- Woman arrested for abandoning 2 toddlers at a Phoenix motel Updated: Nov-26-15 5:02 am
PHOENIX - A woman has been accused of child abuse after two toddlers in her care were found alone at a Phoenix motel.
- Gov. Ducey to help serve thousands on Thanksgiving Updated: Nov-26-15 5:02 am
PHOENIX - Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey will help serve thousands of people free Thanksgiving breakfast at an annual event at a south Phoenix McDonalds restaurant.
- Valley Metro board to meet, may seek police probe of CEO Updated: Nov-26-15 5:01 am
PHOENIX - Phoenix City Councilwoman Thelda Williams says she believes a police inquiry is warranted over Valley Metro chief operating officer Stephen Banta's reported irregularities in his expense accounts.
- Texas Canyon rest areas on I-10 to be closed for 6 months Updated: Nov-26-15 3:20 am
BENSON, Arizona - The Texas Canyon rest areas on Interstate 10 east of Benson in southeastern Arizona will be closed for renovations starting next Tuesday for the next six months.
- Vermette, Duclair, Domi lead Coyotes to 4-2 win over Ducks Updated: Nov-26-15 1:33 am
GLENDALE, Arizona - Antoine Vermette has been around long enough to know scoring droughts happen from time to time.
- Anthony Davis lead Pelicans past Suns, 120-114 Updated: Nov-25-15 11:58 pm
- Public library set to open in polygamous community Updated: Nov-25-15 9:56 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A public library is set to open next year in a polygamous town on the Utah-Arizona border that hasn't had one for decades because of controlling sect leaders who try to limit followers' exposure to the outside world.
- Quiet speedster Nelson joins Arizona's passing game Updated: Nov-25-15 8:54 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - When you're 5-foot-10, weigh 160 pounds and play in the NFL, you'd better be fast.
- Suns sign free-agent guard Bryce Cotton Updated: Nov-25-15 8:52 pm
PHOENIX - The Phoenix Suns signed free-agent guard Bryce Cotton on Wednesday before their home game against the New Orleans Pelicans.
- Travelers take to the roads and the skies for Thanksgiving Updated: Nov-25-15 7:11 pm
LOS ANGELES - The big Thanksgiving getaway went into full swing Wednesday with drivers delighted by the lowest November gas prices in years and many airline passengers undaunted by terrorism fears and long lines at security checkpoints.
- Ex-bookkeeper for Mesa company gets prison for tax evasion Updated: Nov-25-15 6:18 pm
PHOENIX - A former bookkeeper for a Mesa company has been sentenced to 30 months in federal prison for income tax evasion.
- Inmate kicks out police window, jumps onto Arizona freeway Updated: Nov-25-15 5:06 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - Authorities in suburban Phoenix say a handcuffed and shackled inmate was seriously injured after he kicked out a window in a police transport van on a freeway and jumped out of the moving vehicle.
- Apache Junction man contracting without license is arrested Updated: Nov-25-15 4:06 pm
APACHE JUNCTION, Arizona - An Apache Junction man has been arrested on a warrant stemming from a case in which he pleaded guilty to contracting without a license.
- Diamondbacks name Magadan hitting coach Updated: Nov-25-15 2:54 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona Diamondbacks have hired Dave Magadan as their hitting coach.
- Bisbee art gallery closes amid fight about nude paintings Updated: Nov-25-15 2:38 pm
BISBEE, Arizona - An art gallery in Bisbee is closing its doors just six months after it opened after the gallery operators and their landlords couldn't agree on where the line falls between art and pornography.
- Pirates get right-hander Webster from Arizona for cash Updated: Nov-25-15 11:24 am
- Kaibab National Forest adds to roster of rental cabins Updated: Nov-25-15 8:13 am
FREDONIA, Arizona - A national forest in northern Arizona is adding another cabin to its roster of rental offerings.
- Arizona attorney general arguing redistricting at high court Updated: Nov-25-15 5:01 am
PHOENIX - Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich will argue before the U.S. Supreme Court in a challenge to how state legislative districts were drawn.
- High court asked to review Indian status case from Arizona Updated: Nov-25-15 5:01 am
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - An Arizona man who had his 90-year sentence on assault and firearms charges restored has asked the U.S. Supreme Court to hear the case.
- Sacaton man sentenced to 12 years in prison for assault Updated: Nov-25-15 4:01 am
PHOENIX - A Sacaton man was sentenced to 12 years in federal prison for his assault conviction for punching another man and slashing his face with a knife during a fight.
- Marquette tops Arizona State in OT at Legends Classic 78-73 Updated: Nov-24-15 11:35 pm
NEW YORK - Henry Ellenson spent portions of Tuesday getting his shin wrapped.
- Phoenix police: Woman on bike killed in hit-and-run accident Updated: Nov-24-15 8:44 pm
PHOENIX - Police in Phoenix have released the name of a woman who was killed in a hit-and-run accident.
- Convict on the run since 2009 is extradited to Arizona Updated: Nov-24-15 8:15 pm
PHOENIX - A convict who escaped from a Maricopa County courthouse during his 2009 trial on sexual assault charges has been extradited to Arizona.
- Arizona health insurance co-op to close shop Dec. 31 Updated: Nov-24-15 7:58 pm
PHOENIX - Executives with Arizona's nonprofit health insurance co-op said Tuesday that they have failed to come up with additional financial backing and the insurer plans to shut down all operations Dec. 31.
- Metro Phoenix transit CEO resigns amid expense report probe Updated: Nov-24-15 7:53 pm
PHOENIX - The CEO of the Phoenix metropolitan area's bus and light-rail systems announced his resignation Tuesday amid a newspaper's investigation into his expense reports, which included first-class flights and expensive dinner and hotel tabs.