- Guilty verdict in Lowndes County murder trial Updated: Aug-27-15 4:38 pm
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - A Lowndes County jury has convicted a Columbus man of murder and aggravated assault in a 2014 shooting inside the coliseum at the local fairgrounds that left one person dead and another injured.
- Grand jury declines indictment in inmate death Updated: Aug-20-15 4:08 pm
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - A Lowndes County grand jury has declined to issue an indictment in the death of man being held in the local jail.
- Officials: Big River Steel CEO John Correnti dies in Chicago Updated: Aug-19-15 3:55 pm
OSCEOLA, Arkansas - Steel industry leader John Correnti, who was the driving force behind three mills in eastern Arkansas and others out of state, has died while on a business trip in Chicago. He was 68.
- Lowndes Co. school district looks to buy Columbus school Updated: Aug-14-15 6:29 am
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - The Columbus Municipal School District is looking to sell the shuttered Lee Middle School and the Lowndes County School District is interested in buying the facility.
- Columbus' 2016 budget includes 3 percent raise for employees Updated: Aug-13-15 5:31 am
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - Columbus city employees would get a 3 percent pay raise in the upcoming fiscal year if the proposed Fiscal Year 2016 budget is approved.
- Columbus man loses appeal of bribery conviction Updated: Aug-12-15 4:19 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - The state Court of Appeals has denied a denied a new trial to a Columbus man who pleaded guilty to charges he tried to bribe a Starkville police officer.
- Trial in wounding of 2 deputies moved to May Updated: Aug-10-15 4:34 pm
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - The trial of a man accused of shooting two Lowndes County sheriff deputies during a 2014 welfare check at his home has been set for May 2016.
- Dual-Track school awaits Columbus participation Updated: Aug-09-15 11:49 am
MAYHEW, Mississippi - The inaugural ninth-grade class of no more than 50 students at the Early College High School in Mayhew is scheduled to start this fall.
- Inmate challenge to death sentence goes back to trial court Updated: Aug-08-15 12:43 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A state death row inmate is going back to a north Mississippi courtroom to again fight for a new trial.
- Pajama wearing robber hits Columbus hotel Updated: Aug-04-15 6:28 am
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - A robber remains on the run after a hotel holdup in Columbus.