- Duke's Tomlinson, UVa's Brian voted ACC athletes of year Updated: Jun-30-15 3:48 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Duke football player Laken Tomlinson and Virginia women's soccer player Morgan Brian are the Atlantic Coast Conference's male and female athletes of the year.
- NC House refuses for now to back Greensboro council changes Updated: Jun-29-15 11:01 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The North Carolina House has refused for now to accept a Senate plan to rework Greensboro's city council districts, change how voters choose members and reduce the mayor's power.
- UNC Greensboro receives 2 years of probation for violations Updated: Jun-25-15 3:30 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - UNC Greensboro's athletic programs received two years of probation Thursday after improperly certifying the initial eligibility of 57 athletes in 13 sports over six seasons.
- US Education Secretary to meet with black college reps in NC Updated: Jun-25-15 4:07 am
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - U.S. Education Secretary Arne Duncan is scheduled to hear about challenges confronting historically black colleges and universities in North Carolina.
- Yankee Stadium to host 'ACC Day' before August game Updated: Jun-12-15 4:03 am
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - The Atlantic Coast Conference is giving alumni, faculty, students and fans a chance to show their colors at Yankee Stadium this summer.
- Chinqua Penn Plantation, onetime tourist attraction, sold Updated: Jun-11-15 12:56 pm
REIDSVILLE, North Carolina - Chinqua Penn, a mansion and plantation dating to the 1920s that once was furnished with lavish antiques and drew visitors from all over, has been sold for $650,000.
- North Carolina NAACP calls for marker at 1965 bombing site Updated: Jun-11-15 9:45 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Fifty years after Ku Klux Klan members set off two bombs outside a civil rights meeting in New Bern, the North Carolina NAACP is calling for the state to place a historical marker on the site.
- Classes at 2 Greensboro schools canceled after E.coli found Updated: Jun-10-15 8:13 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Classes at two Greensboro schools have been canceled after water tested positive for E.coli.
- North Carolina A&T starts demolition of student center Updated: Jun-03-15 1:52 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - After a year's delay, North Carolina A&T State University has started demolishing its student center to make way for a new $90 million facility scheduled to open in three years.