- Indians trade outfielder Moss to Cardinals for pitcher Updated: Jul-30-15 11:13 am
CLEVELAND - Brandon Moss was sorry to see close friend David Murphy traded earlier this week by the Indians.
- Royals denied 4-game sweep, routed by Indians 12-1 Updated: Jul-29-15 5:20 pm
CLEVELAND - One bad afternoon did little to dampen the spirits of the reigning AL champion Royals.
- Indians avoid winless homestand, beat Royals 12-1 Updated: Jul-29-15 5:03 pm
CLEVELAND - The Cleveland Indians found the perfect way to avoid a winless homestand.
- Browns motivated by lack of national respect Updated: Jul-29-15 4:18 pm
BEREA, Ohio - Outside expectations are so low for the Browns that coach Mike Pettine joked he's seen his team picked to finish fifth in the four-team AFC North.
- Pregnant woman killed in murder-suicide; baby delivered Updated: Jul-29-15 3:28 pm
CLEVELAND - Cleveland police say a 34-year-old pregnant woman was fatally shot by her domestic partner in an apparent murder-suicide, but doctors were able to deliver her baby girl.
- Indians manager Francona ejected after player hit by pitch Updated: Jul-29-15 2:02 pm
CLEVELAND - Cleveland Indians manager Terry Francona has been ejected in the fifth inning against Kansas City.
- Ohio board working on statewide deadly force standards Updated: Jul-29-15 12:31 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's public safety director says incidents such as the fatal shooting of an unarmed motorist by a University of Cincinnati police officer underscores the need for strong relationships between police departments and the communities they serve.
- With season sinking, Indians trade Murphy to Angels Updated: Jul-29-15 1:24 am
CLEVELAND - Their season wasting away, the Cleveland Indians started looking toward 2016.
- Indians lose 2-1, home losing streak longest since '75 Updated: Jul-28-15 11:23 pm
CLEVELAND - When Trevor Bauer's curveball to Eric Hosmer sunk over the wall in right field, Cleveland's season dropped to a new low.
- Family of late black golf great accused of $1 million theft Updated: Jul-28-15 6:25 pm
CLEVELAND - The son and ex-daughter-in-law of late black golf pioneer Charlie Sifford were indicted Tuesday on charges they stole more than $1 million from him.
- Johnny Cueto joins Royals following trade Updated: Jul-28-15 6:05 pm
CLEVELAND - Johnny Cueto spent part of his first hours with the Kansas City Royals running up and down the steps inside an empty Progressive Field.
- Woman killed, infant hurt after car crashes into Ohio home Updated: Jul-28-15 4:07 pm
CLEVELAND - A northern Ohio woman died Tuesday when a car crashed into her living room, striking her as she sat on a couch, authorities said.
- Union raffling gun to benefit officer who shot unarmed man Updated: Jul-28-15 6:26 am
CLEVELAND - Cleveland's police union is raffling off a pistol and other items to benefit an officer who has been on restricted duty since he fatally shot an unarmed burglary suspect in March.
- Cleveland city council passes new public demonstration law Updated: Jul-28-15 3:04 am
CLEVELAND - Cleveland City Council is changing rules regulating public demonstrations.
- Johnny Manziel still No. 2 behind Josh McCown for Browns Updated: Jul-27-15 6:55 pm
BEREA, Ohio - Johnny Manziel had an uneventful summer, but his improved behavior hasn't changed his position on Cleveland's depth chart.
- Cavs trade Haywood, Miller to Blazers Updated: Jul-27-15 6:55 pm
- Police: Cleveland woman dies at suburban jail after arrest Updated: Jul-27-15 4:25 pm
CLEVELAND HEIGHTS, Ohio - Police say a woman found dead in a holding cell at a suburban Cleveland jail had several medical conditions and was taken by ambulance to a clinic the night before she died because she seemed lethargic.
- Cavaliers sign guard Matthew Dellavedova to 1-year contract Updated: Jul-27-15 3:27 pm
CLEVELAND - Matthew Dellavedova has hustled his way back to the Cavaliers.
- Rodon, Sanchez lead White Sox to sweep with 2-1 win Updated: Jul-26-15 6:20 pm
CLEVELAND - The Chicago White Sox were pretty happy with a little role reversal in Cleveland.
- Cleveland moving toward converting streetlights to LED Updated: Jul-26-15 10:14 am
CLEVELAND - Cleveland is taking steps to become one of a few Ohio cities to convert its streetlights to LED fixtures capable of reporting burnouts and other issues.
- Indians unveil Larry Doby statue Updated: Jul-25-15 7:22 pm
CLEVELAND - Larry Doby's legacy as a baseball player and pioneer has a permanent home.
- Indians' Kipnis out with stiff neck Updated: Jul-25-15 7:15 pm
CLEVELAND - Cleveland Indians All-Star second baseman Jason Kipnis is out of the lineup because of a stiff neck.
- Charges dismissed vs. white police supervisors over shooting Updated: Jul-24-15 6:38 pm
CLEVELAND - A county judge on Friday agreed to dismiss misdemeanor charges against five white Cleveland police supervisors for failing to control a chase that ended with two black people being killed in a 137-shot barrage of police gunfire. The decision could allow the case to be tried in the predominantly black suburb where the chase ended and where defense attorneys say prosecutors stand a better chance of winning.
- Indians 'not motivated' to trade any starting pitchers Updated: Jul-24-15 6:11 pm
CLEVELAND - With one of baseball's best young starting staffs, the Indians are a prime target for teams looking to make a deal before next week's trading deadline.
- Conference aims to unite efforts of black activist groups Updated: Jul-24-15 5:20 pm
CLEVELAND - Leaders of black activist groups from around the country are gathering in Cleveland this weekend to share thoughts, ideas and stories at a conference aimed at furthering the creation of a modern-day civil rights movement to address systemic problems of police brutality and socio-economic deprivation.