- Man sentenced to prison for death of son left in hot car Updated: Feb-09-16 12:34 pm
PHOENIX - A Phoenix man who pleaded guilty to child abuse in the 2013 death of his 1-year-old son he'd left in a hot car faces more than 20 years in prison.
- Panel OKs bill to allow DCS to ignore some neglect reports Updated: Feb-09-16 11:17 am
PHOENIX - A House panel has approved a bill that would allow the Department of Child Safety to disregard some reports of child neglect.
- Hundreds of pounds of meth found in trailer carrying peppers Updated: Feb-09-16 8:50 am
NOGALES, Arizona - Customs and Border Protection reports that officers at a Nogales crossing found hundreds of packages containing nearly 400 pounds of methamphetamine hidden inside a tractor-trailer rig carrying bell peppers.
- Highway getting new bridge over flood-prone wash near Yuma Updated: Feb-09-16 8:09 am
- Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport sets new passenger record in 2015 Updated: Feb-09-16 8:08 am
PHOENIX - Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport is reporting a new record for total passengers last year.
- Man sentenced to 14 years for attempted sex trafficking Updated: Feb-09-16 4:01 am
PHOENIX - A Phoenix man who pleaded guilty to attempted sexual trafficking of an underage girl was sentenced to 14 years in federal prison.
- Durant, Thunder pull away to beat Suns 122-106 Updated: Feb-09-16 1:04 am
PHOENIX - Once Oklahoma City star Kevin Durant found his shot, it was all over for slumping Phoenix.
- Clippard, Diamondbacks agree to $12.25M, 2-year contract Updated: Feb-08-16 11:41 pm
PHOENIX - Reliever Tyler Clippard agreed Monday to a $12.25 million, two-year contract with the Arizona Diamondbacks, who also settled their arbitration case with A.J. Pollock by giving the All-Star outfielder a $10.25 million, two-year deal.
- Air Force training mission starts brush fire in Arivaca Updated: Feb-08-16 9:12 pm
ARIVACA, Arizona - Authorities are trying to contain a large brush fire near the southern Arizona town of Arivaca that reportedly was started by accident by a Davis-Monthan Air Force Base airman.
- Pima County Sheriff's Office investigating suspicious death Updated: Feb-08-16 8:34 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Pima County sheriff's homicide detectives say they're investigating a suspicious death.
- Attorney General to visit 6 cities to highlight police work Updated: Feb-08-16 8:10 pm
WASHINGTON - Attorney General Loretta Lynch plans to visit six cities in the coming months to highlight police departments she sees as role models for law enforcement.
- Arizona panel OKs tax credit for concealed carry permit Updated: Feb-08-16 8:06 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona residents are one step closer to getting a tax credit for attending a firearms safety class after Republican lawmakers passed a measure offering a dollar-for-dollar credit for concealed-carry permit holders Monday.
- Lawmaker offers secular prayer on House floor Updated: Feb-08-16 7:44 pm
PHOENIX - A Democratic lawmaker has offered a secular prayer on the House floor after Republican leadership turned down his request to offer a daily prayer during opening ceremonies.
- 3 people injured after 6-vehicle crash in Peoria Updated: Feb-08-16 6:38 pm
PEORIA, Arizona - Authorities say three people have been taken to hospitals for treatment of injuries after a six-vehicle crash in Peoria.
- Arizona inmate death being investigated as suspected homcide Updated: Feb-08-16 6:22 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona Department of Corrections officials say they're investigating the death of an inmate last weekend as a suspected homicide.
- Francis Wick named CEO of family newspaper chain Updated: Feb-08-16 6:07 pm
SIERRA VISTA, Arizona - Wick Communications has named the grandson of the newspaper chain's co-founder as its new president and CEO.
- Cabin smoke forces flight back to Arizona; passengers unhurt Updated: Feb-08-16 5:27 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - A commercial flight headed to Los Angeles filled with smoke, turned around and made an emergency landing in Tucson, Arizona, where some passengers had to jump from the airplane to the runway.
- Ducey creates office to help streamline economic development Updated: Feb-08-16 5:23 pm
PHOENIX - Gov. Doug Ducey on Monday announced the creation of a new office designed to help streamline economic development and marketing of Arizona across the nation and internationally.
- House panel OK's repeal of Arizona technical education cut Updated: Feb-08-16 4:26 pm
PHOENIX - An Arizona House committee on Monday unanimously approved a proposal restoring nearly all the cuts made to high school career and technical education programs last year, setting the stage for the full House to consider the emergency legislation.
- Phoenix couple get jail terms in food stamps fraud case Updated: Feb-08-16 4:20 pm
PHOENIX - A Phoenix couple has each been sentenced to six months in jail and ordered to jointly pay more than $94,000 restitution in a food stamps fraud case.
- Phoenix Mercury bring back Penny Taylor Updated: Feb-08-16 3:46 pm
PHOENIX - The Phoenix Mercury have re-signed forward Penny Taylor, reuniting the starting lineup that won the 2014 WNBA title.
- Pinal jail commander reassigned during credit-card probe Updated: Feb-08-16 3:45 pm
FLORENCE, Arizona - The Pinal County Sheriff's Office says Superior Mayor Jayme Valenzuela has been reassigned from his job as county jail commander while alleged misuse of a town charge card is investigated.
- Gallup Diocese bankruptcy case's costs exceed $3.6 million Updated: Feb-08-16 1:33 pm
GALLUP, New Mexico - Costs for the Diocese of Gallup's bankruptcy proceedings have exceeded $3.6 million.
- Arizona DPS: Freeway shooting was road-rage incident Updated: Feb-08-16 12:04 pm
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona - A Phoenix-area freeway shooting during the Monday morning commute stemmed from a road-rage confrontation, the Arizona Department of Transportation said.
- The Latest: Police: Shooting stemmed from road-road incident Updated: Feb-08-16 11:09 am
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona - The Latest on a freeway shooting incident in the Phoenix area (all times local):