- Germany deals IOC and Bach a message: No thanks, to Olympics Updated: Nov-30-15 1:34 pm
LONDON - Once again, German voters delivered a harsh and sobering message to the Olympic movement: No thanks.
- Thomas Bach: Hamburg bid rejection is 'missed opportunity' Updated: Nov-30-15 12:21 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The rejection of Hamburg's bid for the 2024 Olympics marks a "missed opportunity" for the city and Germany, IOC President Thomas Bach said Monday.
- Merkel regrets Hamburg's rejection of 2024 Olympic bid Updated: Nov-30-15 7:50 am
BERLIN - A spokeswoman for Angela Merkel says the German chancellor regrets the decision by Hamburg residents to reject the city's bid for the 2024 Olympics.
- Hamburg voters to decide on 2024 Olympic bid Updated: Nov-26-15 1:33 pm
HAMBURG, Germany - Leaders of Hamburg's bid for the 2024 Olympics hope that a soccer scandal, unsettled costs and fear of attacks won't dissuade voters from backing the German port city's candidacy on Sunday.
- Recent editorials from Texas newspapers Updated: Nov-24-15 8:31 pm
The Dallas Morning News. Nov. 23, 2015.
- Los Angeles focus on vision, public support for Olympic bid Updated: Nov-20-15 5:15 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Leaders of Los Angeles' bid to host the 2024 Olympics took away two clear ideas from meetings at IOC headquarters on Friday.
- Helmut Schmidt dies at 96, ex-chancellor and elder statesman Updated: Nov-11-15 12:36 am
BERLIN - Helmut Schmidt was blunt and down to earth, decisive and brimming with self-confidence.
- Former West German Chancellor Helmut Schmidt dies at age 96 Updated: Nov-10-15 7:39 pm
BERLIN - Helmut Schmidt, the chancellor who guided West Germany through economic turbulence and Cold War tensions, stood firm against a wave of homegrown terrorism and became a respected elder statesman, died Tuesday. He was 96.
- Timeline of Helmut Schmidt's career Updated: Nov-10-15 9:52 am
BERLIN - A timeline of the career of Helmut Schmidt: