2:46 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Democratic Virginia House Minority Leader Del. David J. Toscano has announced that he will step down from the position.
- Virginia announces signings of 4 to national letters Updated: Nov-12-15 7:23 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Virginia coach Tony Bennett has announced the signings of four players to national letters-of-intent for the 2016-17 season.
- Virginia Film Festival breaks box office, revenue records Updated: Nov-11-15 1:18 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - The Virginia Film Festival says this year's event broke box office and revenue records.
- Louisville 1 win away from bowl eligibility after 0-3 start Updated: Nov-09-15 5:24 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A bowl bid was the farthest thing from the minds of Louisville players during an 0-3 start that had the Cardinals wondering if they'd win a game.
- Fraternity files $25M defamation suit against Rolling Stone Updated: Nov-09-15 4:52 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The fraternity that was the focus of a debunked Rolling Stone article about a gang rape filed a $25 million lawsuit against the magazine Monday, saying the piece made the frat and its members "the object of an avalanche of condemnation worldwide."
- East Coast cities jockey for Deschutes Brewery facility Updated: Nov-05-15 12:28 pm
BEND, Oregon - News that Deschutes Brewery executives came courting in Roanoke, Virginia, this fall sparked a Facebook campaign aimed at sending much love to the Bend-based brewer, the nation's seventh-largest craft brewer and the 12th largest overall.
- 2015 Virginia Film Festival to kick off in Charlottesville Updated: Nov-05-15 2:16 am
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Actress Meg Ryan and Academy-Award winning director Oliver Stone are the top guests at this year's Virginia Film Festival.
- Virginia selling properties acquired for dropped bypass Updated: Nov-01-15 12:56 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - The Virginia Department of Transportation is selling properties it acquired for a bypass project that has been dropped.
- Virginia outlasts Georgia Tech, 27-21 Updated: Oct-31-15 8:20 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - The end couldn't come fast enough for Canaan Severin.
- Former U.Va. professor acquitted of defrauding university Updated: Oct-28-15 9:32 am
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - A jury has acquitted a former University of Virginia professor of charges that he defrauded the school.
- Crossword editor Shortz to speak at University of Virginia Updated: Oct-28-15 3:03 am
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - New York Times crossword editor Will Shortz will deliver the commencement address at the University of Virginia law school next spring.
- Board plans care center for Central Virginia women Updated: Oct-27-15 8:34 am
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - A community services board plans to build a mental health and substance abuse care center for Central Virginia women.
- Cavaliers' title aspiration don't end with another ACC crown Updated: Oct-26-15 3:20 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Malcolm Brogdon expects his final year at Virginia to be nothing like his first.