- D-backs losing streak reaches 6 with 4-0 defeat at Miami Updated: May-05-16 11:41 pm
MIAMI - The Arizona Diamondbacks are taking big swings to little effect.
- Arizona House reverses course, OKs bill aiding developers Updated: May-05-16 11:41 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona House reversed course after an initial rejection and approved a bill Thursday that will give developers more power to issue municipal bonds and levy taxes to pay for public infrastructure in communities they are building.
- Adam Conley pitches shutout ball, Marlins sweep Arizona 4-0 Updated: May-05-16 11:18 pm
MIAMI - For the second start in a row, Adam Conley came out of the game leaving a string of zeroes behind him on the scoreboard.
- The Latest: Arizona House OKs bill aiding developers Updated: May-05-16 10:54 pm
PHOENIX - The Latest on a bill in the Arizona Legislature that aids developers (all times local):
- House rejects tax break for Grand Canyon University Updated: May-05-16 10:32 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona House has rejected a bill granting a big property tax break for a growing private Christian university in west Phoenix.
- Children's health insurance passes House, heads to Senate Updated: May-05-16 10:27 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona House on Thursday passed a bill restoring a program providing health insurance to low-income children after backers succeeded in using a complicated legislative maneuver as a last-gasp measure.
- Bill barring cities from banning Airbnb heads to Ducey Updated: May-05-16 10:18 pm
PHOENIX - A bill preventing local governments from banning short-term rentals on lodging websites like Airbnb has passed the house and is headed to Gov. Doug Ducey's desk.
- The Latest: Children's health insurance passes House Updated: May-05-16 9:48 pm
PHOENIX - The Latest on the legislative effort to restore KidsCare (all times local):
- 12 Mohave High School students accused in vandalism case Updated: May-05-16 9:31 pm
BULLHEAD CITY, Arizona - Authorities say 12 students have been arrested for a senior prank that caused more than $6,000 in damages to Mohave High School last week and may have to pay restitution.
- Judge wont order release of video of Mesa police shooting Updated: May-05-16 8:21 pm
PHOENIX - A judge refused Thursday to order the release of video of an unarmed man being shot and killed by a Mesa, Arizona, police officer.
- Tale of 2 Cardinals: Boehm could start, Williams needs work Updated: May-05-16 8:12 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - Fourth-round draft pick Evan Boehm could start right away at center for the Arizona Cardinals. Third-rounder Brandon Williams might take a bit longer. After all, he's only played one season at cornerback, one of the most challenging positions in football.
- Woman accused of killing Gila monster pleads not guilty Updated: May-05-16 7:34 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - An Arizona woman accused of killing a federally protected Gila monster and bragging about it online has pleaded not guilty.
- Bill allowing aerial fireworks fails in Arizona Senate Updated: May-05-16 6:48 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona Senate has voted against a bill that would have removed the state's strict ban on the use of aerial fireworks by average citizens.
- Ex-Phoenix policeman accused of assaulting woman acquitted Updated: May-05-16 5:50 pm
PHOENIX - A jury has acquitted a former Phoenix police officer accused of sexually assaulting a woman in his custody last year.
- Arizona's Chayka becomes youngest GM in NHL history Updated: May-05-16 5:37 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - The NHL has followed Major League Baseball's analytical trend in recent years, relying more on advanced statistics to evaluate players and tendencies.
- Not guilty plea for man accused of killing Glendale teenager Updated: May-05-16 5:11 pm
PHOENIX - A man accused in the death of a Glendale teenager over the sale of a video game has pleaded not guilty.
- Obama commutes Phoenix man's 20-year prison sentence Updated: May-05-16 4:41 pm
PHOENIX - A Phoenix man is among dozens of federal convicts whose prison sentences are being commuted by the Obama administration.
- Arizona House advances bill limiting access to food stamps Updated: May-05-16 4:03 pm
PHOENIX - The Republican-controlled Arizona House on Thursday advanced a proposal that could cut off nearly 80,000 people from the state's food stamp program, despite assurances from the sponsor two months ago that he would remove the provision.
- Magnitude 3.8 quake extends swarm along Arizona-Nevada line Updated: May-05-16 3:05 pm
A swarm of dozens of mostly small earthquakes in a sparsely populated area of northwestern Arizona has continued with the strongest quake recorded so far.
- ADOT to reconsider policy of removing roadside memorials Updated: May-05-16 2:54 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona Department of Transportation will reconsider its policy on the removal of roadside memorials in light of recent protests from Pinal County residents over their commemorative displays being taken away.
- Tucson police: 15-year-old boy killed in midtown shooting Updated: May-05-16 2:26 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Tucson police say a 15-year-old boy is dead following a midtown shooting.
- Public can view solar plane Saturday at Phoenix-area airport Updated: May-05-16 2:10 pm
GOODYEAR, Arizona - A public viewing for the Swiss-made solar-powered plane now pausing in Arizona while making a globe-circling flight will be held Saturday at an airport in a Phoenix suburb.
- Yuma teen arrested for posting shooting threat on Facebook Updated: May-05-16 1:55 pm
YUMA, Arizona - A Yuma teenager has been arrested after allegedly saying on social media he would bring a gun to school.
- Man shot and wounded by Douglas officer after chase Updated: May-05-16 1:32 pm
DOUGLAS, Arizona - Authorities say a Douglas police officer shot and wounded a man in a leg after the man's car was disabled and stopped following a chase.
- Student won't face felony charge in yearbook photo prank Updated: May-05-16 1:24 pm
MESA, Arizona - A Mesa high school student won't be prosecuted on a felony charge after police say he exposed himself in a football team picture that ended up in the school yearbook.