- Community gardens grow in popularity in Siouxland Updated: May-29-16 2:10 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - The pastor puts on a pair of brown leather work boots and goes out to the garden. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and the perennial onions are in bloom. The bulbous purple flowers are easy to pick out among the barren, raised garden beds that'll be tilled and ready for planting soon.
- School district paid $40,00 to settle student sex lawsuit Updated: May-28-16 7:29 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - New court documents show the Sioux City Community School District has paid a total of $40,000 to settle a lawsuit brought by the mother of a student sexually exploited by a former educational specialist.
- Police: Iowa hotel water pipe shot; man charged Updated: May-28-16 2:30 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - A man has been charged after Sioux City police say he shot a water pipe in a hotel room, flooding two floors.
- Police: Boy, 8, struck by pickup in Sioux City Updated: May-27-16 1:43 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Authorities say an 8-year-old boy was injured after being struck by a pickup while riding his bicycle in Sioux City.
- Man accused of Winnebago casino theft pleads not guilty Updated: May-26-16 12:57 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A northeast Nebraska man has pleaded not guilty to allegations that he stole around $15,000 from a casino in Winnebago.
- Judge plans trial over legality of Iowa sex offender program Updated: May-26-16 10:14 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - A federal judge is planning a trial to determine whether Iowa's sex offender treatment program is unconstitutional.
- Police: Iowa man tried to bribe victim into not testifying Updated: May-25-16 8:42 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Authorities say a Whiting man tried to bribe his robbery victim into not testifying against him.
- Police: ATM skimmers found at 2 Sioux City banks Updated: May-25-16 2:29 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Sioux City police say the credit and debit card information from a "significant" number of customers at two local banks has been stolen by devices known as skimmers.
- Iowa Supreme Court ends suit over former floating casino Updated: May-24-16 12:09 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa Supreme Court has ended a long legal battle between the owners of the former Argosy Sioux City riverboat casino and state regulators.
- Moville street improvements encourage kids to walk to school Updated: May-22-16 11:14 am
MOVILLE, Iowa - Heath DeStigter watched the school bus drive six blocks from Woodbury Central School to drop off students at their homes.
- Iowa woman pleads guilty to hitting 2 people while drunk Updated: May-21-16 2:32 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - A Sioux City woman has pleaded guilty to hitting two pedestrians with her pickup while she was drunk behind the wheel.
- Interstate 29 ramp in Sioux City to permanently close Updated: May-21-16 11:02 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - The southbound Interstate 29 off-ramp to Nebraska Street in Sioux City is set to close permanently.
- Lawsuit stemming from fatal Iowa helicopter crash settled Updated: May-20-16 9:22 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - The parties involved apparently have settled a lawsuit stemming from a medical helicopter crash that killed three people in northern Iowa.
- Sioux City woman charged with stealing from disabled father Updated: May-19-16 5:01 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Sioux City police say a woman stole over $30,000 from her disabled father.
- Iowa man gets 15 years in prison for using counterfeit bills Updated: May-19-16 2:55 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - A Sioux City man accused of using counterfeit money at several local businesses has been sentenced to 15 years in prison.
- 18-year-old sentenced in Sioux City student's drug death Updated: May-17-16 1:30 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - An 18-year-old has been sentenced to prison in the drug death of Sioux City high school student.
- Sioux City school board approves $20,000 settlement offer Updated: May-14-16 6:25 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - The Sioux City school board has approved offering $20,000 to settle a lawsuit brought by the mother of a student sexually exploited by former educational specialist.
- Work set to begin on Mitchell Coca-Cola distribution plant Updated: May-14-16 1:16 pm
MITCHELL, South Dakota - Workers in Mitchell are preparing the land for a new $2.7 million Coca-Cola distribution plant, less than a year after the previous facility suffered heavy damage in an August fire.
- Nonprofit gives Sioux City $1.25M grant for riverfront trail Updated: May-13-16 1:45 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - A nonprofit is giving Sioux City more than $1 million to help complete the riverfront trail system along Interstate 29.
- Oops: Bernie Sanders refers to Sioux Falls by wrong name Updated: May-13-16 7:10 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - U.S. presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders began his campaign rally in the South Dakota city of Sioux Falls with a geography blunder.
- Sioux City park project gets $300K grant Updated: May-12-16 2:20 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - A $300,000 grant has been approved for a proposed park in Sioux City.
- Starkville area soldiers preparing to deploy Updated: May-12-16 1:36 am
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - About 70 U.S. Army Reserve soldiers from the Starkville, Mississippi area are preparing for deployment to Kuwait and Iraq in support of Operation Spartan Shield.
- Sioux City faces penalties for illegal wastewater discharges Updated: May-11-16 11:14 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Sioux City faces heavy environmental penalties for emitting improperly treated sewage with high levels of harmful E. coli bacteria into the Missouri River.
- 180 Sioux City-based Army Reserve Soldiers prepare to deploy Updated: May-10-16 6:10 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - About 180 Army Reserve soldiers based in Sioux City are preparing to be deployed to the Middle East.
- Travelers don't leave much change at Sioux City airport Updated: May-08-16 4:15 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Security officers collect a significant amount of change travelers leave behind at most airport checkpoints, but not in Sioux City.