- Authorities ID Missouri woman killed in Ohio hotel fire Updated: May-24-16 3:23 am
COPLEY, Ohio - Authorities have identified a Missouri woman who was killed over the weekend during an early morning hotel fire in Ohio.
- Ohio doctor brings health care to his native Kenya Updated: May-22-16 9:59 am
AKRON, Ohio - Dr. Bonyo S. Bonyo feels like he has two homes.
- University of Akron says rebranding effort hasn't caught on Updated: May-21-16 11:17 am
AKRON, Ohio - The University of Akron's experiment to rebrand itself "Ohio's Polytechnic University" turned out to be a dud.
- Akron cop gets probation in beating outside charity event Updated: May-20-16 3:45 am
CLEVELAND - A northeast Ohio police officer will avoid jail but must serve a year of probation for beating a man last spring following a police charity event in Cleveland.
- Officials: 5 animals believed dead in pet care center fire Updated: May-18-16 3:16 am
AKRON, Ohio - Fire officials say five animals are believed to have died in fire at a pet care center in Ohio.
- Ohio nuclear plant restarts after refueling shutdown Updated: May-11-16 8:06 am
OAK HARBOR, Ohio - An Ohio nuclear plant has returned to service after a biennial shutdown for refueling and maintenance.
- Ohio city repeals panhandling law amid federal ACLU lawsuit Updated: May-10-16 3:42 am
AKRON, Ohio - An Ohio city has voted to repeal an ordinance that forced panhandlers to register with the city and wear identification badges as well as restricted the activity to daylight hours.
- Museums team up on photo contest celebrating outdoor art Updated: May-06-16 8:08 am
DETROIT - Four U.S. museums involved in an effort to bring art to unexpected places are teaming up on a summer photo contest.
- Man convicted in New Year's Eve slayings gets life sentence Updated: May-05-16 2:26 pm
AKRON, Ohio - An Ohio man convicted in the fatal shootings of a father and his two teenage children during a home invasion robbery on New Year's Eve 2013 was sentenced Wednesday to three life sentences without the possibility of parole.
- ACLU suit: Akron panhandling law is abused, unconstitutional Updated: May-04-16 10:10 am
AKRON, Ohio - The American Civil Liberties Union of Ohio has filed a lawsuit against a northeast Ohio city over an ordinance that forces panhandlers to register with the city, wear identification badges and restricts the activity to daylight hours.
- Mom, grandma indicted in teen's heroin death at Ohio hotel Updated: May-03-16 12:11 pm
AKRON, Ohio - The mother and grandmother of a teen who died from a heroin overdose at an Ohio hotel were indicted Tuesday on involuntary manslaughter charges.
- Parties ask to revisit AEP, FirstEnergy deals in Ohio Updated: May-02-16 4:40 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Energy and environmental groups are among those asking Ohio regulators to reconsider two deals that allow utility companies to impose short-term rate increases to subsidize some older coal-fired and nuclear power plants.
- Police: 9-year-old reports mother, brother shot in Ohio Updated: May-02-16 3:34 pm
AKRON, Ohio - A 9-year-old girl called 911 to report her brother had been shot to death and her mother was shot multiple times at an Ohio home, police said Monday.
- Northeast Ohio women launch baby-sitting app Updated: May-01-16 10:06 am
AKRON, Ohio - When Akron-area women Amy Husted and Audrey Wallace arrived at the Female Entrepreneurship Summit in Cleveland last October, the only thing they knew about elevator pitches is what they learned binge-watching ABC's Shark Tank the week before.
- Akron Zoo taking name submissions for newborn Snow Leopards Updated: Apr-30-16 9:32 am
AKRON, Ohio - The Akron Zoo in northeast Ohio is asking people to send in potential names for three snow leopards born in March.
- Federal regulators put brakes on Ohio energy deals Updated: Apr-27-16 11:29 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Two closely watched energy deals in Ohio allowing two utility companies to impose short-term rate increases on electricity customers cannot take effect until federal regulators approve them.
- Goodyear 1Q profit, revenue fall Updated: Apr-27-16 11:47 am
NEW YORK - The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. on Wednesday reported a drop in first quarter profit as lower tire sales and currency swings dragged down revenue.