- Big surf pounds Hawaii as hurricane skirts to the north Updated: Sep-01-15 3:40 am
HILO, Hawaii - Big surf began to pick up around Hilo on Hawaii's Big Island Monday evening as weakening Hurricane Ignacio moved to the north of the state with 100 mph winds.
- Reviving history: Papaaloa store reopens Updated: Aug-29-15 8:08 am
HILO, Hawaii - Heading into Papaaloa from Hilo on Route 19, the only hint that there is anything new at Mile 24 is a discreet sign set low to the ground, featuring an orange-toned drawing of a building, and indicating the driver should take the next right turn.
- Death of Pahoa woman, 63, opens murder investigation Updated: Aug-27-15 8:04 am
HILO, Hawaii - Big Island police are investigating the death of a 63-year-old woman after her body was found at her property in Puna.
- State quarantines Big Island ohia trees due to fungus Updated: Aug-27-15 7:58 am
HILO, Hawaii - The state Board of Agriculture is banning shipments of ohia trees from leaving the Big Island in hopes of curbing the spread of a deadly fungus.
- Former employee sues Kamehameha Schools over termination Updated: Aug-24-15 7:34 am
HILO, Hawaii - A former Kamehameha Schools Hawaii employee, who was fired last year in connection to alleged misuse of a purchasing card, has filed a lawsuit against the private school, claiming she was wrongfully terminated.
- Hilo doctor cleared of fraud allegations again Updated: Aug-18-15 8:07 am
HONOLULU - After a circuit judge decided to uphold a ruling clearing a Hilo obstetrician of allegations of fraud, the doctor says he will seek reimbursement from the state and insurers.
- Police identify homeless woman killed in Hilo Updated: Aug-18-15 7:25 am
HILO, Hawaii - A 35-year-old man from Shiloh, Illinois, is scheduled to make his initial court appearance Tuesday in connection to the death of a homeless woman in downtown Hilo.
- Gay father sues Department of Education over bullying Updated: Aug-14-15 2:52 pm
KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii - A father of two has filed a lawsuit claiming East Hawaii public schools have failed to protect his kids from bullying because of their dad's sexual orientation.
- Mauna Kea visitor station reopens after month-long closure Updated: Aug-08-15 3:13 pm
HILO, Hawaii - The Mauna Kea visitor center reopened Friday after being closed for more than a month during protests about the construction atop the mountain.
- Man dies on flight from Los Angeles to Hilo Updated: Aug-07-15 9:02 am
HILO, Hawaii - The Hawaii Police Department is investigating after a passenger on a United Airlines flight from Los Angeles to Hilo died.
- Road near inactive Hawaii volcano vent to be cleared of lava Updated: Aug-06-15 4:58 pm
HILO, Hawaii - Hawaii County has called for restoration of a lava-covered road in Pahoa, despite the site having become a popular attraction for tourists.
- Hawaii County considers bill to curb credit card misuse Updated: Aug-06-15 3:07 pm
HILO, Hawaii - The Hawaii County Council is considering strengthening laws after an audit of the county's government credit card program found evidence of misuse.