- EPA resists calls to remove Butte mining waste Updated: Jul-25-15 3:04 am
BUTTE, Montana - Below the center of Butte flows water tainted with poisons drawn from a mass of mining and smelting waste that has been a pollution problem for more than a century.
- Robbie Knievel pleads guilty in drunken driving case Updated: Jul-24-15 11:13 am
BUTTE, Montana - Robbie Knievel has pleaded guilty to a drunken driving charge in Montana and has received a seven-day sentence.
- Suspended license grounds Knievel sobriety jump Updated: Jul-22-15 10:17 am
BUTTE, Montana - A suspended license is grounding Robbie Knievel's jump over 26 cars to celebrate his newfound sobriety following a fourth DUI arrest.
- Butte man hospitalized with apparent gunshot wound Updated: Jul-20-15 4:26 pm
BUTTE, Montana - Police say they are seeking three suspects in an incident that left a Butte man in intensive care at a local hospital with an apparent gunshot wound and facial injuries.
- Search under way for escapee from Butte Prerelease Center Updated: Jul-20-15 10:34 am
MISSOULA, Montana - A search is under way for a man who escaped from the Butte Prerelease Center.
- 26 cars replace Butte bar in Knievel sobriety jump Updated: Jul-17-15 12:47 pm
BUTTE, Montana - Motorcycle daredevil Robbie Knievel is jumping 26 cars instead of a bar to celebrate his newfound sobriety following a DUI arrest.
- Missoula man, 66, dies after crashing motorcycle in Butte Updated: Jul-14-15 11:52 pm
BUTTE, Montana - A 66-year-old Missoula man who was involved in a motorcycle crash in Butte has died.
- 2 men killed in head-on crash west of Whitehall Updated: Jul-14-15 11:28 pm
BUTTE, Montana - Authorities say two men were killed in a head-on crash west of Whitehall.
- 2 Butte churches closing after a combined 250 years Updated: Jul-06-15 10:05 am
BUTTE, Montana - Two Butte churches that have been open for more than 100 years are closing their doors for good.
- Montana had 2nd highest rate of health exchange re-enrollees Updated: Jul-03-15 2:04 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Montana has the nation's second highest rate of people re-enrolling in the health exchanges established under the federal health care law.
- Butte man gets 6-year deferred sentence for fatal crash Updated: Jul-02-15 10:20 pm
BUTTE, Montana - A 19-year-old Butte man who caused a crash that killed a passenger on Halloween 2013 has been given a six-year deferred sentence.
- Flathead County bans fireworks, including public shows Updated: Jul-02-15 5:52 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - The Flathead County commissioners unanimously voted to ban the use of fireworks throughout the county, on both public and private lands, due to a weekend forecast that calls for warm temperatures and sustained winds.
- Montana Supreme Court ducks decision on punitive damages cap Updated: Jul-02-15 12:48 pm
HELENA, Montana - The Montana Supreme Court has overturned a $52 million jury verdict in a breach of contract case, but justices did not rule on the constitutionality of the state's $10 million cap on punitive damages.