- Work to begin on restoring marsh east of Cleveland Updated: Aug-30-15 7:37 am
MENTOR, Ohio - Ohio's first state nature preserve is set to get a makeover.
- Rock Hall to open exhibits on Graham Nash, Smokey Robinson Updated: Aug-30-15 5:22 am
CLEVELAND - The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland will open new exhibits this fall honoring two legendary singer-songwriters.
- Smith implodes in eighth as Angels lose 8-3 to Indians Updated: Aug-30-15 12:32 am
CLEVELAND - On the outside looking in at a tight AL wild card race, the Los Angeles Angels are experiencing some serious road woes.
- McCown throws 2 TD passes to lead Browns over Bucs Updated: Aug-30-15 12:03 am
TAMPA, Florida - The Cleveland Browns were a tough matchup for Jameis Winston.
- Gomes' grand slam caps big inning as Indians beat Angels 8-3 Updated: Aug-29-15 11:06 pm
- Ex-lawyer accused of hypnotizing women charged in Ohio Updated: Aug-29-15 5:23 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - A former Cleveland-area attorney accused of hypnotizing women for his sexual pleasure has been charged with kidnapping, sexual battery and gross sexual imposition following an investigation that began last fall.
- Algae in western Lake Erie eats into fishing business Updated: Aug-29-15 11:47 am
OAK HARBOR, Ohio - Thick mats of algae spreading across western Lake Erie in recent weeks appear to be pushing one of the region's most-prized sport fish to flee, forcing some charter boat captains to cancel trips. At least one told out-of-state visitors hoping to catch walleye to stay home for now.
- Indians manager Francona says he won't use opt-out clause Updated: Aug-28-15 6:56 pm
CLEVELAND - Indians manager Terry Francona says he won't use an out clause in his contract if Cleveland President Mark Shapiro takes a job elsewhere.
- Indians RHP Danny Salazar scratched from start vs Angels Updated: Aug-28-15 5:52 pm
CLEVELAND - Indians pitcher Danny Salazar was scratched from his scheduled start Friday night against the Los Angeles Angels because of a virus.
- Board OKs 1st Ohio standards for police use of deadly force Updated: Aug-28-15 3:43 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Use of deadly force by police officers would be limited to defending themselves or others from serious injury or death under Ohio's first statewide standards adopted Friday and sent to hundreds of law enforcement agencies.
- Man gets life sentence in slaying of elderly Ohio couple Updated: Aug-28-15 3:38 pm
CLEVELAND - An Ohio man avoided the death penalty on Friday when he pleaded guilty to aggravated murder charges and was sentenced to life in prison without parole for robbing and killing an elderly couple then burning their bodies.
- Ohio logs better-than-average childhood vaccination rates Updated: Aug-28-15 11:50 am
CLEVELAND - The percentage of children receiving the measles, mumps and rubella vaccine on time has increased in Ohio, and a state official said a measles outbreak might have helped raise awareness.
- Ex-manager at Ohio housing agency gets 16 months in prison Updated: Aug-28-15 3:37 am
CLEVELAND - A former program manager at a Cleveland-area housing agency has been sentenced to 16 months in prison for stealing $232,000 from the federally funded organization.
- Maness gets key outs in 8th as Cardinals beat D-backs 5-3 Updated: Aug-28-15 2:26 am
PHOENIX - Seth Maness came into the game in a tight spot and got some big outs for St. Louis Cardinals.
- Johnny Manziel out for rest of preseason with elbow injury Updated: Aug-27-15 6:09 pm
BEREA, Ohio - Johnny Manziel's preseason is over, sacked by a stinging elbow.
- Clinton likens GOP's views on women to those of terrorists Updated: Aug-27-15 2:55 pm
CLEVELAND - Hillary Rodham Clinton on Thursday drew parallels between terrorist organizations and the field of Republican candidates for president when it comes to their views on women, telling an Ohio audience her potential GOP rivals were pushing "out of date" policies.
- Northeast Ohio officer charged with selling guns to felons Updated: Aug-27-15 7:32 am
CLEVELAND - A police officer outside Cleveland who authorities say sold guns to felons has been indicted by a federal grand jury.
- Hillary Clinton heads to Cleveland for Ohio organizing event Updated: Aug-27-15 3:09 am
CLEVELAND - Hillary Clinton is making a campaign stop in Ohio to shore up early organizing efforts in the political battleground state.
- Nelson wild in Brewers' 6-2 loss to Indians Updated: Aug-27-15 12:29 am
CLEVELAND - Jimmy Nelson had no one to blame but himself.
- Kipnis has HR, 3 RBIs to lead Indians past Brewers, 6-2 Updated: Aug-27-15 12:15 am
CLEVELAND - With his best pitcher landing on the disabled list, Indians manager Terry Francona knew he needed a strong effort from the rest of his team Wednesday night.
- Johnny Manziel's elbow still sore, likely to miss exhibition Updated: Aug-26-15 6:05 pm
BEREA, Ohio - Johnny Manziel entered the NFL with a flair for making sensational plays. And, as it turns out, an elbow problem.
- Court: Ohio man with dismissed charges can't get state funds Updated: Aug-26-15 4:21 pm
CLEVELAND - A man whose murder conviction was overturned and whose criminal record was expunged is not eligible to receive money from a state fund for the wrongfully imprisoned because prosecutors could retry his case someday, the Ohio Supreme Court ruled Wednesday.
- Ohio to investigate jail where woman found dead in cell Updated: Aug-26-15 3:20 pm
CLEVELAND HEIGHTS, Ohio - The Ohio corrections department will conduct a review of the jail where a woman was found dead in a cell last month to help officials determine what happened.
- Police looking for man who escaped from Cleveland workhouse Updated: Aug-26-15 2:43 pm
CLEVELAND - Authorities are asking for help locating a man who escaped from the Cleveland House of Corrections.
- Cleveland State to play some games in Cavaliers' arena Updated: Aug-26-15 12:48 pm
CLEVELAND - Cleveland State has partnered with Quicken Loans Arena and will have its basketball teams play some home games on the Cavaliers' court next season.