- Virginia governor: I followed the law in accepting donations Updated: May-24-16 7:35 pm
ALEXANDRIA, Virginia - Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe said Tuesday that he is confident he followed the law in accepting donations that now appear to be part of a federal criminal investigation.
- Virginia State Police: 2 die in plane crash in Orange County Updated: May-24-16 6:03 pm
RHOADESVILLE, Virginia - Virginia State Police say a two people have died in a small plane crash on a road in Orange County.
- GOP asks court for special session on felon voting rights Updated: May-24-16 4:44 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Republican legislative leaders want the Virginia Supreme Court to hold a special session to consider their lawsuit against Gov. Terry McAuliffe over voting rights for felons.
- WWII US spy vets group irked by cemetery name choice Updated: May-24-16 3:08 pm
ALBANY, New York - A new veterans cemetery to be built between Buffalo and Rochester will be named the Western New York National Cemetery, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs said Tuesday in an announcement that irked an organization of World War II spies.
- Police: 2 charged in Virginia jewelry store robbery Updated: May-24-16 2:08 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Virginia - Police say they've charged two Maryland men in a northern Virginia jewelry store robbery that led to a shootout with police that left a bystander wounded.
- Virginia minister arrested on child pornography charges Updated: May-24-16 11:57 am
ISLE OF WIGHT, Virginia - A Virginia minister has been arrested in connection to an ongoing child pornography investigation.
- Switch failure shuts down computer network at data center Updated: May-24-16 8:49 am
CHESTER, Virginia - The computer network of a data center in Chester went dark after a switch failure.
- Husband found guilty in plot to kill pregnant wife Updated: May-24-16 7:57 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - A 22-year-old man has been convicted of hiring three homeless men in an attempt to have them kill his wife and unborn daughter.
- Vehicle backs into man, child outside Chesterfield school Updated: May-24-16 5:29 am
CHESTERFIELD, Virginia - A man and a 4-year-old child are recovering after they were struck by a vehicle outside of a Chesterfield elementary school.
- Man exonerated after 33 years in prison to speak in Richmond Updated: May-24-16 5:06 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - An exonerated man who spent 33 years in prison in Virginia for a rape and murder he did not commit is returning to the state for the first time since his release to speak about his experiences.
- North Carolina man dies at Virginia packaging company Updated: May-24-16 5:03 am
GLADSTONE, Virginia - A North Carolina man has died after an incident at an industrial packaging company in Virginia.
- Political thriller 'Public Affairs' to be filmed in Virginia Updated: May-24-16 5:01 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - It's "lights, camera, action" for Norfolk.
- Virginia lacrosse coach out after 24 years, 4 championships Updated: May-23-16 7:06 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Virginia says hall of fame men's lacrosse coach Dom Starsia is out after leading the Cavaliers to four national championships, 13 Final Fours and six Atlantic Coast Conference titles in 24 seasons as coach.
- Virginia GOP file lawsuit to block felons from voting Updated: May-23-16 3:53 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia Republicans asked state's highest court Monday to block more than 200,000 felons from voting in November, arguing that Democratic Gov. Terry McAuliffe abused his power by restoring the voting rights of thousands of convicts who've completed their sentences.
- Former Fairfax police spokesman pleads to child pornography charges Updated: May-23-16 3:28 pm
FAIRFAX, Virginia - A former Fairfax County police spokesman has pleaded guilty to multiple counts of possessing child pornography.
- Guccifer, accused of hacking Bush accounts, to plead guilty Updated: May-23-16 1:49 pm
McLEAN, Virginia - The Romanian hacker known as Guccifer, who is charged with breaking into computer accounts of the Bush family, Secretary of State Colin Powell and others, is scheduled to plead guilty to federal charges.
- 4 police dogs killed on duty are honored with new award Updated: May-23-16 12:34 pm
NEW YORK - Four police dogs killed in the line of duty are being recognized with a new award from the American Kennel Club.
- ACC Tournament begins with Miami, Louisville as favorites Updated: May-23-16 12:27 pm
Virginia won the Atlantic Coast Conference's first national championship in six decades. Miami and Louisville look like the best contenders for the next one.
- Virginia ramping up efforts to prevent spread of Zika virus Updated: May-23-16 12:03 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - With the summer mosquito season fast approaching and anxiety about the Zika virus growing, Virginia officials are racing to educate the public and distribute 10,000 Zika prevention kits to pregnant women.
- Gov. McAuliffe takes state plane to Final Four, Cuba Updated: May-23-16 12:01 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Records show that Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe has used a state airplane to fly to Cuba and a University of Virginia basketball game in Chicago, among other destinations.
- Supreme court dismisses GOP appeal over Virginia districts Updated: May-23-16 10:36 am
WASHINGTON - A unanimous Supreme Court has dismissed a Republican appeal over congressional districts in Virginia.
- Man trying to kill rabid raccoon admits to shooting neighbor Updated: May-23-16 5:46 am
CULPEPER, Virginia - A Culpeper man has pleaded guilty to accidentally shooting his neighbor while trying to kill a raccoon that he thought had rabies.
- Accused shoplifters arrested after police chase, crash Updated: May-23-16 5:44 am
HENRICO, Virginia - Authorities say two people accused of shoplifting have been arrested after leading police on a chase that ended in a crash that injured several others.
- Trial for man accused of killing his co-worker set to begin Updated: May-23-16 3:56 am
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - The trial for a massage therapist accused of killing his co-worker is set to begin.
- Ariya Jutanugarn wins 2nd in a row on the LPGA Tour Updated: May-22-16 5:03 pm
WILLIAMSBURG, Virginia - Ariya Jutanugarn quickly has made winning a habit on the LPGA Tour.