- Butte police investigate theft from medical marijuana shop Updated: May-23-16 4:33 pm
BUTTE, Montana - Law enforcement officers say two male suspects cut a hole in the roof of a building housing a medical marijuana dispensary and stole about $12,000 worth of marijuana plants.
- Butte man gets suspended sentence in cat hoarding case Updated: May-13-16 1:05 pm
BUTTE, Montana - A Butte man who abandoned dozens of cats in a rental house for up to two years has been given a two-year suspended sentence with the Department of Corrections.
- Body of missing Butte man found in Jefferson River Updated: May-10-16 6:14 pm
BUTTE, Montana - The body of a missing Butte man has been found in the Jefferson River just west of Cardwell.
- Robbie Knievel reaches plea agreement for crash last April Updated: May-10-16 10:20 am
BUTTE, Montana - Robbie Knievel, who has pleaded guilty to misdemeanor driving under the influence for an April 2015 crash in Butte, is nearing a plea agreement on a criminal endangerment charge filed as a result of the same collision.
- Infrastructure becomes key focus in Montana governor's race Updated: May-04-16 7:06 pm
HELENA, Montana - The issue of infrastructure was front and center in the Montana governor's race Wednesday, as the two leading candidates traded barbs over who to blame for the political deadlock over a funding source to pay for roads, bridges, sewers and other projects.
- Montana Editorial Roundup Updated: May-04-16 11:12 am
The Montana Standard, May 1, on the impact of a new state park:
- Sheriff identifies missing Butte man, search continues Updated: May-04-16 10:04 am
BUTTE, Montana - The Madison County sheriff says the search for a 60-year-old Butte man who went missing during a weekend camping trip north of Twin Bridges has moved into a recovery effort.
- School district worried about clerical error on ballot issue Updated: Apr-30-16 3:54 pm
BUTTE, Montana - The Butte School District is worried after a clerical error caused a tax measure to be left out of election notifications posted for voters.