- Trial of father in toddler's hot SUV death will be moved Updated: May-02-16 6:41 pm
MARIETTA, Georgia - The trial of a Georgia man accused of intentionally leaving his toddler son in a hot SUV to die will be moved, the judge said Monday, granting a defense request to hold it elsewhere because pretrial publicity has caused potential jurors to form strong opinions about the case.
- Zika researchers hold conference in Atlanta amid outbreak Updated: May-02-16 5:07 pm
ATLANTA - While Zika may be on the minds of researchers right now, little is known about what viruses could be on the horizon, making it a challenge to identify epidemics before they spread around the globe, a top researcher said Monday.
- Prison time set for child prostitution tied to NCAA event Updated: May-02-16 5:07 pm
ATLANTA - Authorities say four people convicted of sex trafficking three girls during the 2013 NCAA Final Four held in Atlanta have been sentenced to prison time.
- Deal highlights pay raises, new construction in state budget Updated: May-02-16 4:29 pm
ATLANTA - Thousands of state employees will receive pay raises under a state budget Gov. Nathan Deal is set to sign Tuesday.
- Delta announces nonstop flights between Atlanta, Reno Updated: May-02-16 11:58 am
RENO, Nevada - Delta Air Lines will once again offer nonstop service between Reno-Tahoe International Airport and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
- 5-star WR Demetris Robertson commits to California for 2016 Updated: May-01-16 7:10 pm
BERKELEY, California - Five-star high school wide receiver Demetris Robertson of Georgia has officially committed to playing at California next season.
- Boil water advisory issued for large part of Atlanta Updated: May-01-16 2:57 pm
ATLANTA - Atlanta officials have issued a boil water advisory for several parts of the city after a power outage knocked out two pumping stations offline.
- Small Georgia town approves 4-day work week for city workers Updated: May-01-16 1:35 pm
GRANTVILLE, Georgia - A small city south of Atlanta has approved a proposal to make their four-day work week schedule permanent for city workers.
- Police searching for Florida man for shooting ex-girlfriend Updated: May-01-16 11:37 am
SNELLVILLE, Georgia - Police are searching for a Florida man accused of shooting his former girlfriend outside a Walmart in suburban Atlanta.
- Attorney general plugs campaign to uncover child sex abusers Updated: May-01-16 10:27 am
AUGUSTA, Georgia - Georgia Attorney General Sam Olens is promoting a new statewide campaign to "unmask" those who seek children for sex.
- Falcons add more defensive help with Minnesota LB Campbell Updated: Apr-30-16 7:37 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - For the second straight year, defense was the early priority in the NFL draft for coach Dan Quinn and the Atlanta Falcons.
- Funeral arrangements set for former police chief Williams Updated: Apr-29-16 6:31 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Funeral arrangements are set for former Philadelphia and Los Angeles police chief Willie L. Williams.
- Agassi to face Bruguera in Atlanta Open exhibition Updated: Apr-29-16 11:27 am
ATLANTA - Andre Agassi will face Sergi Bruguera in an exhibition as part of the Atlanta Open on July 31, providing a rematch of the 1996 Olympics gold medal final in Atlanta.
- Newell Brands beats Street 1Q forecasts Updated: Apr-29-16 11:03 am
ATLANTA - Newell Brands Inc. (NWL) on Friday reported first-quarter net income of $40.5 million.
- Nigerian princess seeks funds to help Boko Haram survivors Updated: Apr-29-16 3:26 am
ATLANTA - It pains Nigerian princess Modupe Ozolua every time she hears about the suicide bombings, killings and kidnappings by the Boko Haram militant group in her ancestral homeland.
- UPS 1st-quarter profit rises 10 percent, beating forecasts Updated: Apr-28-16 1:39 pm
DALLAS - United Parcel Service Inc. said Thursday that first-quarter profit rose 10 percent to $1.13 billion, helped by an increase in both ground shipments and next-day air deliveries in the United States.
- Police: Katt Williams charged with battery in Georgia Updated: Apr-28-16 12:52 pm
ATLANTA - Comedian and actor Katt Williams was arrested after he threw a salt shaker at a restaurant manager, police in an Atlanta suburb said Thursday.
- Beazer Homes 2Q loss narrows as revenue improves Updated: Apr-28-16 7:14 am
ATLANTA - Beazer's fiscal second-quarter loss narrowed as revenue improved and homes sold at higher prices.
- Police officer fatally shoots machete-holding man in Atlanta Updated: Apr-27-16 6:47 pm
ATLANTA - A metro Atlanta police officer shot and killed a man who appeared to have a machete during a confrontation with the officer.
- Willie Williams, trailblazing top cop for 2 cities, dies Updated: Apr-27-16 5:58 pm
ATLANTA - Willie L. Williams, who was the first black police chief in Philadelphia and in Los Angeles, where he took over in the wake of the Rodney King riots, has died. He was 72.
- Officials: 10-year-old boy pulled from hotel pool dies Updated: Apr-27-16 4:52 pm
ATLANTA - Officials say a 10-year-old boy who was pulled from a pool at an Atlanta hotel has died.
- Police: Officer shoots, kills man with machete or knife Updated: Apr-27-16 1:32 pm
DECATUR, Georgia - Police in metro Atlanta say an officer shot and killed a man who appeared to have a knife or machete during a confrontation with the officer.
- Southern Co.'s 1Q adj. profit tops analysts' expectations Updated: Apr-27-16 8:38 am
ATLANTA - Southern's first-quarter adjusted profit beat analysts' expectations, helped partly by lower operating expenses.
- Losses mount as Braves' home-run drought reaches 15 games Updated: Apr-27-16 2:24 am
ATLANTA - The message in the Braves clubhouse Tuesday night added a fitting final insult to a dismal homestand:
- With big turnaround, Hawks beat Celtics 110-83 for 3-2 lead Updated: Apr-27-16 12:21 am
ATLANTA - Talk about a stunning turnaround.