- Woman fined $1,000 for trashing worker's office with glitter Updated: Nov-25-15 11:16 am
AKRON, Ohio - A former clerk at an Ohio county's fiscal office has been fined $1,000 for trashing a co-worker's office with glitter and purple Silly String.
- 2015 AP Northeast Inland All-District Team Updated: Nov-23-15 7:19 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The 2015 Associated Press Northeast Inland All-District football team, as selected by a media panel from the district:
- Akron takes out Buffalo with a 42-21 win behind Woodson Updated: Nov-21-15 8:08 pm
AKRON, Ohio - Thomas Woodson was 17-for-30 passing with 258 yards and four touchdowns as Akron led Buffalo all the way to win 42-21 on Saturday.
- Medical examiner IDs pilot, co-pilot killed in Ohio crash Updated: Nov-20-15 3:53 pm
AKRON, Ohio - An Ohio medical examiner has identified the pilot and co-pilot who were killed along with seven passengers when a small jet crashed into an Akron apartment building.
- Absentee ballots without postmark won't be counted in county Updated: Nov-20-15 3:46 am
AKRON, Ohio - Officials say nearly 900 voters in Summit County in northeast Ohio won't have their absentee ballots counted for the Nov. 3 election because they lacked a postmark.
- Jackson's 23 points lifts Akron past Arkansas 88-80 Updated: Nov-18-15 11:03 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Antino Jackson had only one scholarship offer out of high school, leaving the 5-foot-11 Akron guard with plenty to prove in his collegiate career.
- Ohio man found guilty of killing pregnant wife in 1985 Updated: Nov-18-15 4:21 am
AKRON, Ohio - A northeast Ohio jury has convicted a 53-year-old man in the killing of his pregnant wife more than three decades after her death.
- Akron blows out Division III Hiram 100-30 Updated: Nov-16-15 9:19 pm
AKRON, Ohio - Aaron Jackson scored 16 points, Jake Kretzer made three 3-pointers and finished with 15 points, and Akron beat Division III Hiram 100-30 Monday night.
- Friends, family to honor Ohio officer killed 1 year ago Updated: Nov-15-15 10:22 am
AKRON, Ohio - Friends and family members are gathering in northeast Ohio to remember a northeast Ohio police killed one year ago.
- Jackson, McAdams lead Akron over Cleveland State 65-53 Updated: Nov-15-15 12:34 am
KENT, Ohio - Antino Jackson scored 12 points and Reggie McAdams added 10 to help Akron pull away early and hold on to beat Cleveland State 65-53 on Saturday night in a season opener for both teams.
- Hundley runs for 3 TDs, leads Akron over Miami (Ohio) 37-28 Updated: Nov-14-15 4:12 pm
OXFORD, Ohio - Conor Hundley ran for 110 yards and three touchdowns and Akron beat Miami (Ohio) 37-28 on Saturday.
- Cousin of missing 2-year-old boy arrested after child found Updated: Nov-08-15 10:57 am
AKRON, Ohio - Police say an Ohio woman has been charged with kidnapping after she allegedly took her 2-year-old male cousin for several hours while she visited drug houses.
- Man admits to abusing infant daughter who died this year Updated: Nov-06-15 5:00 am
AKRON, Ohio - A northeast Ohio man has admitted to abusing his 3-month-old daughter who died earlier this year.
- Fired Ohio teacher apologizes for racial slur on Facebook Updated: Nov-06-15 3:31 am
AKRON, Ohio - An Akron high school music teacher who was fired after posting a racial slur on Facebook two years ago says the incident ruined his life and caused his daughter to be bullied in school.
- Lawsuit filed in 2014 death of man shot by police Updated: Nov-05-15 4:30 am
AKRON, Ohio - The mother of a 29-year-old man killed by police in Ohio last year is suing Akron, saying the officers had no reason to stop him and shoot him in the back.
- Judge to decide new trial for ex-police boss hears testimony Updated: Nov-04-15 5:43 pm
AKRON, Ohio - A judge who will decide whether a former police captain should receive a new trial in the 1997 slaying of his ex-wife heard testimony from DNA experts as his latest hearing opened Wednesday.
- Akron to close Ohio & Erie Canal Towpath Trail for 4 years Updated: Nov-02-15 6:46 am
AKRON, Ohio - The city of Akron will be closing a popular 1-mile stretch of the Ohio & Erie Canal Towpath Trail for four years as part of a $184 million project aimed to curb sewer overflows.
- Ohio root beer stand celebrates 60 years of curbside treats Updated: Oct-31-15 7:20 pm
AKRON, Ohio - It's the little root beer stand in Kenmore that can.
- Central Michigan shuts down Akron 14-6 Updated: Oct-31-15 5:27 pm
AKRON, Ohio - Cooper Rush threw two touchdown passes and Central Michigan shut down Akron 14-6 on Saturday.
- Akron voters to decide if zoo can get a liquor license Updated: Oct-31-15 9:54 am
AKRON, Ohio - Voters in Akron will decide Tuesday whether to allow the Akron Zoo to have a liquor license to serve wine and spirits at after-hours events.
- Ohio man who fled to Peru to avoid charges pleads not guilty Updated: Oct-29-15 6:20 pm
AKRON, Ohio - One day after being back in the U.S. after more than a decade, an Ohio man pleaded not guilty Thursday in federal court to charges filed in 2003 for what authorities say was a $65 million Ponzi scheme.
- Goodyear tops 3Q profit forecasts on lower costs Updated: Oct-29-15 9:09 am
NEW YORK - The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. on Thursday reported a boost in third-quarter profit on lower costs, but revenue slumped on lower sales of tires and a stronger U.S. dollar.
- Judge tells man he will die in prison for killing Ohio cop Updated: Oct-28-15 1:20 pm
AKRON, Ohio - A judge has told a man that he will die in prison for killing an off-duty Ohio police officer after being asked to leave a bar.
- Man gets more than 10 years in child pornography case Updated: Oct-28-15 10:00 am
AKRON, Ohio - An Ohio man who authorities say admitted to trading nude photos with teenagers will spend more than a decade in prison.
- Southwest to end flights from Ohio airport to 3 cities Updated: Oct-28-15 9:58 am
NORTH CANTON, Ohio - Southwest Airlines has announced that it's eliminating nonstop flights from Akron-Canton Airport in northeast Ohio to Tampa, Las Vegas and Orlando.