- UMMC bases 3rd helicopter ambulance to Columbus Updated: May-22-16 8:09 pm
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - The University of Mississippi Medical Center says its three helicopters are more than aerial ambulances - they're mobile emergency rooms.
- Man claims self-defense in killing of mother's boyfriend Updated: May-19-16 9:49 am
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - The attorneys for a Columbus man accused of shooting his mother's boyfriend to death say he shot the victim in self-defense.
- Man sues sheriff's office, claiming wrongful arrest Updated: May-18-16 7:46 am
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - A man has filed a federal lawsuit against the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office, claiming that authorities wrongfully arrested him in connection with the death of a New Hope man.
- Columbus mayor fined for open meetings violation Updated: May-18-16 7:09 am
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - The state Ethics Commission has imposed a $500 fine on Columbus Mayor Robert Smith after finding that he violated a Mississippi Open Meetings Act last year.
- MUW to give honorary degree to Scottish literature professor Updated: May-14-16 3:01 am
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - Mississippi University of Women is honoring a Scottish literature professor at its Saturday commencement.
- Cemetery information available for first time Updated: May-12-16 1:35 am
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - Columbus' Friendship Cemetery has been around since 1849, and the information on the people buried there has been unknown to families and historians - until now.
- Winners announced in 2016 Louisiana-Mississippi APME contest Updated: May-07-16 3:48 pm
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Winners of the Louisiana-Mississippi Associated Press Media Editors contest were announced Saturday in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. The Louisiana-Mississippi APME awards recognize outstanding performance in journalism. The Louisiana-Mississippi APME college competition recognizes outstanding performance in college journalism.
- Witness: Stabbing death knife DNA no match for man convicted Updated: May-06-16 1:07 pm
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - A witness for a death row inmate says DNA samples taken from a knife used in a stabbing don't match the man convicted.