- Flathead County offers to buy old Wal-Mart building for jail Updated: Jul-29-15 1:50 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - Flathead County has a tentative agreement to purchase a former Wal-Mart building in Evergreen to house the county jail.
- Officials identify man who died in Evergreen house fire Updated: Jul-20-15 9:19 am
KALISPELL, Montana - Officials have released the name of the man who died in a house fire in the community of Evergreen.
- Sheriff's office denies lawsuit allegations Updated: Jul-19-15 1:14 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - The Flathead County Sheriff's Office is denying allegations that a deputy used excessive force when he shot a woman during a 2013 standoff near Columbia Falls.
- Child cancer clinic coming to Kalispell Updated: Jul-19-15 10:34 am
KALISPELL, Montana - A children's cancer clinic is being established in Kalispell so patients from western Montana can stay closer to home for most treatments.
- Flathead County Courthouse to install clocks in tower Updated: Jul-18-15 4:17 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - The old Flathead County Courthouse in Kalispell is finally getting a clock for its tower thanks to an anonymous $9,800 donation.
- Kalispell man gets 50 years for sexual assault Updated: Jul-17-15 2:49 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - A registered sex offender who pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting a 5-year-old girl has been sentenced to 50 years in prison.
- Heat brings early crop of smaller, sweeter cherries Updated: Jul-14-15 10:55 am
KALISPELL, Montana - A freeze in November followed by a hot spring and summer have smaller, sweeter cherries being harvested about a week earlier than usual.
- Girl who survived plane crash found by motorist Updated: Jul-13-15 11:10 pm
SEATTLE - A teenage girl who survived a small-plane crash in the craggy, thickly forested mountains of north-central Washington state emerged from the wilderness after hiking "for a couple of days" and was picked up by a motorist who drove her to safety, authorities said Monday. But the fate of her two step-grandparents, who were also on board, remained unclear.
- Glacier Airport passengers set June record Updated: Jul-12-15 3:10 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - Glacier Park International Airport has set a record for passenger numbers in June.
- Glacier Park sees busiest June on record Updated: Jul-10-15 5:05 am
KALISPELL, Montana - Attendance at Glacier National Park soared in last month, making it the busiest June on record.
- Many Glacier Hotel survived fires, floods, ravages of time Updated: Jul-09-15 4:18 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - Anyone who has worked at or spent any substantial amount of time at the Many Glacier Hotel will tell you the same thing: It's a special place with a rich and unique history.
- Wind gust causes June plane crash in Great Bear Wilderness Updated: Jul-09-15 1:44 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - The National Transportation Safety Board says a wind gust pushed a single-engine Cessna off the end of a wilderness airstrip in northwestern Montana last month, causing a crash that injured three men.
- Flathead County district court judge to retire Updated: Jul-07-15 9:20 am
KALISPELL, Montana - Judge Ted O. Lympus is retiring early this summer, ending a 23-year stint on the bench that made him the longest-sitting district court judge in Flathead County.
- Montana woman charged with mailing loaded gun Updated: Jul-06-15 2:47 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - A northwestern Montana woman is charged with mailing a loaded gun, ammunition and other weapons to U.S. Sen. Jon Tester.
- High temps mean high electric use in NW Montana Updated: Jul-05-15 4:52 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - A hot June in northwest Montana appears to have resulted in record electricity consumption.
- Researchers find solution for devastating wheat midge Updated: Jul-05-15 1:26 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - Scientists have developed a wheat variety that they say is resistant to wheat midge, which has caused millions of dollars in damage to Montana crops in the last 10 years.
- Northwest Montana reaches 'severe drought' status Updated: Jul-04-15 4:52 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - Northwest Montana has reached "severe drought" status in the U.S. Drought Monitor.
- Red flag warning for northwest Montana Updated: Jul-04-15 11:41 am
MISSOULA, Montana - Red flag warnings have been posted for a large part of northwest Montana, including the Missoula and Kalispell areas.
- First man sentenced from 2014 sex sting Updated: Jul-03-15 2:41 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - A 37-year-old man has been sentenced to five years in prison for sexual abuse of children.