- Man convicted in New Year's Eve slayings gets life sentence Updated: May-05-16 2:26 pm
AKRON, Ohio - An Ohio man convicted in the fatal shootings of a father and his two teenage children during a home invasion robbery on New Year's Eve 2013 was sentenced Wednesday to three life sentences without the possibility of parole.
- ACLU suit: Akron panhandling law is abused, unconstitutional Updated: May-04-16 10:10 am
AKRON, Ohio - The American Civil Liberties Union of Ohio has filed a lawsuit against a northeast Ohio city over an ordinance that forces panhandlers to register with the city, wear identification badges and restricts the activity to daylight hours.
- Mom, grandma indicted in teen's heroin death at Ohio hotel Updated: May-03-16 12:11 pm
AKRON, Ohio - The mother and grandmother of a teen who died from a heroin overdose at an Ohio hotel were indicted Tuesday on involuntary manslaughter charges.
- Parties ask to revisit AEP, FirstEnergy deals in Ohio Updated: May-02-16 4:40 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Energy and environmental groups are among those asking Ohio regulators to reconsider two deals that allow utility companies to impose short-term rate increases to subsidize some older coal-fired and nuclear power plants.
- Police: 9-year-old reports mother, brother shot in Ohio Updated: May-02-16 3:34 pm
AKRON, Ohio - A 9-year-old girl called 911 to report her brother had been shot to death and her mother was shot multiple times at an Ohio home, police said Monday.
- Northeast Ohio women launch baby-sitting app Updated: May-01-16 10:06 am
AKRON, Ohio - When Akron-area women Amy Husted and Audrey Wallace arrived at the Female Entrepreneurship Summit in Cleveland last October, the only thing they knew about elevator pitches is what they learned binge-watching ABC's Shark Tank the week before.
- Akron Zoo taking name submissions for newborn Snow Leopards Updated: Apr-30-16 9:32 am
AKRON, Ohio - The Akron Zoo in northeast Ohio is asking people to send in potential names for three snow leopards born in March.
- Federal regulators put brakes on Ohio energy deals Updated: Apr-27-16 11:29 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Two closely watched energy deals in Ohio allowing two utility companies to impose short-term rate increases on electricity customers cannot take effect until federal regulators approve them.
- Goodyear 1Q profit, revenue fall Updated: Apr-27-16 11:47 am
NEW YORK - The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. on Wednesday reported a drop in first quarter profit as lower tire sales and currency swings dragged down revenue.
- Ohio court looking for heirs in $2M asbestos claim payout Updated: Apr-26-16 10:39 am
AKRON, Ohio - A northeast Ohio court is trying to track down for heirs to hundreds of rubber workers who died or became very ill because of exposure to asbestos as it looks to pay out about $2 million in legal claims.
- Co-pilot of jet in Ohio crash was fired from previous job Updated: Apr-21-16 12:47 pm
WEST PALM BEACH, Florida - Investigators say a Florida pilot involved in a deadly Ohio plane crash had been fired from a previous job.
- 3rd ex-Ohio officer sentenced for theft from drug dealers Updated: Apr-20-16 3:42 am
AKRON, Ohio - A former suburban Cleveland narcotics detective is heading to prison after admitting to participating in a scheme to steal thousands of dollars from suspected drug dealers.
- Authorities: Inmate died after complaining of chest pains Updated: Apr-15-16 2:58 pm
AKRON, Ohio - Authorities say an inmate who died this week after corrections officers found him unconscious in his northeast Ohio jail cell had complained of chest pains.
- Ohio man pleads guilty to charge related to sale of 300 guns Updated: Apr-12-16 4:11 pm
AKRON, Ohio - Authorities say an Ohio man has pleaded guilty in federal court to a charge related to the sale of 300 guns, including 11 destined for Beirut.
- Policeman appeals ruling denying a new trial in 1997 slaying Updated: Apr-08-16 3:56 am
AKRON, Ohio - A former Akron police captain convicted of killing his ex-wife in 1997 is appealing a judge's ruling that denied him a new trial.
- Anthropology team, DNA might help identify Ohio remains Updated: Apr-08-16 12:53 am
AKRON, Ohio - An analysis by an anthropology team from a Pennsylvania school has provided clues about the man whose skeletal remains were found on a northeastern Ohio sidewalk in January.
- Black Keys drummer throws out first pitch at Indians opener Updated: Apr-05-16 9:59 pm
CLEVELAND - Patrick Carney's stomach was as jumpy as when he's on stage in Madison Square Garden before 20,000 fans.