- Heavy rains caused localized flooding in Northwest Montana Updated: May-23-16 2:07 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - Heavy weekend rains have caused localized flooding in northwestern Montana and road closures near Columbia Falls, Hungry Horse and in Glacier National Park.
- Prosecutors drop assault charge against man shot by police Updated: May-18-16 4:36 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - A Montana judge has dismissed a charge of assault on a peace officer that was filed against a military veteran after his defense attorney argued Kalispell officers did not give him enough time to react to an order to drop his weapon before shooting him.
- Ahead of her time Updated: May-14-16 2:06 am
KALISPELL, Montana - It's pouring rain and the pack of varsity distance runners, a group of boys chasing all-state credentials, is powering through 200-meter sprints, 16 in total. In the middle of the herd, hidden at 5-foot-2 but striding step for step with the lead runners, is Annie Hill.
- Nearly two dozen students caused damage at Flathead High Updated: May-11-16 2:08 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - Police in Kalispell have determined that nearly two dozen students were involved in causing thousands of dollars in damage at Flathead High School.
- October trial for man charged with killing Kalispell woman Updated: May-10-16 3:47 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - An October trial date has been set for a man charged with killing a Kalispell woman in eastern Montana in February 2013.
- Jury: Columbia Falls not liable for skateboarding death Updated: May-10-16 10:31 am
KALISPELL, Montana - A Flathead County jury has found the city of Columbia Falls is not responsible for the 2008 death of Casey Kent, who fell and struck his head while skateboarding on a trail in his subdivision.
- Former Plum Creek worker sentenced for unemployment fraud Updated: May-03-16 10:16 am
KALISPELL, Montana - A man who worked for Plum Creek Timber while also receiving unemployment benefits has been given a six-year deferred sentence and was ordered to pay more than $38,000 in restitution.
- Great Falls man sentenced for growing pot on forest land Updated: May-03-16 12:41 am
KALISPELL, Montana - A Great Falls man who pleaded guilty to growing marijuana on national forest land has been given a five-year deferred sentence.
- Kalispell man sentenced to for fathering child with minor Updated: May-02-16 2:07 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - A Kalispell man has been sentenced to the Montana State Prison for fathering a child with a 15-year-old girl.
- Columbia Falls man sentenced for shooting near duck hunters Updated: Apr-29-16 10:25 am
KALISPELL, Montana - A Columbia Falls man has been given a one-year deferred jail sentence for shooting in the direction of other duck hunters last October after he had warned them against traveling through duck decoys he had set up along the Flathead River.
- State officials propose boat dock at Wild Horse Island Updated: Apr-28-16 10:44 am
KALISPELL, Montana - State officials are proposing a floating boat dock be installed at Wild Horse Island in Flathead Lake in order to reduce injuries.
- Environmental groups sue over bull trout recovery plan Updated: Apr-25-16 11:44 am
KALISPELL, Montana - Two environmental groups have filed a lawsuit against the federal government over the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service's plan to recover threatened bull trout.