- Aluminum plant owner, EPA reach agreement on site cleanup Updated: Dec-01-15 11:03 am
KALISPELL, Montana - The multi-national company that owns the shuttered Columbia Falls Aluminum Co. plant and the Environmental Protection Agency have reached an agreement that will allow Glencore to begin moving toward the cleanup of the proposed Superfund site in Columbia Falls.
- Advocacy groups in Montana, Idaho sue over forest plan Updated: Nov-29-15 1:20 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - Snowmobile clubs and advocacy groups from Montana and Idaho are suing over a U.S. Forest Service plan that bars motorized access in certain areas of the Kootenai National Forest in northwestern Montana.
- Pair of former Flathead High QBs at top of game Updated: Nov-27-15 1:19 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - Two former Flathead High School quarterbacks from Kalispell are playing key professional games this weekend.
- Feds deny requests to re-open Montana dam transfer Updated: Nov-25-15 4:15 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - Federal energy regulators have denied requests for a new hearing on the transfer of a western Montana dam to the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes.
- Judge denies motion to move trial in child death Updated: Nov-25-15 1:18 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - A Flathead County judge has denied a motion to move the trial in the case of a man charged with killing his girlfriend's 2-year-old son.
- Bail hearing set for inmate whose conviction was overturned Updated: Nov-24-15 4:21 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - A bail hearing is scheduled next month for a Montana State Prison inmate whose conviction and life sentence for deliberate homicide were overturned after a judge ruled evidence withheld from the defense could have led to a different outcome.
- Woman convicted of deliberate homicide out on parole Updated: Nov-24-15 4:01 am
KALISPELL, Montana - An Evergreen woman convicted of deliberate homicide in a 2009 crash that killed a pregnant woman and the woman's teenage son has been released on parole.
- Blackfeet councilwoman removed for harboring wanted man Updated: Nov-20-15 12:06 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - A Blackfeet tribal council member has been removed from office after authorities learned she was harboring a South Dakota man accused of child molestation.
- Bigfork man gets 25-year prison term in child sex case Updated: Nov-17-15 4:02 am
KALISPELL, Montana - A Bigfork man who admitted to impregnating a 15-year-old girl has been sentenced to 25 years in prison.
- Judge overturns conviction of man sentenced in 1997 slaying Updated: Nov-17-15 4:01 am
KALISPELL, Montana - A Sanders County judge has overturned the conviction of a man serving a life sentence for the 1997 death of his best friend.
- Grizzly bear that had killed chickens euthanized Updated: Nov-13-15 1:49 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - State wildlife officials euthanized a male grizzly bear that had begun destroying property northeast of Columbia Falls to get at food.
- Wildlife officials seek comment on conservation project Updated: Nov-09-15 4:01 am
KALISPELL, Montana - State wildlife officials are moving forward with the proposed purchase of two conservation easements totaling more than 10,000 acres near Columbia Falls.
- Lawyers for man accused of online threats ask to delay trial Updated: Nov-06-15 7:42 am
KALISPELL, Montana - Attorneys for a man suspected of making online threats to schools and religious leaders have asked a judge to reschedule next week's jury trial as both sides work toward a plea agreement.
- Flathead County to send juvenile offenders to Missoula Updated: Nov-02-15 1:28 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - Flathead County commissioners have given Sheriff Chuck Curry the authority to house suspects in juvenile cases in Missoula County to address overcrowding in the adult jail.
- Firefighting costs top $45 million in northwest Montana Updated: Nov-01-15 1:55 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - Wildfires in northwest Montana cost more than $45.7 million to fight this year.