- About 244,000 Ohioans sign up for coverage under Obama's law Updated: Feb-06-16 6:31 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Nearly 244,000 Ohioans signed up for private insurance or renewed coverage through the federal marketplace created by President Barack Obama's health law.
- Jackson, Williams help Akron beat Central Michigan 92-87 Updated: Feb-05-16 10:28 pm
AKRON, Ohio - Freshman Josh Williams hit six 3-pointers and scored 22, both season highs, and Antino Jackson added 18 points on 7-of-9 shooting to help Akron beat Central Michigan 92-87 Friday night.
- Brawl erupts after girls high school game, 2 players charged Updated: Feb-05-16 6:21 pm
AKRON, Ohio - Police investigating a brawl involving players, coaches and fans following a girls high school basketball game in Ohio have charged two teammates in the melee.
- Boilermakers hire Darrell Funk as offensive line coach Updated: Feb-04-16 3:42 pm
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Purdue hired Darrell Funk as its new offensive line coach Thursday.
- Officials search for cause of death for family in explosion Updated: Feb-04-16 6:18 am
AKRON, Ohio - Authorities say an Ohio mother and two young girls were so badly burned that investigators can't determine if they suffered any injuries prior to a fatal house explosion and fire.
- Josh Williams 20 points help carry Akron past Ohio, 80-68 Updated: Feb-02-16 9:50 pm
ATHENS, Ohio - Josh Williams scored 20 points and Akron pulled away late from the free throw line to beat Ohio, 80-68 Tuesday night.
- Residents return after train fire put out at Ohio railyard Updated: Feb-02-16 5:06 pm
BREWSTER, Ohio - Fire officials say a train derailed and burst into flames at a railyard in northeast Ohio, but no one was injured.
- Man gets 11-year sentence for death of 4-month-old daughter Updated: Jan-28-16 8:26 am
AKRON, Ohio - A northeast Ohio man who pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter in his infant daughter's death has been sentenced to 11 years in prison.
- Cheatham Jr. leads Akron over Northern Illinois 76-66 Updated: Jan-26-16 10:14 pm
AKRON, Ohio - Kwan Cheatham Jr. didn't miss a shot and scored 18 points to help Akron beat Northern Illinois 76-66 on Tuesday night.
- Strickland takes US Senate bid against Portman to NE Ohio Updated: Jan-25-16 5:21 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Ted Strickland made the case Monday that his positions on labor, education and economic issues differ starkly with Republican incumbent Rob Portman's and are a better fit for average Ohioans.
- Akron overwhelms Miami (Ohio), 75-46 Updated: Jan-23-16 9:20 pm
AKRON, Ohio - Josh Williams hit five 3-pointers and scored 15 points to help lead Akron to an easy 75-46 win over Miami (Ohio) on Saturday night.
- Korean War soldier's remains return to Ohio after 6 decades Updated: Jan-23-16 12:01 pm
AKRON, Ohio - The remains of an Ohio soldier who never came home from the Korean War were returned to his family for burial this month after almost 65 years.
- Ohio sheriff's office warns of shop-with-cop charity scam Updated: Jan-23-16 3:00 am
AKRON, Ohio - A Northeast Ohio sheriff's office says it's investigating a scam that falsely collected thousands of dollars in donations for a popular charity that benefits poor children during the Christmas season.
- Man found in parking lot with shot to head ruled a homicide Updated: Jan-20-16 4:22 am
AKRON, Ohio - Authorities have ruled that a man found dead with a gunshot wound to the head in a northeast Ohio parking lot was a homicide.
- Akron beats Eastern Michigan 92-88 for 8th win at home Updated: Jan-19-16 9:34 pm
AKRON, Ohio - Reggie McAdams made a career-high seven 3-pointers and scored 28 points, and Akron beat Eastern Michigan 92-88 on Tuesday night for its eighth straight win at home.
- City agrees to $30,000 settlement with Ohio police officer Updated: Jan-19-16 3:46 am
AKRON, Ohio - A northeast Ohio city has agreed to pay a longtime police officer $30,000 after he claimed that the chief demoted him in retaliation for writing about use-of-force cases in the union's newsletter.
- Rescued bait dog from dogfighting ring blossoms into pet Updated: Jan-17-16 12:02 pm
AKRON, Ohio - Most of Gordon's teeth are filed down. Others are missing, probably yanked out with pliers so he couldn't defend himself from the bites of other dogs.
- Boothe leads Toledo to 78-64 win over Akron Updated: Jan-15-16 9:39 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - Nathan Boothe scored 25 points and Toledo shot 59 percent in the second half Friday night to turn back Akron 78-64.
- Jury finds Ohio woman guilty of killing Chicago teacher Updated: Jan-15-16 8:02 am
CHICAGO - An Ohio woman has been found guilty of second-degree murder in the killing of a Catholic high school teacher in his suburban Chicago home.
- Campus center named for LeBron James charity may be delayed Updated: Jan-14-16 7:24 am
AKRON, Ohio - A contractor dispute may delay the opening of the LeBron James Family Foundation College of Education building at the University of Akron.
- Northeast Ohio man receives life sentence for murder, rape Updated: Jan-13-16 8:32 am
AKRON, Ohio - A northeast Ohio man convicted in a fatal stabbing and a separate rape case has been sentenced to life in prison.
- Experts to evaluate human remains found on Ohio sidewalk Updated: Jan-11-16 1:52 pm
AKRON, Ohio - An anthropology team is helping with the investigation of human skeletal remains discovered on a sidewalk in northeastern Ohio.