- North Carolina takes map delay request to US Supreme Court Updated: Feb-09-16 7:25 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The federal court that struck down two majority black congressional districts in North Carolina refused Tuesday to delay its order demanding that new boundaries be drawn in barely a week's time.
- The Latest: North Carolina asking US Supreme Court for delay Updated: Feb-09-16 6:12 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The Latest on appeals involving a federal court decision directing North Carolina legislators to redraw congressional maps (all times local):
- East Tennessee overtakes Greensboro 68-65 Updated: Feb-06-16 7:22 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Deuce Bello scored 16 points, T.J. Cromer added 13 and East Tennessee overtook UNC Greensboro in the final minute for a 68-65 win Saturday.
- Teens Alguetti, Zhang advance at US table tennis trials Updated: Feb-05-16 10:17 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Teenagers Sharon Alguetti and Lily Zhang won qualifying tournaments Friday night on the second day of the U.S. Olympic table tennis trials.
- UNC-Greensboro dominates Western Carolina in 75-58 win Updated: Feb-04-16 9:35 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Kayel Locke scored 17 points, and Asad Lamot added 13 points to lead North Carolina-Greensboro past Western Carolina 75-58 on Thursday night.
- Charlotte rolls to 92-72 win over North Carolina A&T Updated: Feb-03-16 10:28 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Joseph Uchebo scored 21 points and grabbed nine rebounds as Charlotte rolled to 92-72 win over North Carolina A&T on Wednesday night.
- 3 stolen vintage banjos worth more than $16,000 recovered Updated: Jan-28-16 6:07 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Three vintage banjos valued at more than $16,000 were recovered by a North Carolina music shop after they turned up at an auction house the same day they were stolen.
- ACC adds assistant coordinator for football replay Updated: Jan-27-16 4:54 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - The Atlantic Coast Conference is adding an assistant coordinator for football replay.
- Ex-director of Piedmont Triad Partnership arrested Updated: Jan-27-16 7:54 am
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - The former director of the Piedmont Triad Partnership in Greensboro has been arrested on embezzlement charges.
- UNC Greensboro tops Samford 86-78 behind Smith's 20 Updated: Jan-24-16 3:17 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Marvin Smith scored 20 points with five 3-pointers and UNC Greensboro rallied on a late run to beat Samford 86-78 on Sunday.
- Robertson leads Chattanooga past UNC Greensboro 73-60 Updated: Jan-21-16 9:37 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Eric Robertson sank a career-best seven 3-pointers and scored 22 points, and Chattanooga overtook UNC Greensboro in the second half for a 73-60 win Thursday night.
- NC public universities break record at nearly 225K students Updated: Jan-21-16 4:18 am
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Students are flocking back into North Carolina's public universities.
- Michael Jordan's nephew transfers to UNC Greensboro Updated: Jan-19-16 4:43 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Michael Jordan's nephew has transferred to North Carolina-Greensboro to play basketball.
- Norfolk State beats NC A&T for 5th straight time 75-68 Updated: Jan-18-16 7:28 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Charles Oliver scored 20 points and Norfolk State used a big second half to beat North Carolina A&T 75-68 on Monday.
- Alonso leads UNC-Greensboro past VMI 85-68 Updated: Jan-17-16 3:12 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Francis Alonso scored 24 points and North Carolina-Greensboro used a big first half to roll to an 85-68 win over VMI on Sunday.
- A dusting of light snow moves across North Carolina Updated: Jan-17-16 1:13 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - A band of light snow is moving across North Carolina.
- Officials plan to battle gypsy moths in Rockingham County Updated: Jan-17-16 7:01 am
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - The state Agriculture Department is making plans to combat two infestations of gypsy moths in Rockingham County.
- Hampton makes 14 3s in 79-62 win over North Carolina A&T Updated: Jan-16-16 7:36 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Reginald Johnson, Jr. scored 29 points, grabbed nine rebounds and dished seven assists, leading Hampton to its fourth-straight win, 79-62 over North Carolina A&T on Saturday.
- Western Carolina outlasts UNC Greensboro 83-77 in OT Updated: Jan-11-16 9:30 pm
CULLOWHEE, North Carolina - Rhett Harrelson scored 22 points, including six 3-pointers, and Western Carolina held off UNC Greensboro 83-77 in overtime on Monday night.