- Police kill man after near-carjacking in Flagstaff, Arizona Updated: May-23-16 9:52 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - A man who brandished and fired a handgun while walking near the Northern Arizona University campus was killed by police Monday in a shootout after he tried to carjack a vehicle in a busy intersection, authorities said.
- Arizona city bars Satanic Temple prayer at council meeting Updated: May-23-16 9:27 pm
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona - Officials say Scottsdale will bar the Satanic Temple from leading a scheduled prayer at a City Council meeting in July.
- The Latest: Police: Tuba City man killed after firing gun Updated: May-23-16 8:52 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - The Latest on a police shooting in Flagstaff (all times local):
- How Arizona's new laws punishing divergent cities came about Updated: May-23-16 7:53 pm
PHOENIX - One clear message Arizona lawmakers sent to mayors and other local officials during this year's legislative session: The state is the boss.
- Immigrant advocates plan rally outside Arpaio's office Updated: May-23-16 7:25 pm
PHOENIX - Immigrant rights advocates are planning a rally Wednesday outside of Sheriff Joe Arpaio's office to call for a judge to bring criminal contempt-of-court charges against the lawman.
- Suspect accused of firing at MCSO deputy trying to scare him Updated: May-23-16 5:45 pm
PHOENIX - A man accused of firing multiple shots at a Maricopa County Sheriff's deputy outside a substation west of Phoenix told authorities he was just trying to scare him.
- Phoenix police ID man who died after being subdued on street Updated: May-23-16 5:28 pm
PHOENIX - Police in Phoenix have identified a man who died after he complained of chest pains, then refused treatment and ran into a street.
- School backers seek more funds after Proposition 123 passes Updated: May-23-16 4:37 pm
PHOENIX - Education advocates are keeping the heat on Gov. Doug Ducey to restore K-12 funding now that voters have approved a measure that pumps $3.5 billion into schools over ten years.
- Man gets 20-year prison term in killing of Arizona woman Updated: May-23-16 4:35 pm
KINGMAN, Arizona - A man who pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in Arizona has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.
- Man who fired on Goodyear police officers booked into jail Updated: May-23-16 4:04 pm
GOODYEAR, Arizona - A man shot and wounded by Goodyear police after he opened fire on officers has been released from a hospital and booked into jail.
- The Latest: Outdoor groups criticize Utah lands push Updated: May-23-16 3:28 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Latest on a representatives from the outdoor recreation industry criticizing Utah's lands push (all times local):
- Arizona ruling allows hospital liens in some Medicaid cases Updated: May-23-16 2:06 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona Supreme Court says hospitals can go after lawsuit settlements to get additional reimbursement for costs of providing care for some patients covered by the state's Medicaid program.
- Get Started: House OKs small business contract legislation Updated: May-23-16 1:34 pm
- Panel recommends 3 for Pinal County Superior Court opening Updated: May-23-16 12:20 pm
PHOENIX - A state commission has recommended three sitting judges for appointment to a Pinal County Superior Court vacancy.
- Arizona officials to hold summit on Zika virus spread Updated: May-23-16 12:17 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona is inviting health officials to discuss how to prevent the Zika virus from spreading within the state.
- Pickup crashes into front of Tucson store after driver shot Updated: May-23-16 9:10 am
TUCSON, Arizona - A pickup truck crashed into the front of a Tucson convenience store after the man driving the truck was shot by a person in another vehicle.
- Garcia struggles in Cardinals' 7-2 loss to Diamondbacks Updated: May-22-16 6:41 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis left-hander Jaime Garcia knew he was in for a long day even before he took the mound in Sunday's 7-2 loss to the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Tucson home invasion leads to gunfire, flooding Updated: May-22-16 6:25 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Police say a home invasion led to an exchange of gunfire and a flood at a Tucson apartment complex.
- Greinke, Diamondbacks too much for Cardinals, 7-2 Updated: May-22-16 6:01 pm
ST. LOUIS - Zack Greinke felt as if he was becoming a little too predictable. So the Arizona right-hander decided to mix things up on Sunday.
- Phoenix police officer hurt in motorcycle-vehicle collision Updated: May-22-16 1:59 pm
PHOENIX - Two people suffered minor injuries after a Phoenix police motorcycle officer collided with a car blocking freeway traffic.
- 1 dead, 1 hurt after car crashes into ravine near Phoenix Updated: May-22-16 1:21 pm
PHOENIX - One person is dead and another is hospitalized after a car crashed down a ravine north of Phoenix.
- No more free parking weeknights at NAU Updated: May-22-16 11:15 am
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - Northern Arizona University will no longer offer free parking on weeknights.
- Late rally falls short as Diamondbacks fall to Cardinals 6-2 Updated: May-21-16 8:44 pm
ST. LOUIS - It was too little too late from the Arizona Diamondbacks offense on Saturday.
- Pima County inmate flees work crew Updated: May-21-16 6:13 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Authorities in Pima County are searching for an inmate who disappeared while serving on a work crew.
- Home evacuations lifted near northwestern Arizona wildfire Updated: May-21-16 5:38 pm
MOHAVE VALLEY, Arizona - Authorities have lifted evacuations for 60 homes in the vicinity of a wildfire in northwestern Arizona.