- No. 6 Auburn may tweak some things to get up and running Updated: Sep-03-15 1:18 pm
Auburn constructed a formidable ground game on quarterback runs and seemingly tireless tailbacks the past two seasons.
- Man shot to death while visiting friends in Atlanta Updated: Sep-03-15 6:13 am
ATLANTA - Authorities are investigating a deadly shooting in northwest Atlanta.
- Atlanta Ballet's artistic director ending tenure at company Updated: Sep-03-15 4:05 am
ATLANTA - An artistic director known for transforming the Atlanta Ballet into a respected dance organization is ending his tenure at the company.
- New project at Atlanta museum focuses on LGBT civil rights Updated: Sep-02-15 8:31 pm
ATLANTA - Leaders of an Atlanta museum want the space focused on modern and historic civil rights to contribute to a national push to ensure LGBT rights, particularly in southern states.
- Ozuna, Prado help Marlins top Braves 7-3 in 3-game sweep Updated: Sep-02-15 5:10 pm
ATLANTA - The Miami Marlins rarely play well in Atlanta.
- House mix-up by police leaves man, officer wounded, dog dead Updated: Sep-02-15 8:46 am
ATLANTA - Tama Colson was finishing an evening walk when she saw the police cars speed into her neighborhood. As she approached her home she heard a loud "pop-pop-pop" and saw her neighbors fleeing into their yard two houses down.
- Expo planned for military veterans, others looking for work Updated: Sep-02-15 4:34 am
ATLANTA - Military veterans searching for jobs can learn about open positions at an upcoming expo.
- Atlanta sale features items seized by feds from bridal shop Updated: Sep-02-15 4:06 am
ATLANTA - Brides-to-be shopping for a wedding dress in Atlanta may want to check with the U.S. Marshals Service.
- Cuban defector Hector Olivera joins Braves for final month Updated: Sep-01-15 7:00 pm
ATLANTA - In what is shaping up as their worst season since 1990, the Atlanta Braves at least have a little something to be excited about in the final month of the season.
- Jake Matthews, Brooks Reed to miss Falcons' preseason finale Updated: Sep-01-15 6:00 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Coach Dan Quinn is hoping the Atlanta Falcons' list of injuries doesn't get any longer.
- The Latest: Names released in Atlanta police shootings Updated: Sep-01-15 5:35 pm
ATLANTA - The latest on police in Atlanta who went to the wrong house while responding to a call, shot the man living there, killed his dog and, officials say, likely shot one of their fellow officers (all times local):
- Gazette Company sells KCRG-TV9 to Atlanta company for $100M Updated: Sep-01-15 5:21 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Officials of the Gazette Company in Cedar Rapids say they have agreed to sell television station KCRG to an Atlanta, Georgia company for $100 million.
- Hawks to retire Dikembe Mutombo's No. 55 next season Updated: Sep-01-15 2:17 pm
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Hawks will retire Dikembe Mutombo's No. 55 next season, about two months after he is enshrined into the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame.
- Last teacher in Atlanta cheating scandal gets year in prison Updated: Sep-01-15 12:51 pm
ATLANTA - The final teacher awaiting sentencing in the Atlanta schools test cheating case was ordered by the trial judge Tuesday to serve a year in prison and four months on probation.
- More mosquitoes test positive for West Nile virus in DeKalb Updated: Sep-01-15 5:41 am
ATLANTA - DeKalb County officials are urging residents to take precautions as more mosquitoes test positive for West Nile virus.
- Police officer shot after responding to wrong home Updated: Aug-31-15 11:52 pm
ATLANTA - A police officer was shot and critically wounded Monday when he responded to a call of a suspicious person and showed up at the wrong house, authorities said.
- Narveson trying to make case to stick in Miami's rotation Updated: Aug-31-15 11:47 pm
ATLANTA - Chris Narveson wanted to at least finish the sixth inning before a finger blister developed and ended his night.
- AL Central-leading Royals make deal to get Gomes from Braves Updated: Aug-31-15 11:03 pm
ATLANTA - Now that he's officially on the move from Atlanta, Jonny Gomes is excited to be joining the AL Central-leading Kansas City Royals.
- Braves move Miller up a day to start for ill Foltynewicz Updated: Aug-31-15 7:42 pm
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Braves have moved Shelby Miller into Mike Foltynewicz's rotation spot for Monday night's game against the Miami Marlins.
- Louisville's Petrino seeks strong follow-up to 9-4 debut Updated: Aug-31-15 5:18 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Bobby Petrino has some wins in hand entering his second season as Louisville's coach even before his Cardinals open Saturday against No. 6 Auburn in Atlanta.
- Fan's death at Braves game raises stadium safety questions Updated: Aug-31-15 5:16 pm
ATLANTA - The death of a longtime Braves season-ticket holder raises questions about the height of guard rails at the team's new stadium that is to open in 2017.
- Atlanta police investigating fatal stabbing Updated: Aug-31-15 7:07 am
ATLANTA - A stabbing has left one man dead in northwest Atlanta.
- Yankees ride trio of 2-out HRs to 20-6 runaway over Braves Updated: Aug-30-15 7:54 pm
ATLANTA - New York Yankees manager Joe Girardi says baseball "has a way of evening out."
- Braves' woes continue in 'demoralizing' 20-6 loss to Yankees Updated: Aug-30-15 7:47 pm
ATLANTA - A Braves team that was at .500 through 84 games has since been in a downward slide that gained speed with three straight losses to the Yankees.
- Wait finally over for Auburn QB Jeremy Johnson Updated: Aug-30-15 12:32 pm
AUBURN, Alabama - Jeremy Johnson's Auburn teammates believe the preseason hype for their new quarterback is warranted.