- Holiday Village provides protective vests to firefighters Updated: Feb-05-16 11:48 am
PINEVILLE, Louisiana - The Holiday Village Fire Department is the first in Rapides Parish to make protective vests available to its crews.
- Rapides police jurors vote against firm's open-burn permit Updated: Feb-02-16 11:05 am
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - Rapides Parish police jurors have voted to oppose a company's request to increase the amount of waste it openly burns.
- Ex-TV show host arrested in 37-year-old sex abuse case Updated: Jan-26-16 5:11 pm
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - A man who once hosted a children's show on local television under the name "Mr. Wonder" has been arrested on charges he sexually abused children during a camping retreat in central Louisiana nearly four decades ago.
- Program offers more college classes to high school students Updated: Jan-26-16 12:33 pm
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - Louisiana State University of Alexandria and Bolton High School are working together to offer more dual enrollment college courses to high school students.
- State economic development leader planning state tour Updated: Jan-22-16 7:59 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana's new economic development secretary will tour the state over the next two weeks, meeting with regional organizations that work to draw business to their areas.
- Human remains found near Mansura this month identified Updated: Jan-21-16 7:01 am
MARKSVILLE, Louisiana - Authorities say human remains found earlier this month near Mansura have been identified as a man reported missing since September.
- State: schedule for regional, state school archery tourneys Updated: Jan-21-16 6:43 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries says nearly 1,200 young archers will compete in two regional tournaments, followed by the state tournament March 4-5 in Alexandria.
- Judge from 1980s desegregation case found dead in law office Updated: Jan-17-16 7:53 pm
PINEVILLE, Louisiana - A judge who made national headlines in the 1980s for defying a federal desegregation order has been found dead in his law office.