- Report: 866,000 customers go to Virginia DMV unnecessarily Updated: Oct-13-15 1:57 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Who goes to the Department of Motor Vehicles when they don't have to? In Virginia, a lot people are paying $5 to do so, according to a new report.
- Ex-girlfriend testifies against man accused of 3 killings Updated: Oct-13-15 1:05 pm
FAIRFAX, Virginia - An ex-girlfriend of the man accused of killing three Alexandria residents over the course of a decade testified Tuesday that he harbored a grudge against the court system after losing custody of his child.
- Thousands of dead fish wash up on Virginia shore beaches Updated: Oct-13-15 12:55 pm
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - Tens of thousands of dead fish have washed up on Virginia's Eastern Shore after a net recently tore during menhaden harvesting.
- Scotch whisky born at Washington's Mount Vernon unveiled Updated: Oct-13-15 10:55 am
MOUNT VERNON, Virginia - After a three-year aging process, distillers at George Washington's Mount Vernon estate will taste a batch of single malt Scotch whisky made at the estate's distillery.
- Pedestrian killed by Norfolk Southern train in Virginia Updated: Oct-13-15 10:20 am
SYCAMORE, Virginia - Virginia State Police say a pedestrian has been killed by a Norfolk Southern train in Pittsylvania County.
- Authorities: Boy, 11, dies in dirt bike crash in Manassas Updated: Oct-13-15 9:31 am
MANASSAS, Virginia - An 11-year-old boy has died after he lost control of a dirt bike and struck a tree in Manassas.
- Company seeks FAA approval for wind farm in Botetourt County Updated: Oct-13-15 6:58 am
FINCASTLE, Virginia - A company that wants to build Virginia's first commercial wind farm is seeking clearance from the Federal Aviation Administration to build atop a Botetourt County mountain.
- Norfolk State receives positive audit ahead of agency visit Updated: Oct-13-15 3:05 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - State auditors have given Norfolk State University a positive report just ahead of an inspection by the school's accrediting agency.
- Police shooting prompts community violence forum Updated: Oct-13-15 3:01 am
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - Newport News religious leaders have scheduled a forum on community violence in response to a fatal shooting by a police officer.
- Tidewater Community College receives driver training grant Updated: Oct-13-15 2:51 am
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - Tidewater Community College has received nearly $200,000 in federal funds to help train military veterans as truck and bus drivers.
- Navy, families mark 15th anniversary of attack on USS Cole Updated: Oct-12-15 3:39 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - The Navy is marking the 15th anniversary of the terrorist attack on the USS Cole, which killed 17 sailors and injured dozens of others while in port in Yemen.
- Navy, families mark 15th anniversary of attack on USS Cole Updated: Oct-12-15 2:45 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - It's been a decade since Olivia Rux attended a memorial ceremony for her husband Kevin and the 16 other sailors who were killed in a 2000 terrorist attack on the USS Cole while it was in port in Yemen.
- Time running out to register to vote in Virginia election Updated: Oct-12-15 1:02 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia residents are running out of time to register to vote in the Nov. 3 general election.
- Police investigate death of inmate at Roanoke jail Updated: Oct-12-15 11:28 am
ROANOKE, Virginia - Police are investigating the death of an inmate at the Roanoke City Jail.
- Drug deaths outnumbered Virginia highway fatalities in 2014 Updated: Oct-12-15 10:26 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Deaths from heroin and opioid use outnumbered highway fatalities in Virginia for the first time last year, officials said.
- Ex-Virginia governor says he's still pursuing slavery museum Updated: Oct-12-15 7:51 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Former Gov. L. Douglas Wilder says he is continuing to pursue plans for a national slavery museum in Richmond.
- Park in Virginia Beach closed after fox bites 2 men Updated: Oct-12-15 5:25 am
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - Virginia Beach Animal Control is looking for a fox that bit two people at the city's Great Neck Park.
- Virginia's fall wildfire season begins Thursday Updated: Oct-12-15 2:05 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia's fall wildfire season begins this week and foresters are asking residents to use caution while burning outdoors.
- Virginia Film Festival adds more than 20 titles to lineup Updated: Oct-12-15 2:05 am
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - The Virginia Film Festival has expanded the lineup for this year's event.
- Gathright Dam's final 2015 pulse release set for Wednesday Updated: Oct-12-15 2:05 am
COVINGTON, Virginia - The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers plans to simulate a small flood event at Gathright Dam this week.
- Pipeline developer revises route in Virginia county Updated: Oct-12-15 2:05 am
VERONA, Virginia - Dominion Resources Inc. has revised the route of a proposed natural gas pipeline in Augusta County to avoid a water supply.
- Man dies in medical cell at Arlington detention center Updated: Oct-11-15 2:29 pm
ARLINGTON, Virginia - Arlington County police are investigating the death of an inmate found unconscious in a medical cell at the county detention facility.
- Natural Bridge owner outlines plan to correct money woes Updated: Oct-11-15 2:11 pm
NATURAL BRIDGE, Virginia - Natural Bridge owner Tom Clark says he has a plan to correct the park's financial problems, including seeking outside help to run the hotel and revising his state financing.
- Virginia Beach upgrading and adding cameras at Oceanfront Updated: Oct-11-15 12:54 pm
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - Virginia Beach is upgrading and adding surveillance cameras at the Oceanfront.
- State restoring George Washington statue in Richmond Updated: Oct-11-15 12:43 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The state is restoring a 19th century statue of George Washington that stands in Capitol Square in Richmond.