- Duke-Michigan St, UNC-Indiana headline ACC/Big Ten Challenge Updated: May-24-16 2:24 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Duke will play host to Michigan State and North Carolina will visit Indiana in the marquee matchups of the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.
- Man exonerated after 33 years in prison to speak in Richmond Updated: May-24-16 5:06 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - An exonerated man who spent 33 years in prison in Virginia for a rape and murder he did not commit is returning to the state for the first time since his release to speak about his experiences.
- Clemson's Beer sweeps honors as ACC's top player, freshman Updated: May-23-16 4:45 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Clemson outfielder Seth Beer is the first player in Atlantic Coast Conference history to be named league player of the year and freshman of the year in the same season.
- Boycott over LGBT law impacts more than just the music fans Updated: May-22-16 11:25 am
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Stagehand Kery Eller doesn't own any Bruce Springsteen albums, but he would smash them if he did.
- Greensboro school classroom, cafeteria damaged in fire Updated: May-19-16 2:21 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Investigators are trying to determine what caused a fire in a Greensboro elementary school classroom.
- 11 arrested while protesting North Carolina's LGBT law Updated: May-16-16 8:44 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Nearly a dozen people were arrested in North Carolina's Legislative Building during a second swell of demonstrations led by civic and religious leaders opposing the state's law limiting protections for LGBT people.
- Judge: Death penalty can be sought in veteran's burn death Updated: May-16-16 3:46 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - A judge has agreed that prosecutors can seek the death penalty against a man charged with beating and burning to death an Army veteran he had met at a bar in 2014.
- Ex-prep school official, Teacher of Year to face sex charges Updated: May-13-16 8:18 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A former admissions officer at an elite prep school who went on to become a Teacher of the Year at another school has turned himself in to face allegations he sexually assaulted a teenage boy decades ago.
- ACC adds football replay-review center to aid game officials Updated: May-12-16 4:22 pm
AMELIA ISLAND, Florida - The Atlantic Coast Conference is expanding its replay review system for football to include a review center at the league office to work with on-site officials this fall.
- Greensboro woman indicted for murder in death of boyfriend Updated: May-12-16 6:18 am
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - A Guilford County woman initially charged with unintentionally running over her boyfriend has now been indicted on a first-degree murder charge.
- Burr, Tillis urge unity within fractured North Carolina GOP Updated: May-07-16 8:51 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Top North Carolina elected leaders urged fellow Republicans gathering Saturday at their state convention to unify following a contentious presidential primary and the recent removal of the state party's chairman.
- The Latest: Brody to join RNC, Fisher holds on to post Updated: May-07-16 8:50 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - The Latest on activity Saturday at the North Carolina Republican Party convention in Greensboro (all times local):
- Greensboro deciding whether to release police shooting video Updated: May-07-16 12:21 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - The Greensboro City Council will consider whether to publicly release body camera footage of the police shooting of a 47-year-old woman with a knife two years ago.
- Transgender voices in North Carolina: Devastated by new law Updated: May-07-16 11:41 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A student who's losing time in the classroom. A mother trying to show strength to her 8-year-old daughter. A reluctant protester led away in handcuffs.
- Former ACC officiating head Doug Rhoads dies of cancer at 71 Updated: May-06-16 1:25 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Former Atlantic Coast Conference football officiating coordinator Doug Rhoads has died.
- Maryland police: Fugitive killed himself without warning Updated: May-03-16 8:46 pm
BALTIMORE - An armed man wanted on robbery and kidnapping charges in North Carolina fatally shot himself without warning Tuesday after police officers found him at a Baltimore home, Maryland State Police said.
- Men say they lied on stand because of prosecutor's threats Updated: May-01-16 4:38 pm
HIGH POINT, North Carolina - Two men who testified against a man eventually convicted of murder say they lied on the stand because a prosecutor threatened them, an allegation that the former assistant district attorney denies.
- 'Damn Daniel' viral video helps boost Vans sales Updated: Apr-29-16 3:50 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - "Damn Daniel," a viral video made by two teenage boys, helped boost sales of Vans shoes.
- NY inspector general accuses prison guard of benefits fraud Updated: Apr-28-16 5:47 am
ALBANY, New York - New York's inspector general says a state prison guard has been charged with fraud and grand larceny, accused of stealing more than $38,000 in sick leave and workers' compensation benefits by falsifying medical records.