- Hammer-wielding man robs Aspen marijuana store Updated: Jul-28-15 11:13 pm
ASPEN, Colorado - Police say a hammer-wielding man who robbed an Aspen marijuana store of $11,000 worth of the drug was friends with the employees and known by local authorities.
- Carbon monoxide from camp stove killed campers near Aspen Updated: Jul-28-15 9:44 am
ASPEN, Colorado - Carbon monoxide from a camp stove burning in their tent killed a father and son camping near Aspen.
- Intel chief: US decided not to retaliate for Sony hack Updated: Jul-24-15 7:56 pm
ASPEN, Colorado - The Director of National Intelligence says the Obama administration made a conscious decision not to use technology to retaliate against North Korea in response to last year's hack that damaged Sony computers and disclosed internal company emails.
- FBI chief: Islamic State group bigger threat than al-Qaida Updated: Jul-22-15 10:22 pm
ASPEN, Colorado - The Islamic State group's effort to inspire troubled Americans to violence has become more of a terror threat to the U.S. than an external attack by al-Qaida, the FBI director said Wednesday.
- Smuggler Mine sells for $7.5 million Updated: Jul-18-15 12:37 pm
ASPEN, Colorado - Smuggler Mine has changed ownership.
- Street art comes to Aspen Updated: Jul-18-15 3:08 am
ASPEN, Colorado - Street art has arrived in Aspen. Just gaze at the upper east and west sides of the former Crystal Palace building on East Hyman Avenue and see for yourself.
- Body recovered from Roaring Fork River near Aspen Updated: Jul-17-15 7:29 pm
ASPEN, Colorado - Authorities have identified a man whose body was recovered from the Roaring Fork River downstream from the Devil's Punchbowl area up Independence Pass.
- Interior secretary agrees to meet with Moffat commissioners Updated: Jul-15-15 9:31 pm
CRAIG, Colorado - A Moffat County commissioner said Wednesday that Interior Secretary Sally Jewell has agreed to meet with him and his colleagues who want to discuss the fate of a coal mine that could close because of a recent court ruling.
- Pitkin County wants review of ruling in whistleblower case Updated: Jul-15-15 1:29 pm
ASPEN, Colorado - Pitkin County may challenge a Colorado Court of Appeals decision allowing the identity of whistleblowers in land-use complaints to be disclosed.
- Aspen-area campers required to use bear-resistant containers Updated: Jul-15-15 5:04 am
ASPEN, Colorado - Those looking to camp in the Aspen area will have to bring bear-resistant food and garbage containers this summer or risk a hefty fine.
- Skier Zettel retires year after winning Olympic bronze Updated: Jul-13-15 5:53 am
VIENNA - Former world champion Kathrin Zettel became the third prominent member of the Austrian women's ski team to retire in the offseason Monday, a year after she won bronze in the Olympic slalom in Sochi.
- Arizona woman gets probation for stealing from Aspen stores Updated: Jul-07-15 8:38 am
ASPEN, Colorado - An Arizona woman is spending a year on probation for stealing $3,000 in clothes and shoes from downtown Aspen shops.
- Snowmass Village councilman may be charged for jail damage Updated: Jul-03-15 1:29 pm
SNOWMASS VILLAGE, Colorado - A town official in Snowmass Village may face criminal charges for damage he allegedly caused to the Pitkin County Jail, where he was held last week on suspicion of driving drunk.
- Trap set for bear that's been breaking into Aspen homes Updated: Jun-29-15 8:56 am
ASPEN, Colorado - Wildlife officials are trying to catch a bear that's been breaking into homes in an Aspen neighborhood.