- Infrastructure becomes key focus in Montana governor's race Updated: May-04-16 7:06 pm
HELENA, Montana - The issue of infrastructure was front and center in the Montana governor's race Wednesday, as the two leading candidates traded barbs over who to blame for the political deadlock over a funding source to pay for roads, bridges, sewers and other projects.
- Montana Editorial Roundup Updated: May-04-16 11:12 am
The Montana Standard, May 1, on the impact of a new state park:
- Sheriff identifies missing Butte man, search continues Updated: May-04-16 10:04 am
BUTTE, Montana - The Madison County sheriff says the search for a 60-year-old Butte man who went missing during a weekend camping trip north of Twin Bridges has moved into a recovery effort.
- School district worried about clerical error on ballot issue Updated: Apr-30-16 3:54 pm
BUTTE, Montana - The Butte School District is worried after a clerical error caused a tax measure to be left out of election notifications posted for voters.
- Bureau of Reclamation investigating after boy's death Updated: Apr-26-16 9:44 am
HELENA, Montana - A Bureau of Reclamation safety team is investigating after a dock stored at a Canyon Ferry Lake boat launch partially collapsed and pinned a 3-year-old Butte boy, causing fatal injuries.
- Butte boy dies after being crushed by boat dock Updated: Apr-25-16 7:37 pm
HELENA, Montana - A 3-year-old Butte boy has died of injuries suffered when part of a metal boat dock fell on him at a fishing access site on Canyon Ferry Lake near Helena.
- Long secret mine waste talks to get public participation Updated: Apr-16-16 6:52 pm
BUTTE, Montana - For the first time, the Environmental Protection Agency is allowing the public to attend long-running discussions on cleanup liability involving a creek near the Butte Civic Center and the Butte Visitors Center that was polluted by mine waste.
- Montana State University cancels speech by bin Laden shooter Updated: Apr-13-16 2:17 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - Montana State University has canceled a scheduled speech by the former Navy SEAL who says he killed Osama bin Laden.
- Anaconda man dies in rollover crash near Butte Updated: Apr-12-16 11:15 pm
BUTTE, Montana - An Anaconda man was killed and another was injured in a single-vehicle rollover crash on Interstate 90 west of Butte.
- Former band director gets prison for sexual assault Updated: Apr-11-16 12:58 pm
HAMILTON, Montana - A former Butte Central High School band director has been sentenced to five years in prison for sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl at a basketball tournament in Hamilton.
- Ex-Navy SEAL who says he killed bin Laden charged with DUI Updated: Apr-08-16 7:36 pm
HELENA, Montana - The former Navy SEAL who says he fired the shots that killed Osama bin Laden was arrested Friday on a drunken driving charge after police found him asleep in a car parked at a convenience store in his Montana hometown.
- The Latest: Man who says he killed bin Laden denies DUI Updated: Apr-08-16 7:36 pm
HELENA, Montana - The Latest on the drunken-driving arrest of the former Navy SEAL who says he killed Osama bin Laden (all times local):
- Lawmaker questions state's lease to house mentally ill Updated: Apr-08-16 12:04 pm
HELENA, Montana - A Republican lawmaker is questioning the state's decision to lease a facility in Galena to house mentally ill inmates.
- Ground under Butte swing set hid 8-foot-deep miner's pit Updated: Apr-08-16 5:52 am
BUTTE, Montana - Butte-Silver Bow County officials say a soft spot under a backyard swing set turned out to be an 8-foot-deep hole that was probably dug by a miner and may have been used as a sewage dump for a saloon.
- Former Montana doctor faces new drug charges after car crash Updated: Apr-07-16 11:47 am
BUTTE, Montana - A Montana doctor whose license was recently revoked is facing additional drug charges in connection with a hit-and-run crash.